#1 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Which zombies game between the two do you think is better, and why?

#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

Left 4 Dead

#3 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio

Left 4 Dead because it is better.

#4 Posted by tensor (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

Left 4 dead 2

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a matter of preference and both are totally different games.

Staff
#6 Edited by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

L4D is a linear 1st person shooter game. 
Dead Island is more of a survival FPS RPG Adventure. Sorta similar to Far Cry or Fall Out. 

So the answer should differ depending on the type of genre the gamer is.

#7 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Island is a far better zombie game. It's creepy and challenging. ITS PURE AWESOME SAUCE.

#8 Posted by Sissel (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Island is actually great but it is a RPG-like FPS which is pretty much like Dead Rising. And Left 4 Dead is like a CoD game with zombies but is actually more creepy and eerie.

#9 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the review on dead island, it looks like one of those games I wouldn't even buy even if it was in a 5 Dollar bin.

I've played left for dead and it's okay.

#10 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Island.

#11 Posted by riotman (716 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Left 4 Dead are for Call of Duty players who like working with a team and shooting at zombies. Its very straightforward and you cant really experiment and have fun with it.

On the other hand Dead Island is huge open world that you can explore it might not be the best zombie fps but it has a lot more things to such as exploring creating weapons and just having fun because you don't need missions to have fun in this game.

P.S. In Dead Island if you throw a weapon and try and drop it at the same time you can duplicate your weapon.(don't know if still works but try it)

#12 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is people are cold-blooded a$$holes in Left 4 Dead online and won't hesitate to leave you high and dry if you're incapacitated.

#13 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Island , more like a RPG and the skill trees work great if you use a mixed 4 person team. The women are also the powerhouse bad ass characters which is always cool

#14 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

Left 4 Dead

#15 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

All I know is people are cold-blooded a$$holes in Left 4 Dead online and won't hesitate to leave you high and dry if you're incapacitated.

This exactly...

I actually had some folks push me towards the Tank and then run off...I'm assuming to chuckle from high ground...lol

#16 Posted by Fragneto (746 posts) - - Show Bio

You need Pills in Left 4 Dead.

#17 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

This exactly...

I actually had some folks push me towards the Tank and then run off...I'm assuming to chuckle from high ground...lol

hahaha yeah its only really fun when you play with other people that you actually know and trust.
#18 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8797 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@whacknasty said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

This exactly...

hahaha yeah its only really fun when you play with other people that you actually know and trust.

Im sorry......im one of "those" guys when I play online.....>_>

Also

#19 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Island because it has more content on disc then 4 maps you get to replay over and over again. 

#20 Posted by Fragneto (746 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@whacknasty said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

This exactly...

Also

Wow you guys already hacked this game!? LOL 
#21 Posted by ntb1124 (947 posts) - - Show Bio

SO excited about this game, I am going to buy it tomorrow, have not had time with everything going on lately, I love the things I hearing about Dead Island...I need to go back and play Left 4 Dead as well

#22 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

Left 4 Dead, on the PC though. You can download custom maps and play those, and all the replay value in that game is insane. 

Dead Island is still a good game though.

#23 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

@whacknasty said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

This exactly...

Also

LOL! That was insane and hilarious. I would play just about any game that had that mod in it. FO3 please, lol.

#24 Posted by Relentless1 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both games but Dead Island beats both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 at all aspects.

The zombies are stronger and challenging, you can modify, create, and repair weapons, and buy and sell objects.

#25 Posted by Chosen1 (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Both awesome zombie games..... but I choose Dead Island.

#26 Posted by Swagger462 (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Island is fun for running around and splattering things. The story has absolutely no cohesion at all and it fell victim to the same thing L4D did. Special Infected. The stupidest zombie related invention ever. EVER.

#27 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Left 4 Dead owns Dead Island.

#28 Posted by GodOfMischief (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Left 4 Dead is much better, but both are great games in their own ways.