• 58 results
#1 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

Look I was never fond that dc promoting( or pushing) the trinity. Three superheroes that are basically more importing then the rest. Superman should only hold that title because he is the worlds greatest protector and the most iconic. But superman is not the reason I wrote this thread. I wrote this thread because I feel a hero doesn't belong. Diana prince or as she is better known Wonder Woman. I think Hal Jordan( green lantern) or Wally West( flash) or Barry Allen (flash), deserve this spot. What do you think

#2 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
the way I see it... they should get rid of Batman and give the spot to Green Lantern Hal Jordan... but this is coming from me now. 
#3 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

And why shouldn't Wonder Woman be there?

#4 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
the way I see it... they should get rid of Batman and give the spot to Green Lantern Hal Jordan... but this is coming from me now. 
lol What? :P
#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan alternates between boring and annoying.

Wonder Woman is just plain better.

#6 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal sucks and Diana is more popular than Barry or Wally.

/thread.

#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

The three Trinity members are considered the biggest influences WITHIN the DCU as well as without. They are the leaders of the heroes, and inspirations to those in the real world.

I love Wally, but even in canon it says how much admiration he has for Wonder Woman.

Hal is easily one of the more recognizable characters, but within the DCU he's not much liked…Batman doesn't trust him, about half the GLC doesn't trust him, he has a tendency to go off and act strangely without letting anyone know what's going on.

#8 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

This will go over well.

#9 Posted by EugeneSaxe (227 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole concept is a crock, an unnecessary attempt to put Batman in yet another book.

#10 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Just make it a pentagon and add in Hal and Barry. Case solved.

#11 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has Hal inspired?

#12 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8032 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

/thread.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27364 posts) - - Show Bio
@EugeneSaxe said:

The whole concept is a crock, an unnecessary attempt to put Batman in yet another book.

this makes no sense 
#14 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I agree with king Saturn. Batman or wonder woman should be replace. By a green lantern. My two candidates are Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner.

#15 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Daveyo520 said:

This will go over well.

GENDER WAAAAAAAAR
#16 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is a reality warper so she solos :D 

But seriously, do we want to alienate females even more from comics? Because that's a sure way to do it. 

#17 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

they are the trinity though. They aren't slots in a team roster to be filled, together- those particular three heroes ARE the trinity. None of them belongs to other groups, unlike the GL's who are all a member of a pre-existing corps, they are solo heroes who found common ground in being the three top players in a group that boast hundreds of revolving members. To say someone should replace one of them as a member of the trinity is impossible to fathom because the three of them ARE the trinity, take one of them out and then it's just 2/3 of the trinity with someone else hanging out. Just my opinion, of course.

#18 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Martian

#19 Edited by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

What about the Martian

Nowhere near as popular as Wonder-Woman. The Trinity isn't the Trinity because everyone thinks they're good characters. They're the Trinity because they're the most popular, iconic, and influential characters in the DCU. GL(while still popular) and Manhunter aren't on the popularity level of these three, as they've been household icons nationwide for a very long time.

#20 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

That spot goes to Barry Allen MOST definately if anyone else.

#21 Posted by StarKiller809 (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting rid of Wonder Woman is a big mistake. The fact that you think she should be deleted off of the Trinity is just annoying to her. She is iconic in her own right and just let it be. Just because you don't like her or know her doesn't mean she should be erased from the Trinity.

Females are wanting to see more women in comics and deleting Wonder Woman from the Trinity? HUGE blow to them and a HUGE backlash at DC Comics.

Wonder Woman has earned her spot there... don't try to take it away.

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_psycho said:

Who has Hal inspired?

Parallax.

#23 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

/thread.

Given how consistently (and by how much) Wally used to outsell Diana most of the time, I wouldn't be very sure about that. Even in a recent CBR list with the top 50 DC characters he stomped both Diana and Barry himself in popularity, and that's with him MIA for over two years. 

That being said, the Trinity is fine as it is and I can't see it being changed without it feeling forced, popularity notwithstanding.
#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@super_psycho said:

Who has Hal inspired?

Parallax.

And a few million people who repopulated Coast City due to his efforts.
#25 Posted by Redletter (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: The trinity who has inspired the most

Superman inspired = Steele Superboy super girl power girl, who knows how many others

Batman inspired = all the robin, birds of prey, so many others even reformed villains so on, Batman's got to be the most inspirational out of the Trinity

Wonder woman = Donna troy & and the other one (not counting Artemis she wasn't a fan of wonder woman)

The Flash = three generations (i think) + side kicks

The Green lantern = don't know if he has inspired anybody side kick or other wise (didn't he get the ring by fluke of being closest to a dying alien making him a super hero, & not by actual choice) not sure

well logically the position belongs to the flash not wonder woman ( i think she's there to lower the testosterone level)

Failing that i would so personally vote in John Constantine as one of the Trinity just to annoy batman & super stuck up man

#26 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

/thread.

Given how consistently (and by how much) Wally used to outsell Diana most of the time, I wouldn't be very sure about that. Even in a recent CBR list with the top 50 DC characters he stomped both Diana and Barry himself in popularity, and that's with him MIA for over two years.

That being said, the Trinity is fine as it is and I can't see it being changed without it feeling forced, popularity notwithstanding.

