Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Deadcool said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That's what I'm saying. If something is bad, tell people, and if something is great, tell people. Why do I bag Bendis' Avengers at every opportunity? Because I think it's truly bad, and people should spend their money elsewhere. Mighty Avengers, the greatest Avengers run in decades, was cancelled to make room for Bendis' Avengers, and that's just tragic.

I really liked that one, that volume gave Pym an awesome suit, and also maked him awesome, the good ones die so fast...

It was amazing, as a Pym megafan, it almost brought me to tears with its epicness.  

Weird, didn't work when I clicked it before. 
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#52  Edited By Deadcool

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It was amazing, as a Pym megafan, it almost brought me to tears with its epicness.

Now he doesn't have an Avengers team or an Awesome suit either.

Weird, didn't work when I clicked it before.

Oh well, CV works in starnge ways that we can't understand.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Deadcool said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Now he doesn't have an Avengers team or an Awesome suit either.

Sigh, no, he doesn't.  

Back on topic. Bendis ruined Storm; discuss. 
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@FadeToBlackBolt: It's not like there was much left to ruin. Storm hasn't been an interesting character within the 616 universe for some time, in my opinion. Although, the way he wrote the story with her was laughable.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#55  Edited By Deadcool

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Sigh, no, he doesn't. Back on topic. Bendis ruined Storm; discuss.

Actually, I don't care about that, I saw the thread yesterday and I ignored it, I started to post when I realized that people actually posted on this thread, I have nothing against Storm, but damn I always asked to myself, Why is storm so damn popular in the vine? is--- Nevermind...

Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Original_Sin

Marvel isn't a bad company...they just need to get their sh!t together.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Gambit1024

@Illuminatus said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: It's not like there was much left to ruin. Storm hasn't been an interesting character within the 616 universe for some time, in my opinion. Although, the way he wrote the story with her was laughable.

Totally agreed. Storm was great maybe 20 years ago, but now? Now she couldn't even lead an X-team if the situation called for it. She's not Wolverine or Cyclops, and that makes her irrelevant to the writers.

I saw the scan of Storm just lying there, literally drooling after contributing nothing to the fight. If I were a Storm fan, I'd be pissed.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Gambit1024: Her hay-day was certainly during the Claremont run.  

What's funny is that even Ultimate Storm is relatively boring as a character, despite her slightly more interesting love-life.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gambit1024

@Illuminatus: Did she survive Ultimatum? Last thing I read with Ultimate Storm was when she went all punk after Hank died.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Gambit1024: She did, but I believe Pietro later made a comment about someone who has the same powers as Storm being "lobotomized".
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Gambit1024

@Illuminatus: Oh goodie. Now she's more like her 616 counterpart.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#62  Edited By JonesDeini

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

DC is no better.... I'm serious.

This is true. Modern comics are just awful. I mean that, truly unreadable. Both companies have maybe three titles that are worth your money. (Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom) (Action Comics, Batman Inc)

I know you're just being hyperbolic folk and speaking strictly of the superhero comics at the big two but I think comics overall is in a great place despite the writers who works routinely have me wondering "how in the frak is THIS GUY continually given the keys to the kingdom?!" And even in the oh so safe, boring, and oft idiotic lands of DC/Marvel there are some really great books going on. Ironically they're almost all written by writers who's best works come from outside the genres and outside of the big two. I think one of the smartest things DC did with their reboot was tapping their Vertigo talent to head big books and letting them create to their sensibilities. If Marvel would take note and give more free reign to the Jonathon Hickman's, Rucka's, etc. in their ranks then their line could see a big boost in quality. That being said, I'm an unabashed snob and would like to simply say that when it comes to what I consider the lowest form of the medium. And Vertigo/Image forever!!!

Also I really hope once Bendis leaves Avengers that it's Hickman's who's taking over. He's dropping all 3 of his ongoing Marvel books by the end of the years for a "Job he just couldn't turn down" what's bigger at Marvel than Avengers right now? Downside of that news is that it's rumored that Bendis may have his eyes on writing UXM...heaven help me. If that's how it all plays out then that book just can't catch a break in the oughts. While not in love with their runs like others I'll say that Morrison/Whedon's run were solid to good though problematic. After Whedon's Astonishing not much of note could be said about following runs on the "main title" of the X Books. I've enjoyed Gillen's run thus far (despite my dislike of the art) but I feel like Marvel's events (despite how much he protest he writes his long term stories with them in mind as a part of his narrative) dampens the normal quality of his stories. Things were moving pretty good out of Breaking point and then Fear Itself (though having it's up moments) sort of just put the breaks on his momentum and had me ready to drop the book. I really feel like I may as well jump off now before AvX kills things.

Holy crap that was quite a tangent. Right Marvel...Storm...Avengers...okay I got my train of thought back. Schyeah....Mo' Frak Bendis with a spiked dildo...no vaseline, folk.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage: I'm glad you posted this. It truly mirrors how I feel about Marvel right now and how they have been treating Storm for the past few years. I buy so many titles from them every month (somewhere around 15 or so....and more when Crystal makes an appearance), but my a$$ is about to end that. Bendis has proven to be as nearly nightmarish as Fraction's writing of Storm, and with the thought of Bendis taking over X-Men, and Fraction taking on Avengers .....o.O' .....why keep torturing ourselves....

Cosmic_Hobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Cosmic_Hobo

I'm in the minority that actually really likes Bendis, I completely hated the avengers until after disassembled. All the stuff with them hanging out by the pool and having BBQ's while in full costume was just awful, and really wish Scarlet Witch was gone forever, I honestly have no idea what the appeal of her character is.

I do agree he has no idea how to write Storm though. Although Storm is another character who's popularity baffles me, so i don't mind over much.

Hickman would be amazing on Avengers, but I am dearly going to miss him on Fantastic Four and FF

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By buttersdaman000

Marvel as a whole just sucks now. They focus too much energy on their movies, which are great, but, in turn, their comics suffer. All the writers are given like 5 different books so quality falls. The company focuses on big events way too much. Cheap deaths are cheap. Matt Fraction. Pointless Tie-ins to their pointless events. Marvel seriously needs to step their game up comic wise.

(There are still some good marvel books though)

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Soulstealer

@Original_Sin said:

Marvel isn't a bad company...they just need to get their sh!t together.

I don't think I can agree any harder than I do right now.