Did anyone see Anthony Johnson vs Alexander Gustafsson

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dang, that was brutal, I totally had gus winning this fight but anthony is a monster, Gus will come back stronger and I am interested to see anthony vs Jon Jones.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, that was brutal, I totally had gus winning this fight but anthony is a monster, Gus will come back stronger and I am interested to see anthony vs Jon Jones.

I did. It was pretty brutal. I think the main problem was Gustafsson had Jones on his mind. All I kept hearing was him talking about how he wants to meet up with Jones again. He failed to realize he had a monster awaiting for him last Saturday.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

I did. It was pretty brutal. I think the main problem was Gustafsson had Jones on his mind. All I kept hearing was him talking about how he wants to meet up with Jones again. He failed to realize he had a monster awaiting for him last Saturday.

He did not look game that night, he once glancing back and fourth between the ref and johnson during the stare-down and he has never done that before. I think the pressure got to him, the two other swedes on the card lost and his teammate(phil davis) lost too. Not making excuses but the conditions were not in his favor. Oh well, he is always a few fights away from a title shot considering his fight with jones so it is not too big a set back.

Gus took the loss like a champ, very classy in defeat and johnson was humble the entire time. Overall it was a great show of sportsmanship.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew Johnson would win.... He truly could be a top five heavyweight if he wanted too, he's that powerful. Gus needs a different game plan next time.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

He did not look game that night, he once glancing back and fourth between the ref and johnson during the stare-down and he has never done that before. I think the pressure got to him, the two other swedes on the card lost and his teammate(phil davis) lost too. Not making excuses but the conditions were not in his favor. Oh well, he is always a few fights away from a title shot considering his fight with jones so it is not too big a set back.

Gus took the loss like a champ, very classy in defeat and johnson was humble the entire time. Overall it was a great show of sportsmanship.

It was a disappointing fight, but that's how those things go sometimes *shrugs*. I thought both Gus and Johnson were very classy afterwards too, which is always good to see (Looking at you Mcgregor!!!). I don't see Rumble dropping Jones tho.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

I knew Johnson would win.... He truly could be a top five heavyweight if he wanted too, he's that powerful. Gus needs a different game plan next time.

He had a good gameplan but the execution of that gameplan was bad, he needed to move better and hit johnson with more stiff jabs. The best gameplan for a guy like johnson is to wrestle him but that will not work because of his take down defense. I think he can be a top 5 HW also, very powerful but he is also quicker than the rest of the hw division.

Rumble has a good chance to beat anyone and I am hoping he can land on jon's chin because I have been waiting for someone to beat that coked up d*ck.......

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@shazam117 said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

It was a disappointing fight, but that's how those things go sometimes *shrugs*. I thought both Gus and Johnson were very classy afterwards too, which is always good to see (Looking at you Mcgregor!!!). I don't see Rumble dropping Jones tho.

I cannot wait to see conor get humbled, even if he beats aldo(which he will not) chad mendes would absolutely destroy him........

I hope rumble can drop jones, would be great but jon is sooooooo good. If anyone in that division can beat jon it is rumble. I hate how people are calling gus overrated, I think gustafssons movement is overrated but overall he is a very solid fighter and a great guy too. Gus vs cormier might happen so that would be interesting but I think it is more likely that they do not have gus and cormier fight, they need all they contenders they can get so that jon has an excuse to stay at LHW.......

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gus got caught and payed for it. He'll bounce back of course, but curious now to see how Anthony approaches his fight with Jones.