Debate on Team titles and solo titles

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

This is a debate on if solo comics are better like Spider-man, Batman, etc. or Team comics are better like X-men, Justice League of America, etc. 

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#1  Edited By Liberty

First.  I have to say solo books tend to be better.  They usually have other characters as well but have a deep focus on the main character. 

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Leliel

The Rocky theme is playing while you guys are talking that amazing! And I would say that a bit of the writer fault and a good example of change of characters is Exiles were many character got a different views on them. I particular don't solo titles because its very empty

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By EdwardWindsor

My view is basicly this. Teams show dynamics and have the extra charecetrs which can allow for more eleborate set peices and storylines which is good. But solo arcs can get to the core of the character and can explian and show in much more depth how somebody is. It a good thing that we have the choice and can mix them up really. In summary i preety much agree with you guys thou.

Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Aspenite

I think that it´s harder to write a team book because there you have to portray many characters instead of only one. So it´s up to the writer to make something out of it! On my pull-list there are team books as well as solo books and I must say that e.g. I like Spider-Man and Iron Man better in their solo books but I like Wolverine better in the X-titles.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By NightFang3

I like both solo and team books but I think team books are more about building a family of heroes. 

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@NightFang said:
"I like both solo and team books but I think team books are more about building a family of heroes.  "
MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By MichaeltheFly

It depends a lot on the people working on the book, the writer and the artist for a comics to attract my attention, the team or single book doesn't interest me that much when I pick a comics, but the subject that the comic is presenting is probably the most important thing. Example, after the Annihilation story arc I started to like more and more Marvel cosmic, so when Nova and the Guardians of the Galaxy appeared I decided to go with both since they both presented the same things, cosmic stories but in a different manner. The characters involved also have a big role in me picking a comics, for instance I like to read cosmic stuff, but I don't like to read Superman stuff, in the end my decision to pick up a single or a team comic comes down to what characters and people are involved.