Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS!

AAAAHHHH!!!!! Season Seven, you're seriously the craziest season yet! You introduced so many great characters and continue to get rid of them. At least in Hannah's case it's possible for her to return. This episode had me thinking she'd come back next season and be a regular. Silly me.

The Good.

The episode will have you on the edge of you're seat. So many crazy plot twists, I really dread the finale. This season has really had a feel similar to the earlier seasons. It's been naturally crazy. All of the plot developments have been natural for the characters. Hannah continues to be one of those characters where you never know what you're gonna get.

She unpredictable. You can never guess what she'll do next. Deb continues to have some great moments. This episode was just wonderfully done. While I hate the ending, it felt natural. It wasn't just a "OH SO SHOCKING" it was so well done. The scenes with LaGuerta are extremely conflicting. I like her character but I dislike what has been going on with her trying to bring down Dexter. She's in a sense become the new Doakes. Brilliant.

Quinn's storyline while the least exciting storyline, gets an ending. Sort of, maybe. It's an okay ending. I think the writers kind of realized it's been one of the weakest stories this season.

The Bad.

Like I said Hannah's been great. I was looking forward to a future between Dexter and Hannah. Oh and I saw the trailer for the finale and it sort of spoiled something or so it appeared. Oh and another thing. Deb thinks she's protecting Dexter, but by sending Hannah to prison now Hannah has reason to reveal what she knows about him. So really, that will only hurt Dexter more. Most likely,

Overall

Great episode. I had some issues with it but overall it was good.

3.5/5

#1 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really digging this season, which is good because the last two seasons were mediocre at best, and I really, really liked this episode. I'd rate the episode even higher, at least a 4, one of the best episodes of the season. I admit, I first HATED the idea of Hannah and groaned when Dexter didn't kill her, but she has grown on me throughout the season, she's like Lila without the crazy..or at least not THAT much crazy. I can't wait for the season finale!

#2 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, that was really a great episode and it kinda reminds me of all the tension and suspense in the first 2 seasons. LaGuerta is a character we love to hate but she's still relatable and pretty damn cunning. Gotta love how she trapped him!

Still, this whole situation with Deb is kinda fishy IMO. It's understandable that she wants to make Hannah pay for the murder of the other guy but she clearly didn't think about the consequences for Dex. And I got the feeling she might have drugged herself and set the whole thing up.

PS: The title of the next episode and the badass cameo in the trailer... PURE AWESOMENESS!!!

#3 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

Yep, that was really a great episode and it kinda reminds me of all the tension and suspense in the first 2 seasons. LaGuerta is a character we love to hate but she's still relatable and pretty damn cunning. Gotta love how she trapped him!

Still, this whole situation with Deb is kinda fishy IMO. It's understandable that she wants to make Hannah pay for the murder of the other guy but she clearly didn't think about the consequences for Dex. And I got the feeling she might have drugged herself and set the whole thing up.

PS: The title of the next episode and the badass cameo in the trailer... PURE AWESOMENESS!!!

I know! DOAKES!!!!! I'm wondering if it'll be a flashback, or something different. I still like LaGuerta but I'm not expecting her to make it out of this season alive. Yeah, I have a feeling Deb might have drugged herself too.

#4 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

I'm really digging this season, which is good because the last two seasons were mediocre at best, and I really, really liked this episode. I'd rate the episode even higher, at least a 4, one of the best episodes of the season. I admit, I first HATED the idea of Hannah and groaned when Dexter didn't kill her, but she has grown on me throughout the season, she's like Lila without the crazy..or at least not THAT much crazy. I can't wait for the season finale!

Yep! I preferred "Argentina", mostly due to that last scene. Yeah, originally I felt she was a bit too much like Lila, but still liked her...but now? She's become(along with Isaak one of my favorite characters on Dexter. I'd take her and Isaak over Quinn. Although with Isaak, I'm fine with what happened to him. Because it's really unlikely he would have been able to survive.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ironhawk22:  Didn't LaGuerta die in the first
book anyway? I'm thinking she's not  leaving this season alive.
#6 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ironhawk22: Totally agree with you about Hannah and Isaak. I haven't been this excited for Dexter in a long time but the guest stars for this season were really awesome, especially The Punisher Isaak Sirko!

Kinda s*cks though, whether it's a TV show or a comic book it's always my favorite characters who end up dying...

#7 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Ironhawk22: Didn't LaGuerta die in the first
book anyway? I'm thinking she's not leaving this season alive.

Yep, in her defense Rita and Doakes are still alive in the books I think. So anything can happen.@hectorsquall said:

@Ironhawk22: Totally agree with you about Hannah and Isaak. I haven't been this excited for Dexter in a long time but the guest stars for this season were really awesome, especially The Punisher Isaak Sirko!

Kinda s*cks though, whether it's a TV show or a comic book it's always my favorite characters who end up dying...

I know same here. Awesome gif! I really hope Hannah makes it out of this finale alive and hopefully free.

I'll try and review the finale soon...