• 162 results
#101 Posted by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@gambit474:

you have me mixed up with someone else.

no my comment was directed at innersuper..he was trolling the wrestling thread about wrestling being fake,as if nobody knew that already,and yet is here complaining about people being hateful. The guy's a hypocrite

#102 Posted by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio

In fact,I don't even think he is aware that there are atheist republicans (and people from a variety of religions that are republicans).

But,I am not surprised that he and others would so commonly associate Christian or Religious with Republican.Neither of the first two are required for the latter.

#103 Edited by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@gambit474:

you have me mixed up with someone else.

no my comment was directed at innersuper..he was trolling the wrestling thread about wrestling being fake,as if nobody knew that already,and yet is here complaining about people being hateful. The guy's a hypocrite

More importantly,he's wrong....but whatever....

He is perfectly able to believe whatever he wants....

Btw,I didn't think I had to point this out,but after seeing this thread and remembering a few things from the past...I must also say that not every Black person likes rap music....and not every person from the south likes Nascar,and that not every child likes Disney....I thought those things were obvious,but after seeing this thread.....

#104 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have to be religious to be against abortion, at least in the majority of cases. In fact, I'm not religious at all. Your other views I agree with.

#105 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll let my man, my hero George Carlin explain........

#106 Edited by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio

While you spend hours arguing on a thread -- politicians are snorting cocaine off hookers paid by your taxes.

#107 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

While you spend hours arguing on a thread -- politicians are snorting cocaine off hookers paid by your taxes.

You say that like arguing isn't fun.

Or that I don't have hookers.

#108 Posted by Hypnosis (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow do all the hot topic debates on here always get heated so quickly?

#109 Posted by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Edited by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnosis said:

Wow do all the hot topic debates on here always get heated so quickly?

unfortunately...

#111 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnosis: you think this is bad try starting a thread that implies that Batman isn't the greatest human achievement since the wheel and you'll see the real dark side of Comicvine.

#112 Posted by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio
#113 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by Dabee (2391 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: @sog7dc: You two seem to think that this country was founded on religion. And please don't use "under God" as an excuse, as that was added in the 1950s, and America was founded in the 1770s. Well, our founding fathers built this country on religion at least, right? Right? Actually, check out the following quotes:

The Christian god is a three headed monster, cruel, vengeful, and capricious.

Christianity the most perverted system that ever shone on man.

Okay, but that was just some random guy that probably helped build the Capital or something, right? No, that was Thomas Jefferson. He wrote the book on this country (literally, wrote the document that made us our own country.) He was also our third president, but he clearly wasn't a fan of religion being imposed on government. But he was just a fluke, right? The rest of the founding fathers probably knocked some sense into him, right? Check out this sense from James Madison, one of the writers of the Consitution.

Religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.

Okay, so our founding fathers were NOT basing this country off religion. One wrote the document that made this the country, and one wrote our rulebook. Neither believed in religion being mixed. Also the pledge of allegiance didn't have God mentioned when it was created. So those two arguments are out now.

Next, Gambit seems to think that gay marriage won't be legal in all 50 states in our lifetimes. Do you know how many states had legal same-sex marriage in 2000? 0. Guess how many by 2004? 1. So in four years, that's one state. In the next four years, two were added. So marginally, states over years doubled. Then in only one year there were 3 added along with DC. Now there are 13. So if you really think that these statistics tell you that in our lifetime, we won't see in in all 50 states, you obviously suck at math.

And just remember you too, this thread could have been about interracial marriage some years ago. Especially your whole "the Bible belt will never go for it" nonsense, Gambit. I'll give it a few years before it's at 25+ states, and by the end of 2020 it will be all states. But by then, it won't be called samesex marriage or gay marriage. It will just be called marriage, because that's what it is. We don't call heterosexual marriages "straight marriages." Both are marriages, whether you like it or not.

#116 Edited by Hypnosis (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I believe the legalization of gay marriage will be inevitable just like interracial marriage was. There will always be people who are against gay marriage. Believe it or not, there are still people today who are against interracial marriage even though its been legalized for so long. Some of the same arguments against interracial marriage are used against gay marriage. The way I see it, it won't be long. I can respect the fact that someone doesn't accept or agree with gay marriage, but to say someone can't get married because you are against it just seems wrong. That's just my 2 cents. Now no more mean talk :)

#117 Posted by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnosis said:

Personally, I believe the legalization of gay marriage will be inevitable just like interracial marriage was. There will always be people who are against gay marriage. Believe it or not, there are still people today who are against interracial marriage even though its been legalized for so long. Some of the same arguments against interracial marriage are used against gay marriage. The way I see it, it won't be long. I can respect the fact that someone doesn't accept or agree with gay marriage, but to say someone can't get married because you are against it just seems wrong. That's just my 2 cents. Now no more mean talk :)

No one wants your 2 stinking pennies!!!

lol jk,very well said and good point.

