Death Battle?

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They seem to me to do all the correct research (more than anyone on this site would or could do in the time these forums last), and come to the logical conclusion. However they are still not considered a reputable source in the battle forums.. any thoughts.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Hayden86

@dewin50: i have not seen that gif before lol

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable:
If you want to see actual debating with thought, check out some CaVs between reputable Viners. Random forums on any site are usually... not a good place to judge, to say the least.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ This.

I wish OP would have replied. 1st...rats

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable: Meh, their battles pale in comparison to some of the CAV's we have here.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable: using calculations is a slippery slope. goku vs superman proved that.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well..I usually agree with most of their outcomes. Fulgore over Sektor, Superman over Goku, Thor over Raiden, and Spawn over Kratos but they lost me once they had Deadpool beating Deathstroke. The fact that Deadpool's "immortal" made me question the whole point of them making that video. That'd take credibility away imo if you're making a "death battle" yet have someone who is incapable of dying.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Patera_All

They had Rogue beating Wonder Woman, and Link beating Cloud Strife. Need I go on?

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They had Rogue beating Wonder Woman, and Link beating Cloud Strife. Need I go on?

Yes please... Tell me more about your rage.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marshall_Long

@rouflex said:

@patera_all said:

Yeah those were messed up fights, but Death Battle is all about entertainment, shouldn't take it to seriously.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rouflex said:

@patera_all said:

Yeah those were messed up fights, but Death Battle is all about entertainment, shouldn't take it to seriously.

Death battle is all about making peeps rage. Just watch Kirby Vs Buu, the level of trollness is over 9 000 (Like for real). End of story.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, don't tell me. Your a DBZ fan who was sad Buu got his ass kicked by Kirby, right?

Man, dbz fans are soo easy to troll.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: Won't lie Buu did get trolled hard lol, without the Warp Star Kirby shouldn't even be able to tag Buu.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ximpossibrux

@rd189 said:

Wait, don't tell me. Your a DBZ fan who was sad Buu got his ass kicked by Kirby, right?

Man, dbz fans are soo easy to troll.

"Lol DBZ fanboys so mad xDDD"

The Death Battle audience is so much cancer, bunch of 13 year olds spouting out ad hominem's instead of addressing actual mistakes.

Like Death Battle said Kid Buu teleportation has limits, when it clearly doesn't and they made it up.

Point out a mistake and you're labeled as salty, disagree with an outcome and you're a fanboy.

Literally garbage.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just that they don't always do the research they actually needed to decide, or their bias gets in the way.

Couple of outcomes I disagree with off the top of my head:

Kirby Vs Buu: I personally think that they low-balled Buu pretty bad. Not saying Kirby couldn't stand up to some DBZ characters, but Buu is out of his weight class

Batman Vs Cap: I'm personally Team Cap, but it's so close I can't really hold it against them

Goku Vs Superman: I don't care who won, they didn't have enough guidelines for which supes feats they were using, and their calcs for goku were meh.

Zelda Vs Peach: Peach wins because of kicking a soccer ball in a spin-off game? Meanwhile Zelda weilds one of the most powerful weapons in the verse, is backed by the triforce, and hangs with Gannon in fights? Yea, BS

Luke Vs Harry: This one has got to be a joke. Seriously.

Rogue Vs WW: Last I checked, WW would blitz hardcore

Boba Fett Vs Samus: Both were lowballed SO hardcore, but it was their first episode...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DB is right. Only fanboys (especially the DBZ fanboys) get so butthurt over the results lol. Only reason why Peach beat Zelda and Rogue beat Wonder Woman was because they use non canon feats. It's even in the rules: if one character gets non canon feats so does the other.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000: Death battle reflects the opinions and research of a couple guys. They aren't always right, and they aren't always wrong. Just like good debaters here aren't always right and aren't always wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdrummer: Never said they were right every time. Agreed with your statement tho.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By russellmania77

They just wanted more attention by having another dbZ character lose

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

Honestly, I usually agree with them, the only one I disagree with is Wonder Woman vs Rogue. But everything else is on point, and yes, Superman would be Goku, no matter how mad DBZ fans get.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke would totally beat Harry. That's one I agree with wholeheartedly.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its just that they don't always do the research they actually needed to decide, or their bias gets in the way.

