Party pooper.

No cake for you.

#159 Edited by laflux (16018 posts) - - Show Bio

WE ALL LIVE IN HARMONYYYYYYYYY

IN A SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECYYYYYYY

#BanOffTopic

You want a medal with that?

#160 Posted by WillPayton (9475 posts) - - Show Bio

The state/government should have nothing to do with religion... either encouraging and promoting it or trying to suppress it. It should be completely agnostic in this respect. We already have way, way too much religiosity in government and it's ridiculous. Nothing good comes from mixing government and religion.

#161 Edited by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

#BanOffTopic

HEIL HYDRA!!!

lol jk

#162 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18079 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

I never said it should take province over anyone else. I just expressed my opinion. and im sorry you feel that way.

Well that is what it seemed like to me. No need to be sorry just because I have a completely different worldview to you.

#163 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

The state/government should have nothing to do with religion... either encouraging and promoting it or trying to suppress it. It should be completely agnostic in this respect. We already have way, way too much religiosity in government and it's ridiculous. Nothing good comes from mixing government and religion.

Stated by someone who has actually read the Establishment clause.

For what it is worth...I concur.

#164 Edited by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

agreed

#165 Edited by cattlebattle (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

#BanOffTopic

Wait....you use the white background??..........BIGOT!!!!!

#166 Posted by WillPayton (9475 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone elected to government should be required to pass some kind of test on the Constitution, and be held accountable when they brazenly ignore and violate it. It's not a trivial matter. The Founding Fathers put the Bill of Rights there for a reason, because they are the key to having and maintaining a healthy republic.

For all the talk about how much they love the Constitution, Republicans are often the first to violate it...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/27/pennsylvania-republican-silences-gay-lawmaker-for-open-rebellion-against-god/

A Republican lawmaker told NewsWorks he silenced an openly gay member of the Pennsylvania House on Wednesday because he was rebelling against God’s law.

State Rep. Brian Sims (D-Philadelphia) had attempted to commemorate the Supreme Court’s landmark marriage rulings during the unanimous consent portion of the House session. His speech, however, was shut down by state Rep. Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) using a procedural maneuver.

“I did not believe that as a member of that body that I should allow someone to make comments such as he was preparing to make that ultimately were just open rebellion against what the word of God has said, what God has said, and just open rebellion against God’s law,” Metcalfe explained to NewsWorks.

#167 Edited by toptom (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

#BanOffTopic

Wait....you use the white background??..........BIGOT!!!!!

i am going to admit that it was funny...