• 50 results
#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (14171 posts) - - Show Bio

I did. A lot. I watched USAM on the USA Network back in '99. Ah good times. I miss sitcoms.

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19985 posts) - - Show Bio

Dropped out of first grade.

#3 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4918 posts) - - Show Bio

I only skipped once. I literally skipped class... came back right before the class ended walked inside and asked the sub if she skipped my name because I didn't hear it.

She apologized and I technically never skipped school.

I never understood the idea of skipping school. I would just not go.

( + )

#4 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Dropped out of first grade.

Too much for you?

#5 Posted by Joygirl (19985 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: You can tell how challenging it was for me by how I act now.

#6 Posted by Immortal777 (7806 posts) - - Show Bio

All the time, but didn't matter because I was a straight A student. One class I missed a full month and got and A other classes I would just walk out when I got bored lol.

#7 Edited by mikethekiller (8530 posts) - - Show Bio

senior ditch day

#8 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I skipped at school, hopscotch !

#9 Posted by Bruxae (14152 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, I gave up on it pretty early, I cant really do things when I feel forced.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (225703 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...

#11 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, never really had the inclination.

#12 Edited by CHUCKY47 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's not realy skipping school but 10 minutes before school ended I walked out

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (19390 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.

#14 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (13022 posts) - - Show Bio

If I didn't want to go, I'd just ask my mother if I could stay home...she'd usually let me stay.

what the point in coming to school if you're gonna leave.

#15 Posted by ragdollpurps (16216 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to walk, so yeah, I would just walk somewhere else. Usually to a park. I had a tough time in highschool emotionally so I couldn't handle being around everyone all the time. I'd just go to the park and photograph and sketch plants, or read, or play gameboy.

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, never did. I was a fairly straight-arrow kid. Didn't wanna waste my parents' money.

#17 Posted by MonsterStomp (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe once or twice in my entire 12 years, but that's it.

#18 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated school, so I skipped a lot lmao.

I didn't go to school once for like 2 weeks straight.

Oh well, parents found out and got super pissed.

They sent me to a therapist because they thought I had issues.

I'm pretty sure the therapists created some of the issues, more than me having issues.

So now I'm a bipolar and crazy.

Oh, well.

Life continues....

#19 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated school, so I skipped a lot lmao.

I didn't go to school once for like 2 weeks straight.

Oh well, parents found out and got super pissed.

They sent me to a therapist because they thought I had issues.

I'm pretty sure the therapists created some of the issues, more than me having issues.

So now I'm a bipolar and crazy.

Oh, well.

Life continues....

Beat you, I have not gone to school in about a month, too hooked on VG

#20 Posted by Chaos Prime (10895 posts) - - Show Bio

Final year of school was told to stay away from the lessons & just return for my final exams.

#21 Posted by DarkShadows (741 posts) - - Show Bio

A few times.

I ditched school for Disneyland twice. I regret nothing because it was not as crowded like it usual was. While the other time I pretended to be sick because I was not in the mood to go to school.

#22 Posted by OptimusPalm (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

The first day I bunked was the last day of school (because I felt I had to do it at least once). Apparently I missed quite a good day.

@the_pain: There's plenty of time for VG after school dude! (in fact, you get even more time once you move out of your parents house!)

#23 Posted by AmazingAngel (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

Once I stopped going to a whole class for about a couple of months.

#24 Posted by Akindoodle (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Nope, never did. I was a fairly straight-arrow kid. Didn't wanna waste my parents' money.

Yeah this. Besides where I've gone to school, a kid gets beaten silly if they just up and leave. I can still hear the cane whips of my Technology teacher *shivers*

#25 Posted by thespideyguy (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep but I make A's. Most of the time it was my dad's idea.

#26 Posted by logy5000 (6390 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting the impression that you guys feel like bad@sses if you say yes.

#27 Posted by longbowhunter (8006 posts) - - Show Bio

When I started going to a lot of out of town shows and concerts I'd skip because I didnt want to sit in class for 7 hours then be on the road for 2-4 more hours. Once I skipped and ate a bunch of LSD.

