#1 Edited by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a DC fan and it hurts me to see DC falling so far behind Marvel (I do enjoy the movies, dont get me wrong). I know that Marvel is making Kid friendly movies but I dont think DC should change their style of Dramatic/Action packed into the jokey style of Marvel. My questions are

1- What movies should DC make next, or you would like to see get made?

2-Not counting the obvious ones -Wonder WOman, FLash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter. But instead what villans wold you like to see them fight in theirs?

2- Should they make a Green Lantern 2 or ignore the first one and make an other one. If so could they make various Green Lantern movies, each one about a different earth lanterns, Cus if so they should do it avengers style and make them all lead into one epic GL corpse movie.

#2 Edited by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to do the best DC hero; Swamp Thing.

#3 Posted by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: From what I hear, people do like that character? What villans/problems would he face in the movies?

#4 Edited by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: Well, Swamp Thing faces spookier foes than most heroes. He even went to Hell in one of the comics. For a villain, something that lurks in the darkness...

#5 Posted by Farkam (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

No they don't need to. More important characters should be re-established before Swamp Thing reappears on the screen again.

#6 Posted by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@kingofash said:

No they don't need to. More important characters should be re-established before Swamp Thing reappears on the screen again.

Wash your mouth out, heathen.

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15787 posts) - - Show Bio

Static, Ben 10, teen titans, nightwing

#8 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

3 more Batman movies

#9 Posted by Farkam (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: Sorry, but he isn't important. Neither is Static, or uh Ben 10. Nightwing shouldn't be a movie priority either.

#10 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, Wonder Woman, MMH, Superboy (young justice maybe)

#11 Edited by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

Communist Superman

#12 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Wonder Woman next

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27382 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: Did you even read the op?

Not counting the obvious ones -Wonder WOman, FLash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter

#14 Posted by Farkam (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27382 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: Beacuse you keep saying Swamp Thing isn't important enough to have a film, well who exactly IS more important?

#16 Edited by Farkam (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: The top DC characters. Especially since they are going to try to make a shared universe like Marvel has done. Swamp Thing should be very low on the list of priorities.

Yes I'm aware of what the thread starter wrote, but that's what should be made/focused on imo, nothing else.

Swamp Thing probably wouldn't sell either.

#17 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27382 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: Del Toro's Dark Universe movie would be amazing if he stuck it closer to Vertigo and stayed away from Heckblazer and JLD

@farkam: and again the OP says no obvious characters like Green Lantern, Wonder Woman ect

#18 Posted by Farkam (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: Del Toro's Dark Universe movie would be amazing if he stuck it closer to Vertigo and stayed away from Heckblazer and JLD

@farkam: and again the OP says no obvious characters like Green Lantern, Wonder Woman ect

Read what I wrote.

#19 Edited by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: Justice League Dark Universe is for real

#20 Posted by Farkam (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by KingOfAsh (3265 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by RDClip (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see a Birds of Prey movie someday, but DC and Marvel seem to be ignoring female superheroes.

#23 Edited by Farkam (3171 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok easy way to go, people belive i am agina with going with the JL movie without their solos movies.

My problem is that Dc try to copy Marvel and decide do a copy in a bad way.

No, my problem is that Marvel has no consequences in their movies, also you never see a huge storyline in all their movies, there is no real interconnection on them.

My DC Multimedia plan.

Wonder Woman gets her own movie, with a cameo of Superman and Batman talking to her about the JL, it work to set the start of thing for the JL events.

The we get the JL movie(No Darkside, since you need more mainstream famous villain at first and you dont want people belive you stole Marvel).

We get a Batman tv show, based on this, it explains how Batman get to this universe, there is no need for more Batman movies at this time, season 1 you explain Clark and Bruce Wayne became friend during their walking around the world years, Zatanna and other gets to be part of the show, again you see how thing start at some point.

Batman season 1 end with him being Batman and going to fight Green Arrow who he sees as an evil person, then we know Bruce and Oliver know each other and work together, this explains again Bruce relationship with the JL and why Arrow is part of it, you see the JL before events in this season.

Arrow introduces a new Green Lantern(Nathan Fillion) so it could be a sequel or a reboot version, since it looks older no one will be sure, also Arrow talk with Hal about the JL, you see the JL before events in this season.

