desecration of 7/7 memorial on eve of attacks

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

London based readers may have read of the memorial to the victims of the 7/7 bombings being defaced by graffiti apparently by Islamists with such choice phrases as "Blair Lied, Thousands Died" "4 Innocent Muslims" and my personal "favourite"- "MI5 did 7/7"!

Naturally, MI5 actually caused the 7/7 bombings , if only because Islamic fundamentalists(much like Irish Republicans), are so monumentally incompetent that they couldn't even organized a "piss up in a brewery!"

Precisely what the 52 men, women and presumably children(of all religions including Muslim presumably although no one has ever tabulated the victims by religious creed) had to do with Iraqi regime change or claims of Saddam's WMD, escapes me. Given the cries of faux outrage that followed the release of a third rate film mocking the Prophet Mohammed, allegedly "blasphemous" cartoons of same in Denmark several years ago and an obscure preacher's threat to publicly burn a Koran some years back, it seems odd to me that self styled Islamists would engage in such behaviour!

Even during the worst periods of the NI "Troubles", opposing sides usually left graves and memorials of their opponents alone( although after an IRA bomb attack on the Commandant General of the Royal Marines in October 1981, Marines reportedly entered a cemetery and smashed the headstones of recently buried IRA hunger strikers in Milltown Cemetery).

All I can do is feel a profound sense of disgust at such an inhumane act( defacing the 7/7 memorial not what the Marines did -at least they had cause for retaliation).

Anybody else think as I do?

Terry

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JakeN7

@paracelsus: How about you just mourn the dead instead of mudslinging in the Islamic folk's direction? Muslims make up nearly a quarter of the human population. They aren't all bad. I'm not even sure why you brought up the IRA either.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was critical of the hypocritical attitude of the desecraters of the memorial- not Muslims generically( one of my favourite newspaper columnists Yasmin Alibhai-Brown is Muslim)- who seem to fly into a tizzy when a third rate preacher such as Terry Jones or an obscure Danish newspaper allegedly "blasphemes" but somehow seem untroubled by upsetting the grieving families of the victims. I mrely cited the reported attack on IRA gravestones by Marines as an indication as to what can happen when common humanity-even in the extremity of war- is set aside!

Terry

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If life has taught me one thing, then it's "Karma's a B#7$H". So in retrospect, sit back and enjoy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paracelsus: No. Your entire 3rd paragraph is being critical of Muslims in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jaken7: You f*cking commie liberal. Mean to muslims? boo hoo. It's this kind of soft hearted sh*t that's killing this country.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JakeN7

@farkam: Pffft. Bwahaha!

I'll continue to NOT paint 1.6 billion people with the same brush. You do what you want. ^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I do think Islamic groups should make a collaborative effort to denounce acts like what you've described. This happens with other groups (religious or otherwise) when something horrific is done in their name by idiots and could potentially create a stronger backlash within their own communities when individuals talk about doing similar actions.

I hope that was done in England by well known Muslim clerics in reaction to the 7/7 memorial's desecration.