Couple of outcomes I disagree with off the top of my head:

Kirby Vs Buu: I personally think that they low-balled Buu pretty bad. Not saying Kirby couldn't stand up to some DBZ characters, but Buu is out of his weight class

Batman Vs Cap: I'm personally Team Cap, but it's so close I can't really hold it against them

Goku Vs Superman: I don't care who won, they didn't have enough guidelines for which supes feats they were using, and their calcs for goku were meh.

Zelda Vs Peach: Peach wins because of kicking a soccer ball in a spin-off game? Meanwhile Zelda weilds one of the most powerful weapons in the verse, is backed by the triforce, and hangs with Gannon in fights? Yea, BS

Luke Vs Harry: This one has got to be a joke. Seriously.

Rogue Vs WW: Last I checked, WW would blitz hardcore

Boba Fett Vs Samus: Both were lowballed SO hardcore, but it was their first episode...

I'm sorry, you're saying Harry would beat Luke? I don't debate but that's something I'm willing to argue.

Honestly, I usually agree with them, the only one I disagree with is Wonder Woman vs Rogue. But everything else is on point, and yes, Superman would be Goku, no matter how mad DBZ fans get.

This. There's one or 2 more I disagree with but basically this.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordmasterd: For Luke vs harry, it's got to be a joke that

A) they are anything close to a match

B) Luke is that weak

C) Harry is that strong

Imo, it's like putting Aragorn vs Zoro. Different tiers completely, they shouldn't be matched the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I rarely watch them, and I honestly could care less about them.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

@kyrees: @gambit474: @marshall_long: @leo-343: @superdrummer: @xlab3000: @superdrummer: @the_stegman: It comes down to this: do any of you HONESTLY think you did the amount of research they did.. HONESTLY!!!! You all say "I don't agree with----" but give NO FRACKING REASON!!! They checked all the facts the possibly could!!!! They tend to do that!!!!! BECAUSE THEY WANT THERE FRACKING UPLOADS TO BE ACCURATE!!!!! Or did you all think they want to have missed information so crazy fanboys could rage.... Do you think they enjoy that?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!?

I'm not saying using them as a source should be the end all be all of the battle forums, but they did FAR more fact finding then 99.999999999999% of the debaters. So their input should count for SOMETHING!

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kyrees

@dr_deplorable: the amount of research they did is useless if they are going to mess up with interpretation and as much as their interpretation are concerned, it's mostly miss but then again that's my opinion, an opinion that can be come upon on if i did the same thing they did.

would i go great lengths to disprove their claims ? no, because that would be a.) too annoying for me and b.) they are entitled to their opinion. i view their battles as entertainment, not a be all ender argument for matchups because there is no such things as "all ender argument for such matchups" because of differences of opinions.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

@kyrees said:

an opinion that can be come upon on if i did the same thing they did.

Precisely my point. One cannot say their interpretation/ outcome is wrong until you have done the level of research they have. Until then your POV is flawed when compared to theirs.

My point in the simplest of terms... has been looked over. I just subscribe to the notion that if the topic is Robocop Vs Terminator Citing their episode should be an acceptable action. However its not, most just will say something like "that doesnt count."

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyrees

@dr_deplorable: you pick up the few parts of argument to nitpick, why not pick the whole sentence ? if you are knowledgeable enough on the characters they did and not use the way they are doing in battles (calculations and different universe = the same feats ), would you still agree with their results ? their methods are questionable and in some areas, it is not admissible.

people on comicvine don't go with calculations because of its inconsistent nature and DB revels in that. by that token, half of their battles becomes moot then they lowball/highball certain characters.

their vids are purely entertainment here, not something people can actually infer on.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

@kyrees: Okay. First of I was picking one sentence to agree with numbnuts.

And if you really look at your arguments, you accuse them of a lot of stuff but site no reason for ANY of it.

AND once again you are disagreeing with them without doing all the research they did.

