Did the Xbox one win you back ?

• 170 results
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Did Microsoft win you back after watching E3 today ?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator

I honestly missed the conference. Could somebody summarize it for me? I'm more interested in hardware / software right now.

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#3  Edited By amutant

Nope. Still buying a Playstation 4.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no...hell no

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell facking no.

Not backwards compatible, restricted used games, no internet? well have fun with the paper weight.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

@extremis said:

@jedixman: this

Someone tell us what happened

I mean, I'm still a Playstation man, and I probably won't get an Xbox One either way, but I'm still curious.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: From what I know Microsoft hardly mentioned the actual consul and just announced a load of games

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

@z3ro180 said:

@jedixman: From what I know Microsoft hardly mentioned the actual consul and just announced a load of games

I heard a lot about games post-conference, but I thought they would at least discuss the console.

Did they do anything to refute the previous controversial aspects of the One?

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hell facking no.

Not backwards compatible, restricted used games, no internet? well have fun with the paper weight.

The first one is so bad. PS2 was the first one that really did it. I would wish they did, but since there isn't the same format (yes a disc, but not they same one) it is a problem. It was easier to see back in the day when the cardige change form and the disc don't. That doesn't mean it isn't a new disc. The next thing is the dealbreaker for me or more so I can't borrow a game to a friend. I have to give it a way (give up some rights, so I can't sell it afterwards) it is just messed up. The always online isn't a direct problem for me. But I don't feel I have to be always online. Why can't I just play. I don't know if I'm going to get a next gen console. I feel the industry is going in a very wrong way.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ximpossibrux
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: as far as I know they did not address any of the problems the fan base told them about

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: I feel the same way as you. It seems like they are adding all this unnecessary stuff. It seems like the whole gameing aspect of the home consul is being sidelined in favour for movies and social media. I can see why they are doing but that's not the reason people buy either a play station or an x-box

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

@jedixman: Since they rarely discussed the console, i'm going by recent news.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know

http://haverzine.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-drops-backwards-compatibility-for-xbox-360-xbox-live-arcade/

No backwards compat, requires to hook up the the internet once evert 24 hours or you can't use it, used games can only be lent out once to a friend (who has the be an Xbox Live friend for at least 30 days)

It is a Spying Device. Smart folks no buy it.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kind of bummed that Killer Instinct will be Xbox One Exclusive... But nope, not enough for me to get one.

PS4 all the way.

and Wii-U is about to get back on the scene to.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JediXMan  Moderator

I think anybody who was warming up to the Xbox has just been yanked away by the PS4 after that conference. The PS4 just has too many positive aspects (and cheaper)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

NOPE!!!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@jedixman said:

I honestly missed the conference. Could somebody summarize it for me? I'm more interested in hardware / software right now.

Nothing was discussed past the details they posted a few days back citing their Used game and Internet policies. Their entire conference was spent on showcasing games.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They announced the price as $499

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ARMIV2

No. Not even with one of my childhood favorites being resurrected as an exclusive does the X-Box One have me on its side. It isn't a matter of fan-boyism here, the X-Box One was designed so completely far and out of focus from gamers.

And after what Sony did...Sony has their heads on right. They didn't mess up something as simple as sharing a game with your friends.

Loading Video...

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@armiv2: I was expecting someone to post that. (•‿•)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Xbox One lost so hard to PS4.

It's f**king hilarious.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sony laid hands on microsoft

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

A good summary of E3? Sure.

Basically, X-Box One focused on their games.

PS4 focused on their games, WHILE also going over the price [399], their used game policy, the PS Plus ordeal, and much, much more. Basically, PS4 just laid the smackdown all upon X-Box One.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ARMIV2

@armiv2: I was expecting someone to post that. (•‿•)

I'm sharing it wherever I can.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I almost pity Microsoft at this point. If they weren't so greed in the first place, they wouldn't be owned like this by Sony.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The main question now is, what will X-Box do to win people back?

There is no way they're going to outsell PS4 at all, due to the fact PS4 one-up'd them in every way possible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Playstation Plus is now needed for online play. However, it's 5 dollars with free benefits each month along with it.

Playstation 4 now has how many exclusive games that truly just beat out X-Box, again that could be my opinion, but it truly seems like they were outclassed.

Playstation 4 also is going out for 399, which is cheaper than even some smart phones out there. X-Box One price = 499.