#118 Posted by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@gambit474: @sog7dc: You two seem to think that this country was founded on religion. And please don't use "under God" as an excuse, as that was added in the 1950s, and America was founded in the 1770s. Well, our founding fathers built this country on religion at least, right? Right? Actually, check out the following quotes:

The Christian god is a three headed monster, cruel, vengeful, and capricious.

Christianity the most perverted system that ever shone on man.

Okay, but that was just some random guy that probably helped build the Capital or something, right? No, that was Thomas Jefferson. He wrote the book on this country (literally, wrote the document that made us our own country.) He was also our third president, but he clearly wasn't a fan of religion being imposed on government. But he was just a fluke, right? The rest of the founding fathers probably knocked some sense into him, right? Check out this sense from James Madison, one of the writers of the Consitution.

Religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.

Okay, so our founding fathers were NOT basing this country off religion. One wrote the document that made this the country, and one wrote our rulebook. Neither believed in religion being mixed. Also the pledge of allegiance didn't have God mentioned when it was created. So those two arguments are out now.

Next, Gambit seems to think that gay marriage won't be legal in all 50 states in our lifetimes. Do you know how many states had legal same-sex marriage in 2000? 0. Guess how many by 2004? 1. So in four years, that's one state. In the next four years, two were added. So marginally, states over years doubled. Then in only one year there were 3 added along with DC. Now there are 13. So if you really think that these statistics tell you that in our lifetime, we won't see in in all 50 states, you obviously suck at math.

And just remember you too, this thread could have been about interracial marriage some years ago. Especially your whole "the Bible belt will never go for it" nonsense, Gambit. I'll give it a few years before it's at 25+ states, and by the end of 2020 it will be all states. But by then, it won't be called samesex marriage or gay marriage. It will just be called marriage, because that's what it is. We don't call heterosexual marriages "straight marriages." Both are marriages, whether you like it or not.

I hope I have a gun so I can shoot myself when it happens then..and also don't sit there and categorize me that I implied that this country was founded on religion when I said no such thing. I said America has been going down the drain,which it has.

#119 Edited by Dabee (2391 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

I hope I have a gun so I can shoot myself when it happens then..and also don't sit there and categorize me that I implied that this country was founded on religion when I said no such thing. I said America has been going down the drain,which it has.

It sounds like you have some issues that go beyond any of this.

#120 Posted by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@gambit474 said:

Nope..just empathizing how crappy I think the country is becoming if they're going to force everyone to accept things they don't agree with,but hey it's great to see that people aren't allowed to disagree with anything anymore since it'll just wind up getting passed anyways. Glad to see that free speech has become a thing of the past

#121 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: How is gay marriage going to affect your life in any way? I get that you don't support it but what is so bad about it that you'd rather kill yourself rather than see them be able to marry?

#122 Posted by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's outlaw religion next..Yes ban religion. No? Why not? It's practically where the country's headed anyways

#123 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: No one is talking about banning religion, and I don't see how allowing gay marriage equates with that in any way.

#124 Edited by Dabee (2391 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@gambit474 said:

Nope..just empathizing how crappy I think the country is becoming if they're going to force everyone to accept things they don't agree with,but hey it's great to see that people aren't allowed to disagree with anything anymore since it'll just wind up getting passed anyways. Glad to see that free speech has become a thing of the past

What you're saying could easily be about interracial marriage. Let me show you what it would look like.

@hbktimhbk said:

@gambit474 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

Gay Interracial marriage is gaining public support whether people like it or not, abortion is legal, and hell is overrated.

gay interracial marriage will never be legal amongst all 50 states whether people like it or not

Never say never, besides, I like to have an optimistic future.

If you think gay interracial marriage will fly amongst the bible belt then I'd be ready for a good laugh. Interracial Slavery is different inner..You try to force gay interracial marriage on everyone and you're going to wind up having a conflict on your hands. Whether you like it or not people are entitled to stand up against gay interracial marriage

See? That could have been on forums way back then if forums existed. And you're on the bad guys' side. And how in the hell could you say interracial is different because it would cause a conflict? Do you really think when interracial marriage was legalized everyone was just cool with it? No, there WERE conflicts. People were hung, people were killed, there were crazy racist protests. It's just happening again. Don't be one of those people.

#125 Edited by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the bad guy? How dare you accuse me of being the bad guy. Where I live people treat gays no different from everyone else..But that doesn't mean we support gay marriage. When the chickfila incident happened our chickfila was packed..There's no conflicts here and people are great yet you want to accuse me of being the villain because I stand up for what I'm against. People like you are exactly what's wrong with this country. If we stand up against something you support then we're automatically the "bad guys." We might as well not even debate anything in congress or whatever anymore since all these topics wind up being one sided because if you disagree with it then you're the bad guy! Interracial is different because people can't help it if they're black..Whereas gays have no defining reason as to why they're gay. It fluctuates between being a choice and being born that way. This is exactly what's wrong with the world nowadays..People like YOU trying to force me and whoever else that disagrees with you to believe what you believe. Hell we might as well brainwash America since it's obvious that free will and free speech don't exist anymore unless it's liberal or politically correct

