second that
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

LOL wut? That's forty minutes long and it's 2 AM. There's no way I'm watching the whole thing.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hawk
@The Dark Huntress: Didn't ask you too.......but it's a good video
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@TheBatman586
@mark5
@The Dark Huntress

What they said. Too long; will not watch. Short, preferably under four sentence summary, if you will.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hawk
@The Dark Huntress: It's kinda funny cause these reactions are kinda what the video is about.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Green Skin
@Hawk said:
Actually you did.  Why else would you make a thread about a video unless you wanted people to watch it.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hawk
@JediXMan said:
@TheBatman586
@mark5
@The Dark Huntress:  What they said. Too long; will not watch. Short, preferably under four sentence summary, if you will.
Short summary is ....... you're a pussy
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hawk
@Green Skin said:
@Hawk said:
Actually you did.  Why else would you make a thread about a video unless you wanted people to watch it.
no.....I posted a video for those who would like to watch it...... if you don't want to then don't
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By mark5
@Hawk said:
@JediXMan said:
@TheBatman586
@mark5
@The Dark Huntress:  What they said. Too long; will not watch. Short, preferably under four sentence summary, if you will.
Even if you're going into the army? 

-____-
riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By riri4life
@TheBatman586 said:

Clicks on thread 
Sees 37-minute-long video

Clicks the Back button on his Internet browser

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hawk

So basically, the video is a character assessment to see who and who will not watch the video?
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hawk
@mark5 said:
@Hawk said:
@JediXMan said:
@TheBatman586
@mark5
Even if you're going into the army?  -____-
There are pussies in the army. You will find that out very quickly.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_

You can't ever just play nice with the other kids, can you, Hawk? xP

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hawk
@JediXMan said:
@Hawk:   So basically, the video is a character assessment to see who and who will not watch the video?
No. 

@The Dark Huntress said:

You can't ever just play nice with the other kids, can you, Hawk? xP

You forget......I'm not a kid. lol
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mark5
@Hawk said:
@mark5 said:
@Hawk said:
@JediXMan said:
@TheBatman586
@mark5
Even if you're going into the army?  -____-
There are pussies in the army. You will find that out very quickly.
lol i suppose. I don't plan to be in that crew though. I'm watching the video btw. It's not bad. Mainly about America though as other countries in the world aren't like this.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hawk
@mark5: If you are going into the army....you'll most likely like this guy. A lot of gun and knife reviews and stuff. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hawk said:
@JediXMan said:
@Hawk:   So basically, the video is a character assessment to see who and who will not watch the video?
No. 
Alrighty, then...
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hawk

What would happen to you if the electricity went out in your city.....for say a month? 
What if it was 30 degrees outside? 

It's about mental toughness, being a man, building character.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hawk said:
What would happen to you if the electricity went out in your city.....for say a month?  What if it was 30 degrees outside?   It's about mental toughness, being a man, building character.
There. Was a summary so hard?

I'm starting to wonder if the length was intentional in order to test that mental toughness.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Aiden Cross

I'd move away for a month.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mercy_

@Aiden Cross said:

I'd move away for a month.

LOL

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hawk
@JediXMan said:
@Hawk said:
What would happen to you if the electricity went out in your city.....for say a month?  What if it was 30 degrees outside?   It's about mental toughness, being a man, building character.
There. Was a summary so hard?  I'm starting to wonder if the length was intentional in order to test that mental toughness.
Really the first 5 minutes is about all you need to watch.
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mark5

Lol his dad made him dig out his own pool. 
Damn...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm sorry but is the OP seriously gauging peoples manhood on whether or not they want to watch a Youtube video? My uncle is the manliest guy I know and he doesn't even know what the hell youtube is but the dude can toss fridges and hot water heaters on to the back of a truck one handed so I've never met anyone with the balls to question his manhood to his face

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mark5
@joshmightbe said:
I'm sorry but is the OP seriously gauging peoples manhood on whether or not they want to watch a Youtube video? 
Lol no thats not what he is doing. Just watch the first 5 minutes its really good.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By joshmightbe
@mark5: So its saying most of the kids today are pussies I could have told you that and it wouldn't have taken 37 minutes, in fact most of the guys I consider the most manly wouldn't talk for a half hour straight, Real men get to the damn point.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By InnerVenom123

"LOL IF UR NOT A MANLY MAN GTFO"

