k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Yesterday we heard some big news about an Assassin's Creed movie (what? you didn't hear Fassbender will be the lead?!), and today we're getting news about my favorite franchise: Deus Ex!

CBS Films says they're going to adapt the latest game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The producers say they'll work closely with Eidow-Montreal to make sure the film is done right.

Video game movies have a rather ugly history. Hopefully, this and Assassin's Creed will change that. What do you all think? Are you excited to see these franchises head to the big screen or do you have a bad feeling about this?

Source:Variety

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I could have sworn there were at least a handful of Deus Ex fans here. Oh well.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RoyalDivinity

I'll check it out.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

They'll screw it up. I'll still watch it. I don't care about the assassin's creed franchise

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

Still waiting for a great Video Game-to-Film adaptation. Closest thing to greatness was Prince of Persia which was good.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Inverno

@ssejllenrad said:

Still waiting for a great Video Game-to-Film adaptation. Closest thing to greatness was Prince of Persia which was good.

Honestly I think Prince of Persia was just okay. IMO the best video game movie adaptation by far was the first Mortal Kombat because it gave characterization to the cast that was previously non-existent and became standard to the franchise. Don't get me wrong I agree the second one is complete and utter crap.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

@CaioTrubat: MK was indeed good. I still call Robin Shou "Liu Kang" whenever he's being talked about with by friends and the likes.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

I prefer the CG films like Resident Evil: Degeneration and Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children to live-action films. They're as corny, but they don't stray far from the source material.