AND you Goddamn DBZ fanboys cant FRAKING LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE DBZ.... I HATE SUPERMAN!!!!! But even I can see he would win.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable: i did mention in my earlier comment i wouldn't go great lengths in disproving their claims. i already mentioned that i know enough of the characters to make my own inference without using their methods which is questionable to begin with and i know for myself what my opinions are.

honestly, if i put my own inferences here, would you actually believe it ? you even quoted superdrummer who has sited his own interpretation and yet you question him because of the "work" done by DB who by itself is simply their own opinion ? are you the kind of guy that easily impressed with numbers and flashy stuff shown to you or you the kind of guy that has intimate knowledge of a lot of stuff they mentioned that you don't need anyone's else interpretation to make those assumptions for you ? i see in you a kind of guy that gets easily roped with the former.

if you read the whole paragraph that you qouted one sentence off, it says i would have a different result.

one last thing: i don't care who wins in their matchups but i would care if someone comes in and profess that deathbattle is the one thing everyone should believe in because of the amount of work they did, not because they intimately know the characters to make a point.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

When will people stop taking DeathBattle seriously? Comic Vine is the only legit source of arguments.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable: In some situations, yes, I do believe I did more research. I don't give reasons unless asked, I will gladly give them if you want me to.

And yes, they did the best they could. They did research into characters I know nothing about, and those aren't the ones I disagree with. Idk who would win between strider and ryu, so until I do research on my own that I find surprises theirs that says otherwise, I'll believe them.

But I don't find hosting youtube channel to be inherently adequate qualification to be considered an authority on anything.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd agree if I hadn't seen the Rogue vs Wonderwoman battle..

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

Its for entertainment. Sometimes they are correct, and sometimes they are incorrect. Ultimately however, it is their videos and their outcomes, and they can decide whatever they wish. I don't always agree with them. (Rogue vs Wonder Woman, Deadpool vs Deathstroke) but sometimes I do. (Superman vs Goku, Luke Skywalker vs Harry Potter.)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Yeah but we all know DBZ fans can get pretty mad. Worst of all, Death Battle keeps trolling them. One video had Takahata101 from TeamFourStar make a mockery of Ben/Whiz in a lighthearted way and then had the others overreact in a metaphor for Internet flame wars by saying Goku could beat Superman. And then in the latest Majiin Buu vs Kirby Death Battle, the advertisement was of a Super Saiyan God Goku toy which was saying that SSJG Goku could totally kick Superman's ass. They aren't helping themselves here.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordmasterd: For Luke vs harry, it's got to be a joke that

A) they are anything close to a match

B) Luke is that weak

C) Harry is that strong

Imo, it's like putting Aragorn vs Zoro. Different tiers completely, they shouldn't be matched the first place.

Nevermind, I thought you were disagreeing with Luke winning

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By flashback0180

Screw attack sucks in general.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable:

1. Calm the heck down bro.

2. I said I had agree with Death Battle.

3. Honestly they do more research than I do.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable: Relax, I'm not saying their 100% wrong, but I'm also not gonna say they are always on point because they do more research then I do. If I know about both characters they're using, and one wins that I don't agree with winning, then I'm gonna disagree with it simple as that.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: Dude, what about my original post made you think I was "raging?"

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blade_R

Lol so they said Buu's teleportation has limits? Ok, im sure it does, but I don't remember ever seeing those limits or even there being an in-story mention of those limits, he teleported from the living world, to the otherworld, to the world of the Kai's, doesn't seem very limited to me.

No Caption Provided

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HAMMER_OF_J2
Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: @gambit474: @marshall_long: @leo-343: @superdrummer: @xlab3000: @superdrummer: @the_stegman: It comes down to this: do any of you HONESTLY think you did the amount of research they did.. HONESTLY!!!! You all say "I don't agree with----" but give NO FRACKING REASON!!! They checked all the facts the possibly could!!!! They tend to do that!!!!! BECAUSE THEY WANT THERE FRACKING UPLOADS TO BE ACCURATE!!!!! Or did you all think they want to have missed information so crazy fanboys could rage.... Do you think they enjoy that?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!?

I'm not saying using them as a source should be the end all be all of the battle forums, but they did FAR more fact finding then 99.999999999999% of the debaters. So their input should count for SOMETHING!

Bud, lay off the caps. Do the amount of research they did? I do a little thing called reading the comics. When you have a thing called "Death battle" and you're featuring characters that are "immortal" like Deadpool, only someone who isn't very bright can't see that that's an unfair and rigged match. Deadpool's immortality doesn't mean he's unbeatable since he's been taken down by the likes of The Punisher, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, and such but Deathstroke's comic abilities were more than enough to put Deadpool down. Since DP's immortal though, that means nothing when it's a fight to the "death." I literally just sat there and said that I agreed with their outcomes before except for this one