#28 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

In 6th grade I got so sick of school I asked the teacher if I could use the bathroom and I walked out of the school to my house. It was the second last day of school so I skipped the last day so I wouldn't get in trouble.

#29 Posted by The Stegman (26604 posts) - - Show Bio

All the time, especially my senior year of high school. I had all the credits I needed so my friends and I would sneak out of the school and go play Yugioh at the park.

#30 Edited by JohnnyGat (1580 posts) - - Show Bio

I would wake up tell my mom casually "Mom I'm skipping class today" and mom be like "okay" and I'm like "okay" and go back to sleep.

#31 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5425 posts) - - Show Bio

I have faked sickness to get away from school, but that was a long time ago.

I'm so much more of a perfectionist with my grades now, have been since freshmen year.

#32 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6389 posts) - - Show Bio

@chucky47: Pretty much did the same. Me and an ex left a few minutes before the bell rang.

#33 Posted by judasnixon (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

One time me and my girlfriend at the time skipped school, and we went back to her house to have sex, her mom got off work early, and caught us butt naked in the living room......

#34 Edited by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

I literally skipped third period every day and went to all three launches in my sophomore year. It wasn't like I was eating the whole tine but I had friends in each lunch lol. When my parents were out of town for two weeks in my junior year of high school and I just didn't go to school for those two weeks because why the hell not. Funnily enough I still passed every test I was given by a fair margin even if I hadn't been in the actual classes that were teaching it lol. Had good grades and a good MCAS score as well as a good SAT score. I found it kind of funny since I kind of skipped a lot of classes and hardly ever studied lol. I've always been a good test taker and never stress out on them. I'm lucky that way I suppose lol.

#35 Posted by frogdog (3639 posts) - - Show Bio

If I wasn't learning anything, then yeah I would skip some of my classes

#36 Posted by Loki9876 (3065 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#38 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Public schools are our community babysitters.

#39 Posted by i_like_swords (18438 posts) - - Show Bio

Skipped plenty of school. My attendance hit 68% one year. Was gutted because the term after that it rose to 70%.

Work it out.

#40 Posted by Mirror (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I skipped school a lot, the only way for me not to get bullied +I hate it when others tell me what too do..

#41 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Stevens61310 (189 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Why would I skip? To sit at home and stare at the ceiling--that would be inspiring

#43 Posted by twitchy_tail (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah I never really did in less there was a doctors appointment or some lame thing then I would stay home all day. I hated school though so it was nice to be out at all.

#44 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Well yes

#45 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Did it so often back then, the principal knew me by name... And my high-school had 5000+ students in it, so I was pretty much a stand-out... But I still graduated in the upper 5%.... No, it does not tell you I'm smart. It tells you how crappy the standards of that school were... Nyahahahahaha!!!!

#46 Posted by danhimself (22736 posts) - - Show Bio

fairly early into my junior year I decided that I was going to drop out and go to alternative high school so I went to the counselor and talked it out with her...she said ok but recommended that I stay and get whatever credits I could so that I didn't have to take as many classes in alternative...in my mind I heard "stay and screw off the rest of the year" so yeah I ended up skipping pretty much every other day and when I was in school I was most definitely not sober

#47 Edited by HumanRocket (9881 posts) - - Show Bio

A fee times once during elementary school and a few times during middle and high school. Parents only found out once.

#48 Posted by The Stegman (26604 posts) - - Show Bio

I would wake up tell my mom casually "Mom I'm skipping class today" and mom be like "okay" and I'm like "okay" and go back to sleep.

Same here, my mom was VERY lenient on me not going to school, as long as my grades were some what decent, she didn't care how many classes I missed.

#49 Edited by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

once i heard the whores of my school were hanging out in the back staircase of my school i skipped a few classes...best decisions i made that year

#50 Posted by BRAXCKLOFF (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Like hell I did!!!! Most of the time was when We had gay field trips or assignments. Still do to this day