• 163 results
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vaeternus

@gambit474: here i agree with you 100.....NOT.

Im all for freedom of views but while I dont care for gay marriage or hypocritical libs, why do you care so much about gay marriage?

If anything, I have issues this joke for an administration and every scandal obama has been involved with running tbis country into the ground...

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novarichrider:

All politicians- "go play amongst yourselves, america. We'll handle the real politics ourselves" lol

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

".....one nation, under God..." just passing through

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. without blind or ignorant hate or dislike OR religion (which is not supposed to take part in the law making of our country) why should gay marriage be illegal?

CAUSE IT'S GAY, YOU FAGERT! AHEYK! NOW WHERE'S MY SISTER AT? I'M HORNY... AHEYYYK!

-Yeah that's the best stereotypical redneck impression I can make.... I don't know why the Republicans (or conservative Democrats) would be against gay marriage aside from religious morality... Against the natural survivalist concept of procreation/reproduction I guess? I don't know.

2. why should abortion be illegal? religious reasons should not even be mentioned SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE! just because you and your religion says its bad dos not mean you can force everybody else to follow the same rules.

Well, for this, one of the reasons I think is it is quite vague to some (religious or not) where an embryo ends and a human baby begins... I know some very anti-religious people who are against abortion (late term at least) because it is already considered killing a human being.

Another issue is the "if a woman has the right to abort, the man has the right to abandon" kind of argument that has been circulating. It has a point though. If one parent has a say in not wanting the child, so should the other.

3. why do you use god as an argument or the threat of hell to scare people when religion is not supposed to have any part in politics?

Cause they're politicians? I mean if not religion, some political wanker would use other things like, say, global warming... Ok, I know Global Warming is truer than true but I'm pretty sure some people do exaggerate on the matter.

I think this thread has a point but how the OP is being quite generalistic is evidence that bigotry is not only exclusive to the conservative.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: I want to meet a redneck that goes "AHEYYYK!" XD

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

after putting my fist through yet another TV set i am going to talk to you about the republican party's issues with the separation of church and state.

1. without blind or ignorant hate or dislike OR religion (which is not supposed to take part in the law making of our country) why should gay marriage be illegal?

2. why should abortion be illegal? religious reasons should not even be mentioned SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE! just because you and your religion says its bad dos not mean you can force everybody else to follow the same rules.

3. why do you use god as an argument or the threat of hell to scare people when religion is not supposed to have any part in politics?

answer all three, i doubt you can without looking like a fool.

Ok,for the first one,not all religious people oppose gay marriage.Some don't even give a damn,like myself,because I have too much crap going on,like my Grandmothers funeral I went to yesterday.

2. The Bible says nothing about abortion.So it's just the persons opinion as to why they think it should be illegal.

3. Not all religious people do this.in fact,I know a lot of religious people DO do this,but very little I have personally met do.So not all do this,not even most.I know that there are MANY christians that do these stereotypical things (sadly),but that shouldn't reflect on all.

I mean,some things you said seem really freaking ignorant and bias...its even as if you are assuming that the fundamentalist Christians are all/most Christians and that it reflects on the religion.

When I say bias,I mean in the same sense that people often associate a group by a first impression or by how many act.

I am not saying that you ARE,but it just SEEMS as if you are generalizing Christianity and Christians based on fanatical zealots. I mean,that's kinda like assuming that all muslims are terrorists and anti-jewish and anti-christian.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Xanni15
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sog7dc said:

I wonder how long that will last. There is a movement to get that taken out that seems to be gaining ground.

Pledge of Allegiance is already taken out of a lot of schools.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@sog7dc said:

I wonder how long that will last. There is a movement to get that taken out that seems to be gaining ground.

Yeah America's going down the drain fast

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

RIP @cameron83's grandmother. :(

thanks,bro.

Seriously,though,it's okay :)

Seriously...or I'll get the raccoon clan here >:) (even though I only know 1 other member)

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Xanni15
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@cameron83: They're already here! =D

DAMMIT I'M TOO LATE!!!

Initiate Operation RE

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cameron83: Just wanted to say I am sorry about your loss.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Yeah that is no longer relevant due to the fact that there are people in America who are atheists, who do not believe in god or subscribe to any religion.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@sog7dc said:

Where? Hell in my middle school, they recited the preamble to the Declaration of Independence.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@joshmightbe said:

I'm not harassing you

I didn't say you were..I was implying the others like hbk and inner.

You need to stop swinging your cane around at imaginary problems, Elder. You might hurt the nurses. :)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader said:

It's okay dude,and thanks so much! :)

:) If you ever need to talk to some random stranger on the internet I am that stranger :D

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474 said:

@joshmightbe said:

I'm not harassing you

I didn't say you were..I was implying the others like hbk and inner.

You need to stop swinging your cane around at imaginary problems, Elder. You might hurt the nurses. :)

Why are you not a comedian yet? Why?

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im glad this got derailed im not in the mood for a real heated debate

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: Your ability to turn something like this thread into something humorous astounds me.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

its relavent to me. it was relevant to the foundation of our country. the more we take God out of our country the worse off our country gets. like my grandma used to say " if it aint got God in it its not gonna last"

that's my belief its my faith and my response to the OP

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: all god has done is give people more reason to hate.

just because your religious and follow the religions rules dosent mean you can force everybody else to do the same.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innersuperman: You just said you were glad this thread got derailed!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

It's okay dude,and thanks so much! :)

:) If you ever need to talk to some random stranger on the internet I am that stranger :D

Thanks!...speaking of strangers,do you have any candy? :p

im glad this got derailed im not in the mood for a real heated debate

I hate controversy as much as the next guy,but why did you create this thread if you're not prepared/willing to debate?