#126 Posted by Dabee (2391 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the bad guy? How dare you accuse me of being the bad guy. Where I live people treat gays no different from everyone else..But that doesn't mean we support gay marriage. When the chickfila incident happened our chickfila was packed..There's no conflicts here and people are great yet you want to accuse me of being the villain because I stand up for what I'm against. People like you are exactly what's wrong with this country. If we stand up against something you support then we're automatically the "bad guys." We might as well not even debate anything in congress or whatever anymore since all these topics wind up being one sided because if you disagree with it then you're the bad guy! Interracial is different because people can't help it if they're black..Whereas gays have no defining reason as to why they're gay. It fluctuates between being a choice and being born that way. This is exactly what's wrong with the world nowadays..People like YOU trying to force me and whoever else that disagrees with you to believe what you believe. Hell we might as well brainwash America since it's obvious that free will and free speech don't exist anymore unless it's liberal or politically correct

So you're saying there is something wrong with being black, but they can't help having this terrible ailment imposed upon them. Actually, gays DO have a defining reason as to why they're gay. There are biological and genetic reasons, just like there are biological and genetic reasons as to why someone is black. You are born black, you are born gay. You are one of the bad guys, whether you like it or not. Unless you think those protesting against interracial marriage are also good guys, you have just made a paradoxical statement. (This is fun, keep replying.)

#127 Posted by Trodorne (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

How about we just abolish marriage in general. I mean society as a whole seems to give up on relationships and marriages at the drop of the hat.

with the semi joke aside.

In american society, Law is defined by the masses. If you forgot how to get a law passed lets refer to this brief short.

So before anyone gripes and complains here is an idea if you want to make a difference across the country. have the masses call their congress representative to try to have a bill made and push for it to be law. Make it a Flash Bill.

#128 Edited by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@gambit474 said:

So you're saying there is something wrong with being black, but they can't help having this terrible ailment imposed upon them. Actually, gays DO have a defining reason as to why they're gay. There are biological and genetic reasons, just like there are biological and genetic reasons as to why someone is black. You are born black, you are born gay. You are one of the bad guys, whether you like it or not. Unless you think those protesting against interracial marriage are also good guys, you have just made a paradoxical statement. (This is fun, keep replying.)

Whatever dude

#129 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Its because Republicans still think its the 1940s....and they hold dear anything that favors the illogical

Really 1940s, maybe you should look at some history and see which party was doing what and to whom in the 40s.

#130 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: No one is saying you're not allowed to be against it, the point is that you're opinion should not hold sway over the lives of others, its quite frankly none of your or my business if two people want to get married regardless of gender. What gives your opinion that they shouldn't be allowed to get married carry more weight than the opinions of those who support their right?

You keep saying we're infringing on your rights but your complaining that we are infringing on your right to infringe on the rights of others, doesn't that seem even a little strange to you?

#131 Posted by Dabee (2391 posts) - - Show Bio

You're a jack ass

I'm done, you're no fun to argue with. You don't even read what I say and just repeat yourself.

#132 Edited by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee said:

@gambit474 said:
You're a jack ass

I'm done, you're no fun to argue with. You don't even read what I say and just repeat yourself.

Edit: Yes this isn't worth getting in trouble over..Dabee's only saying such things because he's got a computer to hide behind. If this were in person I'd love to see him try to tell me I'm the bad guy to my face

#133 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio
#134 Posted by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: Wow, mods will just love you...

Yeah let's go after the guy who was standing up for what he was against instead of those harassing him for doing such. That would be real great on the mods,plus I'd view it as discrimination

#135 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

Yeah let's go after the guy who was standing up for what he was against instead of those harassing him for doing such. That would be real great on the mods,plus I'd view it as discrimination

You're something else, ya know that?

#136 Edited by Gambit474 (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

This coming from the 16 year old

#137 Posted by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk said:

@gambit474 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

This coming from the 16 year old

...What?

#138 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk said:

"KIDS THESE DAYS

ON THUH INTERNET

BACK IN MY DAY

WE DIDN'T HAVE THUH INTERNET"

Calm down, Elder.

#140 Edited by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

"KIDS THESE DAYS

ON THUH INTERNET

BACK IN MY DAY

WE DIDN'T HAVE THUH INTERNET"

Calm down, Elder.

RESPECT THE ELDERLY!!

They are people,too...

#141 Posted by God_Spawn (37882 posts) - - Show Bio

There's about 4 people in this thread that are really close to getting warnings or banned because some people are on the final chance anyway. So I'm going to make this very general so everyone knows it. Knock off the insults, quit the cursing, and quit the condescending attitudes. Seriously. If you guys can't talk this civilly and instead of taking shots at one another, I'll just lock the thread and issue the warnings and bans. Your choices.

#142 Posted by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio
#143 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Just get rid of the state and church, problem solved.

#144 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

#145 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: im proud of myself i haven't cussed out anybody yet :)

#146 Posted by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474:

disliking a sport vs. disliking a person because of who they would like to screw

your call buddy

#148 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

#149 Edited by cameron83 (7299 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Thelma and Louise?

I believe so. I found it online. I have another with a plane, but it felt this was superior.