Dear Marvel/Disney Execs:
I am an angry fanboy. yes im sure you get that alot. but rather than my constant nerd rage which is spewed across this internet and even swearing. Ive decided to come to a better decision that is mutually beneficial for both. I am dropping all of your comic books now.
I could go on with the why, and just let you as well this is going to be a message for DC as well. I/ we are all sick and tired the way you have been running things and pumping out useless comic series expecting people to buy into them. Do you honestly think Spider-man / wolverine really needs 3 or 4 titles? Cause there are many who seem to think we don't. Do we really need 3-10 different variant covers cluttering up the shelves that are not being sold? Im going to go with a big no on that one.
Point being Marvel, is that you are insulting your readers by this poor attempt to bombard the shelves with your titles to get new readers. Lets face it marvel, new readers are not interested in paying 3.99 on a media that has no flashing lights, the ones who see the movies only stay for the movies, they do not care for the comics. its because of this tireless act you have put on since the 90's with your variant covers and trying to pander to the collectors out there who think their comic is worth tons of cash (Which by the way anything post 1988 isn't worth much). You have alienated your audience And I for one am done with you unless you show the following signs of change:
- You will replace the high glossy pages you currently put in your books with recycled newsprint paper. yes a comic may degrade faster if not taken care of but that is the point.
- Increase the number of pages in comics to 32 pages and those are pages are pnes that do not have ads.
- You will also stop abusing your current audience with ill conceived "Major events" just to try to sell to an average market.
- Stop using Death as a gimmick to try to boost sales when you are planning to bring them back only a few months later, have some class.
- Drop the printing of variant covers unless its an anniversary issue like Issue 800 or 1000...etc
- Kill off your character or retire him if you are truly out of story ideas, do not make them younger.
- If a writer is coming on to a series make sure they at least understand the basic premise of how the character works.
Then and only then if these demands are met I will continue to pick up my few titles from marvel. Though I hold no grudge against Dan Slott and his amazing work. I will do what I need to in order to get my point across. Have a good time marvel I am now officially done picking up your comics.
P.S: DC you are next if you follow the same path as Marvel.
Anyone who is with me are welcome to do the same. if you would much rather support the way marvel does business that is your choice I do not hold ill will.... much.