DC Universe Online F2P??

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sentryssj4

Is anyone here playing this? I tried to sit through the download but couldn't... Bottom line I'm just wondering is it worth it (i don't mean money wise.. obviously, but it's just that i got Skyrim recently) So yeah are y'all playing and is it good? 

p.s. Hero or Villain?

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By blur1528

@sentryssj4: I love it! Then again who doesn't love a free game? I got a hero (speedster(which is awesome)) and then a villain (flyer). If you want an open world online free awesome game, go ahead and download it. What have you got to lose? But you might want to wait until you're about to go to sleep before you acquire game assets. That takes about 7 hours after the initial download and install.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Project_Worm

It's great! i'm playing right now.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I'm not waiting 4 hours for it to download. My best friend told me he wasn't too crazy about it but the prize is totally not worth the wait.

CELKali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CELKali

I was a beta tester since it was an open beta. I had fun. Or maybe I'm too used to the way Warcraft does things (For the Horde, bitches). It was a nice change, though. As much as I enjoy killing Ragnaros on a weekly basis, I found it more fun doing new missions (eh, quests) in a somewhat modern city, versus the general setting for an MMO. And a lot of it is soloable, which I prefer. Well, the Alerts aren't, but those are basically dungeons. The solo quests, when you go in a building to take down whoever the mission you're on is still a bit challenging but fun.

The only thing I don't like is that you can only have $1500 at a time, and any that goes over goes into an escrow account, which you pay real money to get out. That's the F2P bit. If you give 5 bucks, you can keep up to 2k at a single time, but still an escrow. the $14.99/month gives 0 cash limits, and 16 character slots. Thing is, though, no one really uses the AH, so money isn't too much of an issue.

I'm a villain, mentoring under Joker. I use Flight, and Martial Arts/Flame based attacks, and DPS but can tank. Level 23 on the PvE server. I learned on Warcraft that PvP servers are pure hell, so decided fuck that. Yeah, I'm a carebear :P.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chibio

It's good, You should play it, I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot. And take villains, since the interaction with the NPC's is far more fun for the villains, because they have the greater characters with a lot better inGame personalities (Joker, Harley and so on), while the heroes are kinda boring. Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and even Flash, they all sound the same!

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DarkShadows

It's pretty fun, and I like it. I play the game when I have the time.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By nightwing91

I'm playing it, it's good. Just the initial download takes an extremely long amount of time to complete. Leave it through out the night, it took 2 hours for me I've heard of it taking 6+ for others.