why or why not

please dont say because god says its wrong give real reasons

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow! Really? This is still a debatable issue?!?!?!?

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad i think they should but i got assigned to put both sides of the argument i came here to see peoples opinions

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah. It's America. Land of the FREE.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yup.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tasir:
Arguments for same-sex marriage: Equality of rights and elimination of discrimination. It all boils down to that.

Arguments against same-sex marriage: Aside from the usual morality issue, some people insist it is against nature as species survive with reproduction as the primary factor, and so homosexuality is against that flow of survival of species...

It should be noted, though, that these arguments neglect the fact that there are homosexuals in other species. Still, some say that the homosexuality in other species are still considered anomalies of nature. Now I can't really elaborate on the arguments for same-sex cause that ain't really my side.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course they should... there is nothing legal that can kick against Same Sex Marriage... it's essentially two adults consenting to come together in contract... the only thing that kicks against Same Sex Marriage is Religious Beliefs.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If straight couples can do it, gay couples can as well in my opinion. Anyone who doesn't recognize same-sex marriage is probably not going to come out with their views, however, on a forum that seems to be mostly liberal. The internet is not a place for debate, it always ends with a) somebody getting hacked or b) someone bringing up Hitler's Third Reich. Godwin's Law.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tasir

what about adoption

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chronus

Of course they should. There is no reason as to why they shouldn't. Individuals who argue against same-sex marriage are sickening trash that are nothing but a hindrance to the prosperity and advancement of the world.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course they should... there is nothing legal that can kick against Same Sex Marriage... it's essentially two adults consenting to come together in contract... the only thing that kicks against Same Sex Marriage is Religious Beliefs.

Singular/Plural anomaly in your last sentence... Wrong grammar. Your argument is therefore invalid.... Nyahahahaha! Xp

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn said:

Singular/Plural anomaly in your last sentence... Wrong grammar. Your argument is therefore invalid.... Nyahahahaha! Xp

heh heh

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

yes.......that was easy

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uh oh... im outta here

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By judasnixon

I see nothing wrong with this picture.......

No Caption Provided
tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad You incorrectly capitalized the "W" in wrong, It should not capital it is supposed to be lowercase. Your invalidation of @king_saturn's argument is hereby invalidated. Good day to you sir.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, because it is a civil right.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tasir said:

@ssejllenrad You incorrectly capitalized the "W" in wrong, It should not capital it is supposed to be lowercase. Your invalidation of @king_saturn's argument is hereby invalidated. Good day to you sir.

Why do I always burn myself???????

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tasir said:

what about adoption

Da fuq?

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the real question is : How long before Same Sex Marriage is allowed in the Bible Belt of America ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully soon so this thread can end

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

NO THEY SHOULDN'T!!!!

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crom-Cruach

If same sex couple want the right to get married and be miserable like everybody else. I say, no problem.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deaditegonzo

"I look at this as a legal issue, not a biblical one. From a biblical standpoint, the issue is already settled and is hardly worth debating.

From a legal standpoint though, I see three important factors:

1) Marriage isnt an inalienable right, and is not a constitutionally guaranteed right. An amendment was added I believe (during the civil rights movement), but I am having trouble finding which one specifically and I will not pretend I know every article and every amendment by heart. As such, the burden is on those who believe it SHOULD be a right, as it is one that has not traditionally existed.

2) We are very hypocritical with things like marriage. For example, polyamory is illegal, even though everyone involved could be consenting adults. And the age of consent is so arbitrary that it varies per state. Why should a 16 year old in Colorado be allowed to consent to marriage, whereas you have to be 17 in NM? Which, brings up the point if there is not a federal age of consent, why does there need to be federal marriage laws at all, cant the state regulate such matters?

3) Which leads to my final point, why should the people's will on the issue be overruled? WHY? It has been said that the government that can give you anything could also take everything. Also, if the majority is unsuitable to rule, as they are untrustworthy, why then should the oligarchy that is our federal government be allowed to rule? As Jefferson said, "Are they angels in the forms of Kings?" (paraphrased)? I understand the fear of mob rule, which has been compared to three wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner, but is the federal government deciding for everyone not like three wolves, a sheep, and Tyrannosaurus Rex voting on whats for dinner? After all, the POTUS has 100% authority over the military, give him the ability choose peoples rights and he is nothing less than a king. And because of cronyism, and the two party system, the president has control over congress as well, so checks and balances are an illusion. Let each individual state decide, in all things, then at least the people are responsible for their good/bad predicaments.

