Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

Is it worth it? I already have a character, almost level 12 (Fire, Flight, Martial Arts, Superman), but when I made him I was instantly disappointed by some of the stuff I didn't have access to....mainly the lantern powers. I just want to know if the full game is worth 15 bucks a month.  

Also, if anybody wants to play with me my PSN is iBEAST000

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

you don't need to have it up until you finish your tier one armor then from there it's pretty necessary to get your tier two and higher armors....don't worry about the Lantern powers...they suck as dps's and as controllers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

@danhimself said:

you don't need to have it up until you finish your tier one armor then from there it's pretty necessary to get your tier two and higher armors....don't worry about the Lantern powers...they suck as dps's and as controllers

I'm on tier three and I'm only a premium member. Lantern's are the worst controllers, but they can hit pretty hard.

Legendary is worth it if you're really into the game (crafting, money, more inventory space, dlc). Although it won't bother you at first, it will later on. I also play on PS3, so I can help you with leveling and whatever else you need. I usually just go around helping people when I'm not in a raid or pvping.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SandMan_

The game is free right?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By buttersdaman000
@danhimself said:

.......Ummmm huh?  

@AweSam:  
Nice, you can add me on PSN and we can play sometime
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

I'm on tier three and I'm only a premium member. Lantern's are the worst controllers, but they can hit pretty hard.

Legendary is worth it if you're really into the game (crafting, money, more inventory space, dlc). Although it won't bother you at first, it will later on. I also play on PS3, so I can help you with leveling and whatever else you need. I usually just go around helping people when I'm not in a raid or pvping.

have you bought any of the dlc though? tier 3 is the FoS raids and weren't they all dlc's or were they still in the updates back then....I haven't really played since the replay badges pretty much ruined the game.

I was a lantern from the get go...dpsing....they're alright but they're limited by their lack of ranged attacks....if you're really good then you can pull some decent numbers...but when the Legendary rewards came in I decided to switch to fire to try it out and haven't looked back since...fire is op! same with sorcery...imo they're the best dps classes

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

@buttersdaman000: what about my statement confused you...I'm happy to explain

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By HolySerpent

are you getting the black ops games

Yes i know offtopic

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000
@danhimself said:

@buttersdaman000: what about my statement confused you...I'm happy to explain

Lol everything. Controllers? Tiers? DPS??  

@HolySerpent said:

@buttersdaman000 are you getting the black ops games

Yes i know offtopic

Ehh maybe. Will it have zombies??
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

have you bought any of the dlc though? tier 3 is the FoS raids and weren't they all dlc's or were they still in the updates back then....I haven't really played since the replay badges pretty much ruined the game.

I was a lantern from the get go...dpsing....they're alright but they're limited by their lack of ranged attacks....if you're really good then you can pull some decent numbers...but when the Legendary rewards came in I decided to switch to fire to try it out and haven't looked back since...fire is op! same with sorcery...imo they're the best dps classes

FoS isn't dlc. Tier 4 (Gates and Prime), however, are. I got the Fight for Earth dlc so I can do the tier 4 raids. I hate replay badges. This game is pure pay-to-win, but any decent league would be happy to help you with modding your equipment. I'm a gadget DPS. I mostly focus on precision, so my bow does a hell lot of damage. I basically just spam bombs the whole time. It's not the best DPS class, but it has a lot of useful abilities.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000
@SandMan_ said:
The game is free right?
Yeah, make an account man!
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danhimself

@buttersdaman000: there are 4 roles...controller, dps, healer, and tank

controllers are the guys who make sure that the healer, tank, and dps have power to use their powers...their first priorities should be the healer then the tank then the dps...a good dps should be able to recover a lot of their own power by using weapon combos

dps's are the guys doing the damage...their job is to do as much damage as possible...like I said above...a good dps is constantly aware of what's going on around them and is doing their best to recover as much power as they can using weapon combos so the controller can focus on the healers and the tanks....I say that they should stay aware because a lot of enemies have ques that tell you when and what attack they're using and the dps needs to recognize these so that he can get out of the way or block the attack

healers heal...imo it's the most important class there is and there aren't nearly enough of them in the game

tanks soak up damage and keep the enemies focused on them so that the dps, controller, and healers aren't taking to much damage

each power has two roles available to them...any power class can be a dps but only certain classes can be tanks, controllers, or healers

fire, ice, and earth are tanks

gadgets, lanterns, and mental are controllers

sorcery, nature, and electricity are healers

my advice is to stay a dps until you get to level 30 then start focusing on getting your main role's gear and stats up....with tier one armor which is located in each of the wings of the watch tower and hall of doom....dps's are a dime a dozen but everyone is always looking for more tanks, healers, and controllers, by focusing on becoming good at your main role you'll be in demand more

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

FoS isn't dlc. Tier 4 (Gates and Prime), however, are. I got the Fight for Earth dlc so I can do the tier 4 raids. I hate replay badges. This game is pure pay-to-win, but any decent league would be happy to help you with modding your equipment. I'm a gadget DPS. I mostly focus on precision, so my bow does a hell lot of damage. I basically just spam bombs the whole time. It's not the best DPS class, but it has a lot of useful abilities.

it wasn't like that before the replay badges....the replay badges ruined the game the first week they were introduced....I'm fire now and have been mostly focusing on precision as well now since a lot of fire damage is precision based

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AweSam

@SandMan_ said:

The game is free right?

Yes.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AweSam

@danhimself: Precision ups your weapon damage. Might ups your power damage.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself

@AweSam said:

alot of power damage ticks for might the first time but if it has any power over time effects then that's usually precision based....when you see it tick off on screen if it's in yellow print then it was might based if it was in white then it was precision based

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By VictorGrey

@buttersdaman000 said:

@HolySerpent said:

@buttersdaman000 are you getting the black ops games

Yes i know offtopic

Ehh maybe. Will it have zombies??

It will have zombies

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AweSam

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

alot of power damage ticks for might the first time but if it has any power over time effects then that's usually precision based....when you see it tick off on screen if it's in yellow print then it was might based if it was in white then it was precision based

Pretty sure it's just weapons.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By danhimself

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

it mostly is weapons...but fire has a lot of damage over time attacks that the initial hit is yellow and is might based so it's always going to be a big hit but the damage over time is white damage and that's precision...so I have my gear mostly modded with Might and Precision so that I can up the damage over time as much as possible

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AweSam

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

it mostly is weapons...but fire has a lot of damage over time attacks that the initial hit is yellow and is might based so it's always going to be a big hit but the damage over time is white damage and that's precision...so I have my gear mostly modded with Might and Precision so that I can up the damage over time as much as possible

I could be wrong, but I think you're just mistaking that for your weapon damage.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

I have premium membership. I've bought the lightning strikes and Lantern packs. Pretty good IMO. I'll add you and help you level up when i get internet.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By HolySerpent

Yeah and up to 8 players can play....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

@danhimself said:

@AweSam said:

I could be wrong, but I think you're just mistaking that for your weapon damage.

nope...definitely not

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AweSam

@nickthedevil said:

I have premium membership. I've bought the lightning strikes and Lantern packs. Pretty good IMO. I'll add you and help you level up when i get internet.

PS3?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nickthedevil

Eyup. PS3. My username is the same as it is here.