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mark5
@joshmightbe said:
@mark5: So its saying most of the kids today are pussies I could have told you that and it wouldn't have taken 37 minutes, in fact most of the guys I consider the most manly wouldn't talk for a half hour straight, Real men get to the damn point.
its not just that, he's talking about things he dad did to him and his experience and what people can do with their kids to toughen them and not pamper them.it also speaks of WHY he thinks society had become the way it is and the things he's seen that makes him think the way he does. 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshmightbe
@mark5: My dad taught me to be a man without ever having to spend a half hour explaining anything to me, its called discipline if you give your kids that they don't grow up to be pussies when I demanded things he said no, if I threw a tantrum he'd smack me upside the head because thats not acceptable behavior. If I whined that something was too hard for me he made me do it any way. Talking doesn't mean sh*t your actions are what matters
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mark5
@joshmightbe said:
@mark5: My dad taught me to be a man without ever having to spend a half hour explaining anything to me, its called discipline if you give your kids that they don't grow up to be pussies when I demanded things he said no, if I threw a tantrum he'd smack me upside the head because thats not acceptable behavior. If I whined that something was too hard for me he made me do it any way. Talking doesn't mean sh*t your actions are what matters
whoa why so vindictive? No one is accusing anyone of not being a real man. It's just a nice video to listen to. If you don't then its your cup of tea i guess...
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By joshmightbe
@mark5: I'm not being vindictive at all just saying in less than a paragraph what that video wasted 37 minutes trying to say
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mark5
@joshmightbe said:
@mark5: I'm not being vindictive at all just saying in less than a paragraph what that video wasted 37 minutes trying to say
did you watch the entire thing? No you didn't say in half a paragraph what the video was trying to say. there's a lot more in the video than that. 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By joshmightbe
@mark5: Maybe but I'm not gonna sit and listen to a guy talk too damn much for a half hour, 90% of the reason there are so many pussies in the world is because people always want to talk, talk,talk about every little thought that pops in their head this guy is part of the problem
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mark5
@joshmightbe said:
@mark5: Maybe but I'm not gonna sit and listen to a guy talk too damn much for a half hour, 90% of the reason there are so many pussies in the world is because people always want to talk, talk,talk about every little thought that pops in their head this guy is part of the problem
freedom of speech he's just addressing a problem, the causes and his proposed solutions.  
And no that's nowt what he means by that. He was talking of the entitlement-mentality where people think they deserve this or that and cry or complain if they don't. He says parent's should raise their child better to not be used to the "push-button" society.  
 Well i liked the video. 
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember my father telling my gabby sister "wise people speak when they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something." I wanted to bottle her tears and sell them to the highest bidder. The video was kind of long and took precious time out of doing manly things like crocheting and watching soaps.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joshmightbe
@mark5: I never said he didn't have the right to say what he was saying just that I don't need to hear it 
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CATPANEXE

Knowing I'm a pussy, I defaulted to pass on watching the video in order to reserve redundancy.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#40  Edited By SC  Moderator

Interesting guy, I appreciate his sentiment on family time and activities! Great. I do think he understates the difference between himself and those his criticism is aimed at. Its also great he points out why and how he fostered a sense of personal responsibility, self reliance, independence. What he views as toughness, could likewise be conveyed as responsibility. Assigning personal responsibility can vary. Some people do more worthwhile work, but at the cost of not learning how to be okay in the rugged wild. I don't consider though who are less stoic in this sense than me, weaker or "pussies". I can't perform heart surgery, I know some dependent on certain things people that can. What he considers hardship as well, what he considers the world (which he semi acknowledges sort of, but still, this is the world he is talking to) Almost two billion people don't have easy accessibility to electricity period. 

Also, and this is probably a cultural thing but pussy as an insult? Still? His whole theme to me, seems as if he draws a sense of self confidence and self worth by considering himself tough and strong and special relative to everyone else. He drew lucky by having good/awesome parents. Possibly better at instilling certain qualities to him than most parents. Yet those same qualities can be learned and gathered by education, understanding of those out self ones circle, and awareness. Thats mental toughness, being able to understand and be aware of people who are in pain. Peoples own individual sense of mental durability pretty much keeps itself in check. People can go though tough times, they grow, and gain defenses, and coping mechanisms.  

All in all I can't disagree with most of his individual points and sentiment. As far as societal issues and the lines drawn that define people. He seems quite narrow. Not a bad thing. He just seems a bit defensive/ego appeasing in a sense. (or again, it might be a semantics thing - i find his use of certain words ill used) plus hey, he could/should have criticized the nature of push button society thats driven by pleasure and entertainment as opposed to education and awareness. Decent education as well. Objective news sources. Push button culture is western culture at the same time too. Anyway, I question his true mental toughness, as opposed to his perceived mental toughness, possibly fostered by comparing himself to the general majority.  

Interesting cool guy though, I'd have a drink with him at the bar to discuss these things in more detail. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By castleking

you know i had a thread locked b/c i used the world sissified in my OP and yet you used the word Depussification and the thread remains open.
The reason being that a certain mod took offensive to the term which my assumption had to do with sexual orientation. Either way shouldnt this thread be locked on the same grounds?

I like a Mod to look into this preferably the one responsible for closing my thread.

Edit: 

A certain Staffer also closed a thread due the negativity sounding topic.   =/

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hawk
@castleking: That's how it goes sometimes.......
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By castleking

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of the people on this site is all.. >=)

i actually watched your video and found it interesting. i agree that we on average have forgotten many simple survival training and have become pampered to the point that if we were to lose power for weeks or months it would be detrimental and result of loss of life. 

It is a shame that we feel we are entitled to the comforts that modern life provides for us.  I just want to point out that i am not one of the soft americans. i have guns, swords, canned foods and by cultural background can do many of the basic things our forefathers have done plus i was also  military and have lived in the desert and bn exposed to the harshness of nature extreme cold and heat.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#44  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

men men men men manly men...