Delphic’s Guide to The Authentic Man

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

Edited By Delphic

Note to CV Users: Before I became Delphic I was someone else entirely. Though I retain much of my former self there were qualities about myself that I did not even like, and I’m sure if the world knew them they would not as well, so to symbolize my changed life I discarded my former online Identity and took on the name Delphic. During the earliest hours of the rebirth of my online persona there was one blog that contributed deeply to the stance I would take regarding the treatment of women. This blog is no longer available to the public, but it was insulting and degrading to women and men everywhere, so it is a service that is no longer available to spread an influence. I took a huge stance against it and wanted to write a counter blog, and my only regret is that I've waited so long to do it, but I suppose now is better than never.

For several years throughout my life I have questioned what it means to be an authentic man. Within the past year I have made several discoveries through personal experiences and research on topics ranging from the basic behavior of a human being to a woman’s love for her husband. I now believe I have an idea of what it means to be an authentic man, and I will attempt to share my view on it. I am also hoping that others might learn from what I have to say, and that it might influence others to make much needed changes to their lives.

The Makings of the Authentic Man
The Makings of the Authentic Man

The authentic man is a male who has taken on the responsibility of ruling his own person. He does this in such a way that he is able to interact with society on equal levels of intelligence and social understanding. He does this by learning how to: conduct himself, interact with his fellow man, interact with women, interact with a romantic partner, and how to interact with children.

The Fellowship of Man
The Fellowship of Man

The first key to the equation of the authentic man is to know what it truly means to be a man. When a boy is born he is shaped by the world around him into the man that he becomes. Reaching physical adulthood though is not the same as being a man, nor is it a simple question of morality. Overall the authentic man is responsible for his own being, and he accepts the consequences for how he rules his own body. He does not boast or brag his success, but he does make it known on what ground he stands through his actions. He does not attempt to rule the world around him, nor does he let others attempt to rule over him. In the end, what separates the boy from the man is a sense of responsibility not only to himself, but the world around him as well.The authentic man can communicate with others and form strong friendships, and it is almost imperative that he do this. His main reason for seeking out friendships is so that he might have some form of counseling. This counseling by his friends helps him to grow through teaching, but at the same time through challenge and friends can serve as a means of keeping his skills sharp. The main important aspect of having friends of a similar mind though is the well-known fact that there is strength in numbers. When a man seeks out friendships with likeminded individuals he is not easily broken by those who might oppose him.

Understanding The Woman
Understanding The Woman

One of the most confusing things due to much debate is how a man should interact with the opposite gender. The first step on learning how a man should and can interact appropriately with a woman is by first understanding women in their entirety. Despite a few differences in behavior, a woman is the same as a man in that she requires the same basic physical, mental and emotional needs. A man should realize and accept that a woman will carry herself in a manner that is appealing to her own person even if the only appeal to her is her own survival. Like a man, a woman also desires power for herself, but she often tends to seek that power in different methods than a man would.

Interacting with Woman
Interacting with Woman

Since man and woman are so similar then it is only logical to realize that a woman desires to be treated as an equal on levels of intelligence and social standing, and in that sense it would be proper for a man to hear her words when spoken and not simply dismiss them because she is a woman, though it is still his decision to weigh their worth to him. It is not imperative that a man be courteous to a woman, but it is essential that boundaries be set between him and every woman he meets. It is ultimately his decision on where he places those boundaries, but caution should be exercised because the authentic man does not attempt to rule over others, and should his boundaries come into conflict with a woman’s boundaries it can create unnecessary friction between the man, woman, and – more often than not — others in the world around them. The key is to remember that a woman wants to be treated as a man’s equal, not a slave, trophy, or even a “damsel in distress”.

The Romance
The Romance

Sometimes in life the man will fall in love, and it is once again imperative the nature of the authentic male that he know how to interact with his romantic partner. In the relationship it is important for the man to treat his partner as his equal in such a manner that his partner’s opinions should have more sway over the man’s decision than any other. The romantic partner is meant to be the man’s second hand, so that he can trust his partner with matter’s that he could no other. In order to reach this level of intimacy the man most love his partner unconditionally in the sense the he would never betray his partner with infidelity of any nature, and that he would protect his partner’s vulnerabilities with the upmost dedication.

Appeals to a Child
Appeals to a Child

More often than not a romantic union often results in the production of offspring and there is such a manner in which the authentic man conducts himself in regarding to children. To a young boy, the man is an example and a role model of what will one day be expected of him. To a young girl, a man should represent strength and compassion and a clear example to her of what it means to be a man. The relationship between a man and his offspring is far more specific in that he is not only an example, but he is also their protector and place of refuge while they are young, and when his children get older he serves as a form of council to them as they seek out their own path in life.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Gandhi
Gandhi

As I bring this guide to a close, I have to say that I am not so naïve to think that any of this is breaking news or that it will have any profound effect on the lives of anyone who read it. I felt it was important though that an example should be set for a man who doesn’t try to dominate the world, but instead calls the world to him so that something much greater can be built. If anything should be taken from this guide today it’s that there are good men in the world who have set strong examples of what the authentic man is, and they achieved a sense of greatness without having to dominate the world around them. So I ask everyone to take a second to remember those authentic men. The authentic man you might know may be your father, husband, or brother, but it is important that we let the world know about: how they live their lives, why how they live their lives is so important, and what the entire world can learn from these authentic men.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gravitypress

It is nice to have goals to aspire to. I hope you meet them all.