@innervenom123: Your ability to turn something like this thread into something humorous astounds me.

Agreed.It's astonishing...even though he probably doesn't know me it's weird that when I first started out he was the person who stuck out the most on the vine....

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

its relavent to me. it was relevant to the foundation of our country. the more we take God out of our country the worse off our country gets. like my grandma used to say " if it aint got God in it its not gonna last"

that's my belief its my faith and my response to the OP

Just because its relevant to you does not mean its relevant to other people. So I don't see why your religious beliefs should take province over everyone else's view points. And that is the silliest thing I have heard today and I have seen alot of silly things on here today.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just because your religious and follow the religions rules dosent mean you can force everybody else to do the same.

Hate wouldn't exist in the world if not for religion, am I right?! Woo!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....really?

So who do I hate exactly?

I am really astonished by the fact that simply because fanatics are louder than most that people associate those people as the representatives of the group.

I actually remember a response someone once said that has to do with this:

People stereotype everything because it is a natural response to the human mind. I believe your mind needs to put things in to categories for the flight or fight instinct. What is shown on tv and publicized will create this general outlook on what a certain group is "like". Of course majority of the times this image is twisted because what is publicized is usually the negative outlook of it because that is what attracts viewers. So based on what you see on tv or on any other form of getting public attention, subconsciously tells your brain what a group is like based on what one individual from that group says. Because without personally witnessing what a group is yourself you rely on what you see, read, or hear from others then when you do see whatever group your first response in your mind is what you have seen, read, or heard. It's natural because your mind is just trying to see if this can be any threat to you and can react quickly for highest chance of survival.

Not sure if it's 100% true or not,but it seems legitimate....

I am not saying that you stereotyped anyone,or that your even speaking in general,but what you're saying seems really biased and ignorant.I mean,caused reason to hate....even Bill Maher knows that that is completely contrary to the religion (when he called out the fanatics),The guy is (I think,I'm not 100% sure) an anti-theist.I don't even think I know a religion that DOES want you to hate others..

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

@sog7dc said:

Where? Hell in my middle school, they recited the preamble to the Declaration of Independence.

Lots of places. I know back when I was in school they had kids who just sat down and did their own thing because their family were against the under god thing.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My problem with the seperation of church and state is that while it is beneficial for society (in terms of education, civil liberty, etc) to not be governed by any religion, and it is only fair that the same church (generally) is not forced to bend to political alterations, the same people that are allowed to hold "controversial" beliefs over "controversial" social issues are also voting and participating as active members of society.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is coming from the guy who went into the wrestling thread trolling and harassing people because he wanted to shove it into everyone's faces that it's "fake"..Yes that totally gives someone like you the ability to complain about hate and forcing others to believe the same as them

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

wow. that was just so rude and hurtful. you have successfully hurt someones feelings because they disagree with you. nice job

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474:

you have me mixed up with someone else.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dernman said:

@sog7dc said:

Under God was added to the pledge in the 50s most believe it was a means of further distancing ourselves from percieved Communist beliefs such as Atheism.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@sog7dc said:

@laflux:

wow. that was just so rude and hurtful. you have successfully hurt someones feelings because they disagree with you. nice job

You sound so wounded. It's heartbreaking.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@xanni15 said:

@innersuperman said:

Well I do know quite few racist Atheists so that kind of pokes a huge hole in your theory

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

I never said it should take province over anyone else. I just expressed my opinion. and im sorry you feel that way.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123:

my grandmother was very very close to me and that was hurtful. I am human I hve feelings too

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innersuperman said:

This is coming from the guy who went into the wrestling thread trolling and harassing people because he wanted to shove it into everyone's faces that it's "fake"..Yes that totally gives someone like you the ability to complain about hate and forcing others to believe the same as them

I really can't find the slightest logic in accusing an entire religion/group for the extremists...I guess that means that the radical feminists represent all feminists and feminism itself,am I right?

Not only does the religion teach AGAINST those things (seriously,those are like fundamental teachings),but I don't see as to how extremists should count for the whole group and what they stand for...I mean,I don't get the logic in that....It shows not only a great ignorance towards the religion,but the people as well.

It's extremely biased and ignorant and irrational as well.

I mean,IT'S ONE OF THE CORE F****** THINGS OF THE RELIGION!!

Grrr,I don't wanna seem fanatical,but it's so f*cking ignorant and stupid! It's like me saying to my Muslim friend "Why do you guys blow things up?" like a f*cking idiot.

I'm not even that religious and I know this.I knew this since I was f*cking 6!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By cameron83

@joshmightbe said:

@xanni15 said:

@innersuperman said:

Well I do know quite few racist Atheists so that kind of pokes a huge hole in your theory

I also know some atheists that hate homosexuals..not dislike...hate.

Some on the internet,and one who is my friend.I mean,although he's really ignorant towards homosexuals/homosexuality,and biased,he's still my friend and I don't really want to....push my views on him. And he's still my friend,so......

But again,ignorance (and bias) is blissful,isn't it?

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There should be separation of Church and State but religious people and non religious people are allowed to vote on there beliefs.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By laflux

@sog7dc said:

@laflux:

You sound so wounded. It's heartbreaking.

No Caption Provided