Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! The season comes to a stunning conclusion which leaves you asking; Where does the show go from here? Where does Deb go? What about Dexter? Hannah? Angel?

The Good

HANNAH IS ALIVE!!!!!! See when I saw the trailer for this episode I really had a feeling Hannah wouldn't survive the finale. Oh and is she great in this episode. She brings up extremely good points in a fantastic discussion with Deb. Speaking of which....Wow! Deb's story has just taken an amazing twist which I won't spoil. She has some amazing scenes in this episode her scene with Hannah, her scene with LaGuerta, oh and of course the final scenes.

Doakes. The flashbacks are amazing, showing Doakes as he begins to figure out about who Dexter really is. It was great to see him again and he delivers his famous line. Yep, that line that defined the character is heard again here. Angel is really becoming one of my favorite characters. Oh and I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of Quinn, they set up a story for him and I can now say the character finally has a bit of a purpose. I never liked his relationship with Deb, I found it to be very weird. Here he seems a bit more interesting than he's ever been.

This episode has so many great scenes. Which one takes the cake? The final scene. I won't spoil everything that goes down, but it mirrors the beginning of this season and the end of the last. It's brilliantly written, the acting, the emotion, and mirrors the first meeting between Dexter and Hannah.

The Bad.

Nothing.

Overall: 5/5

Amazing Episode.

#1 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it was pretty good. The flashbacks with Doakes were a nice touch and did a good job explaining his suspicions, I really liked them. LaGuerta screwed up big time though, she had the upper hand with the security footage but got too cocky in front of Deb...

The final twist was kinda predictable but still pretty damn shocking, can't wait to see the consequences in next season. I really hope Matthews will play a big role, the guy worked with LaGuerta during her investigation and he's pretty damn smart so he's bound to suspect something.

And with Hannah roaming free it looks like an interesting set up for the final season.

#2 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: I feel like if they did that last scene any different it wouldn't have been as good. SPOILERS LaGuerta talking to Deb before being shot, telling her that she's not a bad person. Then Deb running up and hugging the body, it was extremely sad. Yeah, I'm sure Mathews will show up next season. What did you think of the court room scene with Deb and Hannah? I thought it was perfect, Hannah was just awesome in this episode. I have a feeling she'll be heading to Argentina, possibly setting up a Dexter, Hannah reunion in the finale. I think they should just have Doakes flashbacks every episode, they were freaking awesome!

#3 Posted by longbowhunter (7044 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Doakes again reminded me why he was Dexter's best nemesis. Essentially he was the good guy, but so easy to hate. I loved this season. The best the show has been since Lithgow. Who knows what's next?

#4 Posted by WillPayton (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see more Doakes. Season 2 was the best season of Dexter because of the Dexter/Doakes friction and the real threat that Dexter was going to be caught. Also, one of the best seasons of any show ever. Every episode of season 2 was absolutely amazing and had me coming back for more.

#5 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ironhawk22 said:

@hectorsquall: I feel like if they did that last scene any different it wouldn't have been as good. SPOILERS LaGuerta talking to Deb before being shot, telling her that she's not a bad person. Then Deb running up and hugging the body, it was extremely sad. Yeah, I'm sure Mathews will show up next season. What did you think of the court room scene with Deb and Hannah? I thought it was perfect, Hannah was just awesome in this episode. I have a feeling she'll be heading to Argentina, possibly setting up a Dexter, Hannah reunion in the finale. I think they should just have Doakes flashbacks every episode, they were freaking awesome!

Agreed. And according to various interviews I saw on the net (like this one) the scene in which Deb ran to LaGuerta and hugged her wasn't even in the script! It was really a powerful moment and she did a freaking good job.

The court room scene was really interesting and a judicious foreshadowing IMO. Hannah's right, Deb really is an hypocrite (especially now that she killed LaGuerta) and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next!

PS: Doakes is always awesome, even in flashbacks. Dexter quoting him before killing Estrada really made my day.