His book sold more, yeah, but Wonder Woman is more recognizable. The second volume of Flash had quality writing for the most part, it boosted his popularity a great deal.

#27 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: I doubt anyone who has no interest in comics even knows WW, honestly, at least outside the US. The Flash is more recognisable, here at least. Not with the specification of who he is (Barry, Wally or even Bart), but just the sight of his costume makes most people I know say, "it's the Flash."  It's certainly not a reaction I'd get from showing them a pic of Diana.
#28 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Really? I thought Wonder Woman was more popular than that, at least to the same point where her costume is instantly recognizable as Wonder Woman's.

#29 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

What about the Martian

Martian Manhunter is my favorite member of the quintessential League (Supes, Batman, WW, GL, Flash, Aquaman and MM), but he's the least famous of them.

#30 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Morpheus_: Really? I thought Wonder Woman was more popular than that, at least to the same point where her costume is instantly recognizable as Wonder Woman's.

Could be, I'm just a crazy Greek living in a cave, what do I know?
#31 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, while we are at it lets make the Source Wall the New Great Wall of China, no one even cares or knows about that wall, anymore and my opinion is sufficient evidence. Also in 4 months lets just replace everything with everything. Then two weeks after that just tweet pictures of our arm pits to each other. I have to end my post now, I am feeling less relevant, time to live in the bush. 

#32 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@HolySerpent said:

What about the Martian

Martian Manhunter is my favorite member of the quintessential League (Supes, Batman, WW, GL, Flash, Aquaman and MM), but he's the least famous of them.

Doubtlessly a great character, but I agree, and believe that even J'onn himself would think he works better behind the scenes rather than a figurehead.
#33 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

Could be, I'm just a crazy Greek living in a cave, what do I know?

Makes sense :P

#34 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redletter said:

@HolySerpent: The trinity who has inspired the most

Superman inspired = Steele Superboy super girl power girl, who knows how many others

Batman inspired = all the robin, birds of prey, so many others even reformed villains so on, Batman's got to be the most inspirational out of the Trinity

Wonder woman = Donna troy & and the other one (not counting Artemis she wasn't a fan of wonder woman)

The Flash = three generations (i think) + side kicks

The Green lantern = don't know if he has inspired anybody side kick or other wise (didn't he get the ring by fluke of being closest to a dying alien making him a super hero, & not by actual choice) not sure

well logically the position belongs to the flash not wonder woman ( i think she's there to lower the testosterone level)

Failing that i would so personally vote in John Constantine as one of the Trinity just to annoy batman & super stuck up man

By that logic, The Flash that would be part of your trinity would be the original, you know the one most people don't know about.

#35 Posted by Redletter (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: That would be the golden age trinity, a completely different animal in comparison to the Justice league of America

#36 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redletter said:

@Decoy Elite: That would be the golden age trinity, a completely different animal in comparison to the Justice league of America

The Trinity is not just a JLA thing. It's a DC comics thing.

The fact that you notice that Golden Age Flash doesn't fit kinda proves my point. ;)

#37 Posted by Redletter (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: I think it is, the worlds most powerful super groups three most powerful members,

Golden age trinity; the flash,original green lantern, & wonder woman's Mom

Plus i never said the golden age flash should be in the trinity you did

I think the younger flash inspired more flash type heroes then the original "who has inspired the most" i did say that

#38 Posted by jhazzroucher (13941 posts) - - Show Bio

If they're changing it, Flash deserves to be inside the trinity

#39 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, I remember that time Flash and Green Lantern's costume change made the papers... oh wait. Zee Powaaaaah. Zee Comic Books sales of the last few years. Zee Comic book fans perceptions. Paki paki, fillet ol Fish. 

#40 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Heh, I remember that time Flash and Green Lantern's costume change made the papers... oh wait. Zee Powaaaaah. Zee Comic Books sales of the last few years. Zee Comic book fans perceptions. Paki paki, fillet ol Fish.

#41 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

/thread.

This.  
Barry sucks as well though.  

Batman is the greatest character ever, Superman is the first true superhero, and Wonder Woman is the most iconic female superhero. The Trinity is perfect as is.  This thread is ridiculous. 
#42 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black: Yea then they could call the selves the Justice League and then become the worlds greatest heroes.......oh wait........

#43 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheRedRobin96 said:

@_Black: Yea then they could call the selves the Justice League and then become the worlds greatest heroes.......oh wait........

Exactly!

#44 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hate for Hal, after all he is the GREATEST green lantern of all time.

#45 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

He shouldn't be.

He's not really that interesting as a character to be honest and many times tends to be annoying.

Kyle is my fav, but I'd take Guy or John over him any day. (John is kinda bland but at least he's never outright annoying)

#46 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

#47 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's annoying, yeah he had his moments, but that was because of [few] writers characterizing him wrong. He's my fav

#48 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually saw that sinestro scan coming lol.

#49 Edited by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@HolySerpent said:

He shouldn't be.

He's not really that interesting as a character to be honest and many times tends to be annoying.

Kyle is my fav, but I'd take Guy or John over him any day. (John is kinda bland but at least he's never outright annoying)

I used to be in the 'I can tolerate him' boat. Unfortunately, because of Geoff Johns, I was thrown overboard.

#50 Posted by Billy Batson (56922 posts) - - Show Bio

naw.
BB