#1 Edited by CF12793 (2880 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people cry at movies, or are moved by Art, but for me, music has always been able to move me, and certain songs are capable of leaving me in tears.

What are some of your favorite sad songs? Or songs that can make you cry, or at the very least, be on the verge of crying?

I have a few: (quite a few, actually. But I won't list them all.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQpRgxyyqo In My Life - The Beatles: This is incredibly depressing for me for very personal, very specific reasons that I won't discuss due to being both long and probably uninteresting to all of you. The song can make me cry pretty much as soon as it starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh510D9a_g8 My Mom - Chocolate Genius: While I'm not quite sure how I discovered this song, it's been a staple of my iTunes collection for a while now. The lyrics are about a man who is visiting his mother, who has been diagnosed with Alzeimers. You gotta hear it to really know just how sad it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEHTTFOwsDs Yesterday - Atmosphere: While this isn't particularly a sad song, it makes me pretty depressed. But once again, for incredibly long, personal reasons that you guys probably wouldn't care much about

#2 Posted by Joygirl (18168 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything by Portishead.

They are awesome.

#5 Posted by russellmania77 (14433 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like dying by lil wayne.

#6 Posted by HumanRocket (7101 posts) - - Show Bio

Wake me up when September ends green day

#7 Edited by Xwraith (14682 posts) - - Show Bio

Dropkick Murphys' version of "The Green Fields of France."

#8 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Edited by KingOfAsh (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

Look up the inspiration for the song...

#11 Posted by judasnixon (6103 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Edited by longbowhunter (6632 posts) - - Show Bio

Weeping Song - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Cry For Help In A World Gone Mad - Agent Orange

Splendid Isolation - Warren Zevon

Alone & Forsaken - Hank Williams

Bad Houses - Big Black

#13 Edited by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by CF12793 (2880 posts) - - Show Bio

a couple more from me :

dunno if it's just the melody of this song or the lyrics, but this song makes me quite sad. Even though I don't listen to much rap

Great song and it makes me very emotional whenever I play it

Not the biggest Coldplay fan but I always thought this song was one of the most heartfelt songs I've listened to

#15 Posted by nobodyisemo (260 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Edited by nobodyisemo (260 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by sabracadabra (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't care for the song orthe band, but i would say Everybody Hurts, from REM, is quite possibly the most depressing song iveever heard.

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (8730 posts) - - Show Bio

I had Sex, by Lonely Island, because Ive never had it. Oh and this song

Made me sad for the longest time, but then I read that it was about the drummers dad dying and although my parents arent dead I do miss them cus they live in Mexico.

#21 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (5875 posts) - - Show Bio

the song is amazingly dark and haunting, so listen to the lyrics... it tells a crazy story

#22 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the saddest songs I've ever heard