Playstation 4 also allows the fan demanded used games/ and sharing of the games. X-Box does not.

Honestly, X-Box seems to be hanging by a string right now. They either need to totally change everything just to stay on par with PS4, or they get demolished in compeition. From what I've seen, even my freinds on Facebook, one of which having a Gears Of War tattoo even plan on switching over. Thoughts?

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NovaRichRider
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Win me back how? Through being pitiful? Got their a*ses handed to them by Sony and they suddenly can win me back? Good one. Nyahahahahaha!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

They did not, though they had some nice games :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Xbox didn't go into any more detail because they didn't want to piss people off any further... PS4 all the way for me... Sad really, I'd been wanting another KI for the longest time.

Sorry Fulgore, but there's no way I'm spending an extra 100$ to buy an obviously inferior console.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was so close to winning me back.

Titanfall and Ryse both look utterly fantastic.

But then Sony announced a 100 dollar cheaper console that won't block used games OR require the internet.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO!!!

No Caption Provided
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mild_Karl

I don't think there are many out there who were won over by the Xbox One (who weren't won over already), especially after seeing the PS4 reveal, the consumer-friendly DRM practices (*ahem* None whatsoever), the line up of exclusive games & the price point (a full $100 less than the Xbox One!).

With that said, as a hardcore gamer, I'm still excited to get an Xbox One. What they did show intrigued me (other than Killer Instinct, bleh) & a lot of their practices have been implemented in a way that doesn't particularly affect me (I'm always online, I rarely if ever borrow/trade games, etc). I can see the argument that you need to not support these stipulations but personally, I want one & I'll save up the money to get one because this is a free country, damn it!

Excited for what Wii U has in store. After today, they have everything to lose, so they're more or less forced to show their hands. New Smash, new Mario, more Sonic Lost Worlds, Yoshi, Kirby & I'll be content. Pokemon, Zelda, Pikmin, Wii Fit U, Mario Kart for everyone else. Fingers crossed for Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare & Phoenix Wright/Layton.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what channel does E3 come on

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@xlab3000: Many websites did live streams for all events IGN is currently posting the full events on youtube.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done with Microsoft and switching back to Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@grift3r said:

Done with Microsoft and switching back to Sony.

Likewise.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft got Xboned, and unfortunately they did it to themselves.

How did things go so horribly wrong? They lost the PS2 vs Xbox battle (although they put in a good effort) and then came back strong and destroyed the PS3 with the 360. You'd think they would learn from their success and Sony's failure, plus what's actually been going on in mobile gaming for the last 6 years, and put out something even better, more developer and gamer friendly, and at a good price point. $399 would have been a good price. Sony seems to have realized this.

Also... WTF with the name? I have a godamn Xbox 1 already. Call it the Xbox 720, or Xbox Infinity, or... considering Microsoft, I'd expect the Microsoft Xbox Game Player 8 Home Edition. But, Xbox One?? So... the Xbox 2 was the Xbox 360, and the Xbox 3 is the Xbox 1, and presumably the Xbox 4 will be the Xbox 2...?

But now, it's like MS and Sony have switched places. Sony seems to not be annoying anyone, and MS is coming out with the overpriced indie developer and gamer-unfriendly console. It's like greed has gotten the better of them, while Sony has been humbled.

Maybe Microsoft will turn this around. It's still possible. Could be that the PS4 you get for $399 is the low-end, and the real one that competes with the Xbone is their $499 version. Could be that MS changes their policies on used games and connectivity. Could be that they try harder to embrace indie developers and allows them to develop on their retail devices. Backwards compatibility... well, dont hold your breath. That''s not going to happen at this point.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@armiv2 said:

No. Not even with one of my childhood favorites being resurrected as an exclusive does the X-Box One have me on its side. It isn't a matter of fan-boyism here, the X-Box One was designed so completely far and out of focus from gamers.

And after what Sony did...Sony has their heads on right. They didn't mess up something as simple as sharing a game with your friends.

Loading Video...

OOooooh THAT BURN....

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably get Xbox one and PS4 for the exclusives and because it won't hurt my wallet at all to buy both. I don't have an opinion about the next gen consoles since I don't actually own one so I cant say anything bad about them the rumors don't mean shit to me since thing can change.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By Bruxae

Im hoping the xbox fail so bad they make halo for PS4 or PC, I want to play them but im never giving my money for that shitty console.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Sony curbstopmed Xbox and they looked like they did it with ease