Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Death Note by far 

-Better ongoing plot 

-The main anti hero was a TRUE genius and didn't rely on plot devices like his counterpart Lelouch 

-Less lame "anime freak out" and fan service moments 

-More serious, realistic feel to it 

-Better Pacing 

-And just plain more interesting.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

Haven't seen Code Geass but Death Note was amazing until L died. The second he died the show went down hill and sucked.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Haven't seen Code Geass but Death Note was amazing until L died. The second he died the show went down hill and sucked.

This.

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mfundo

I've only ever watched Death Note but it was seriously good.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I didn't mind L dying.

I liked Mello and Near.

=P

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Adnan

I dislike the human character designs in Code Geass, but I love me some giant robots/mecha. So Code Geass for me.

I still enjoyed Death Note after L died, to be honest. I did feel it took a slight drop in quality, but I don't think it "sucked" like a lot of people say.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Death Note becauser easons

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@InnerVenom123 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I didn't mind L dying.

I liked Mello and Near.

=P

OMG, SPOILERS  

=P 

LIGHT SHOULD HAVE WON, BECAUSE I-er- HE IS AWESOME. 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The manga version of his death is even worse than the anime.

Even Mikami calls him scum.

Then he begs Ryuk to kill everyone and Ryuk's all

"LOL NO".

Anyway, I used to love Light consistently, but I re-watched Death Note and he really just lost his sh*t around before L dying.

The post L looks into ordinary life, where everyone is constantly terrified, don't help either.

Still love him, but I'm not entirely on his side all the way.

His biggest mistake was being arrogant and getting L involved in the first place by killing Lind L. Taylor.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

"LOL NO".

Anyway, I used to love Light consistently, but I re-watched Death Note and he really just lost his sh*t around before L dying.

The post L looks into ordinary life, where everyone is constantly terrified, don't help either.

His biggest mistake was being arrogant and getting L involved in the first place by killing Lind L. Taylor.

It kind of annoyed me how Light went bonkers, it was totally out of character. He was a noble and a bored soul in the beginning, his descent into total megalomania and psychosis happened pretty abruptly. I think that the author just wanted the audience to know that Light was the villain. It started out as anti-hero vs hero, but then Light was made to definitively be the villain soon after that. It's even more obvious in the movies where he has his long-time girlfriend killed. 
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ms__omega

Death Note by far the character design in Code bugs me. Oh and Death None has Misa :)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

"LOL NO".

It kind of annoyed me how Light went bonkers, it was totally out of character. He was a noble and a bored soul in the beginning, his descent into total megalomania and psychosis happened pretty abruptly. I think that the author just wanted the audience to know that Light was the villain. It started out as anti-hero vs hero, but then Light was made to definitively be the villain soon after that. It's even more obvious in the movies where he has his long-time girlfriend killed.

I didn't think it was abrupt.

I thought it clearly progressed since the beginning. Starting with Raye Penber's death.

Then he kills Naomi Misora, and it's gotten worse.

And by the time he's killed L, he's lost it.

After L, all the "KIRA IS GOD" stuff on TV and the internet clearly didn't help. Years passed, and by the end, he's lost.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mekboy

Code Geass for sure.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spartan92

@ssejllenrad said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

This.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enemybird

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

"LOL NO".

I thought it clearly progressed since the beginning. Starting with Raye Penber's death.

After L, all the "KIRA IS GOD" stuff on TV and the internet clearly didn't help. Years passed, and by the end, he's lost.

I liked the anime ending better than the manga...specifically the Japanese version. I didn't like ryuk's or light's English voice. L's wasn't bad but his translations were a bit off at important moments.

I also want to note that Light God complex started way before Penber, in fact it started as soon as he found out the death note was real...There is proof of that when he met Ryuk and had that initial conversation.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Code if you want to enjoy an anime and Death note for depression.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kidchipotle

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

"LOL NO".

Really great conversation and I would totally butt in on this but the fact Venom said he liked M and N made me wanna vomit all over.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Explain to me why you hate Mello and Near, please.

I really am interested.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Enemybird said:

I also want to note that Light God complex started way before Penber, in fact it started as soon as he found out the death note was real...There is proof of that when he met Ryuk and had that initial conversation.

You're right, I forgot about that.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kidchipotle

@InnerVenom123: Honestly, I haven't seen DN in so long, I can't be specific. I just didn't like either of their characters or how they were written. M was the worst because he was so different. N was almost exactly like L but just annoyed me. I may have to revisit some scenes to give a more detailed hate explanation lol.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Go watch it again so I can see why. :P

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

First, this 

I still enjoyed Death Note after L died, to be honest. I did feel it took a slight drop in quality, but I don't think it "sucked" like a lot of people say.

I'm a big Death Note Fanboy, really it's one of the few anime that I will justly and adamantly defend, I agree the quality of the show decreased after L's death, but it was far from being horrible, people just say that because "everyone says that" and they jump on the bandwagon. 

@FadeToBlackBolt:  

@InnerVenom123  said: 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

"LOL NO".

I think Light's development was brilliant, he starts off as a normal teen with a strong sense of justice, but once getting the Death Note, it starts to corrupt him (power tends to do that and all) and each episode you can slowly see his descent into madness. He becomes a sociopath over time and soon only cares about his goals and plan, sacrificing all to achieve them. His "going mad" at the end was bound to happen, everything he had faced up to that time, L, Mello, Near, the task force was building up on his psyche and finally, seeing no way out of it, and no means of escape, it finally came to a head and he lost it, showing the "True Kira"  It didn't happen abruptly, but slowly over time.