Our government basically gets to decide everything for everyone, and that is called a dictatorship. It is the job of the media to educate the people and change hearts and minds, so we can rule ourselves, but in an educated fashion. If you are pro gay marriage, dont ask the government to overrule the will of the people, educate the people, protest, WORK FOR IT, and someday, you may end up in a state, that by majority vote, NOT GOVERNMENT DICTATION, legalizes it. Several states already have."

-Copied from a friends page, this is how I see it. Almost all issues should come down to the states.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started reading, but I got bored

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tasir said:

@monsterstomp should same sex couples be allowed to adopt

I think they have just as much right as anyone else.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then again, deaditegonzo raises some good points.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tasir

anybody think no

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dabee said:

If straight couples can do it, gay couples can as well in my opinion. Anyone who doesn't recognize same-sex marriage is probably not going to come out with their views, however, on a forum that seems to be mostly liberal. The internet is not a place for debate, it always ends with a) somebody getting hacked or b) someone bringing up Hitler's Third Reich. Godwin's Law.

Must be new to comic vine. There have been threads like this in the past and people have stated they are against it/don't agree with it.And in those threads debates do ensue.Many debates go on here all the time.

Regarding the subject at hand of course they should be able to adopt and marry.Whilst I don't like marriage whilst it is an available option it should be available to everyone regardless of sexuality.

There have been threads about this before so it may get locked.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

sure,why not

honestly it doesn't effect me so i don't really feel that strong about it

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#33 vance_astro  Moderator

As long as they are people. You don't get to marry your dog or objects now because gay people are getting married. This isn't a slippery slope.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some dude married his reincarnated wife in a doll.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tasir
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@tasir said:

@vance_astro someone married the Eiffel Tower

I don't know if that's true but that's France. I'm American.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

It boggles my mind that it's even a debate, I have yet to hear ONE good reason why gay/lesbians shouldn't marry or have kids. (and no, I don't consider "because God says it's wrong" or "it goes against the survival of the species" as good reasons)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

It boggles my mind that it's even a debate, I have yet to hear ONE good reason why gay/lesbians shouldn't marry or have kids. (and no, I don't consider "because God says it's wrong" or "it goes against the survival of the species" as good reasons)

Totally agree. I find it so ridiculous how certain people care so much about someone's sexual orientation that they're willing to bash against it. Personally, I think everyone should have the right to get married. I don't consider myself just a supporter of gay rights but I support love as well. The heart cannot see gender nor color of a person's skin. I find love such a beautiful thing and find it such a shame that there are people who try to prevent someone from being happy with their significant other.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 vance_astro  Moderator

@tasir said:

@vance_astro shes american

Well we can't "legally" marry inanimate objects in this country so although she may say she's "married" because she has a ceremony, she's not.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As long as they are people. You don't get to marry your dog or objects now because gay people are getting married. This isn't a slippery slope.

It does amuse me slightly when I hear people using that as an argument for being against it.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman ive heard some pretty ridiculous arguments ex. it'll get contagious and everyone will turn gay or its not natural

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vance_astro  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

The God one is used for abortion too, but the thing is we are SUPPOSED to have a separation of church & state and therefore we shouldn't be making decisions based on religion. Also Abortion is completely legal despite complaints but two people aren't allowed to get married because they happen to be the same gender? Doesn't make sense.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Killemall

why is this even being discussed, if a guy wants to marry a guy (or girl to girl) its up to the couples to decide, who are we really to say anything.

Its their life, their choice.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tasir

@vance_astro sadly religion is in everything especially state and country just look at our motto our pledge everything

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vance_astro  Moderator

@tasir said:

@vance_astro sadly religion is in everything especially state and country just look at our motto our pledge everything

Yea, this is totally true. We put alot of emphasis on god in this country.

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tasir

@killemall i made this topic because i have three days to get argument for both sides or i fail the class

tasir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tasir

@vance_astro if we didnt have a religious based world i think we'd have world peace

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@mrdecepticonleader: @vance_astro: I always agree with you two with what you have to say. Such a shame technology has advanced so much and will only continue to do so yet gay marriage is still such an iffy subject for certain people.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: 150 years ago it was ok to literally own a person. And a fairly large portion of the country agreed with that. We saw what happened when states "disagreed" with the federal decision. Had that decision been left to each state, we'd possibly reside in a very different nation. When it comes to health, wellbeing, and/or equality for citizens, I am reasonably ok with federal mandate.

Personally, I don't think gay marriage should've been illegal in the first place. Over 50% of the general population agrees with same sex marriage legality so its not like a federal rule would really be against the will of the people. Nicely written excerpt btw