We get a Green Lantern/Arrow movie with a cameos of Flash and Aquaman, we see again how the JL got made.

We get an Aquaman movie, this explains pretty much the villains and give youa bigger picture of what was actually happening n the JL movie, here we get cameos of Batman and Wonder Woman to talk with Aquaman about the JL.

Flash movie, you see cameos of Superman and how he joins the JL, this is when you see the after events and when you start building the nex part and the universe starts getting bigger, also you see hint to the JL 2 plot and new heroes that will join.

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (56937 posts) - - Show Bio

He already had a few :p

BB

#26 Posted by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman, Swamp Thing and Shazam would be awesome.

#27 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio

BAM!

Don't forget his cartoon's kick-ass theme song!

Swamp Thing! You are amazing!

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#29 Edited by laflux (11078 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by trebean (608 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: I heard they are making a Ms Marvel movie. I think they should try and make a Supergirl movie. Question is, should they have her appear in one of the Man of Steel Movie's or make her have her own. A Starfire movie too.

#32 Posted by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluff_: I agree, I love how Shazam is in the new comic and he would fit in great with the dramatic syle of DC, instead of that peppy little bastard.

#33 Edited by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92 said:

@bluff_: I agree, I love how Shazam is in the new comic and he would fit in great with the dramatic syle of DC, instead of that peppy little bastard.

I like preppy Shazam though....

But yeah, Shazam could be awesome if done right. It could also be very bad if done wrong.

#34 Posted by charlieboy (7138 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Supergirl movie. Teen Titans would be a good choice.

#35 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4043 posts) - - Show Bio

How about making a successful movie about any character besides Bats or Supes?

#37 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

A green arrow movie would be cool, as would a Shazam, and Swamp Thing, although Swamp Thing might be part of Guillmero Del Toro's "Dark Universe" movie and may not crossover with the othe DC franchises. They should reboot GL. That movie has to bad of a reputation for them to use it in Justice League.

#38 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

first start off with solo films for Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and then Justice League. Umm I hope they don't reboot Green Lantern and just make a Green Lantern 2 with someone else as Hal Jordan (like they did with Bruce Banner in the Avengers). I don't want a reboot so soon, no matter the critical reception of the movie. Just pick a new actor and forget about the past. After the Justice League, then go for Batman reboot, Green Arrow, and maybe Nightwing. Then include some sequels to the solo films I mentioned earlier.

Phase 1:

Wonder Woman: I'd like the movies to have Ares or Hades and work hard on creating a beautiful Amazon and make the whole fantasy appealing. It is important not to make her seem stupid on the silver screen to those who do not know her well. Maybe change the costume?

Flash: the Rogues first, then Zoom in the sequel. I think it is very important to capture Barry Allen's lovable personality. Maybe introduce Wally West or Bart Allen in the sequel (and lead to a Teen Titans movie??)

Aquaman: easily Ocean Master or Black Manta. It is HUGE to establish a strong, fantasy world of Atlantis kind of like Asgard in Thor's movies. Follow the New 52

Justice League: this is where you introduce the new actor for Hal Jordan, and Batman (unless they give him a cameo/after credits scene in previous movies). I want a team of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Hal Jordan, and Aquaman. (introduce Martian Manhunter in a Justice League sequel). Keep the team smaller for safety. I'm not sure who should be the villain here (I want to save Darkseid for Justice League 2). I think they could use Vandal Savage, or maybe a teammate of Lex Luthor and the Joker(!).

Phase 2:

Green Lantern 2: Hal Jordan battles the Sinestro Corps. Mark Strong has to be Sinestro. Start to introduce the other lantern corps

Green Arrow: It'd be cool to see Deathstroke as the villain. Introduce Black Canary, or Red Arrow

Batman: skip the origin story and just pick up after Justice League. Worthy villains include: Clayface, Poison Ivy, Riddler. Have Dick Grayson fight alongside Batman as Robin

Nightwing (Maybe?): this has to come after the reboot for Batman. Robin becomes Nightwing. Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl and could team-up with him. Short appearance from Batman and new Robin: Jason Todd!

Wonder Woman and/or Flash sequel

Man of Steel 2: Lex Luthor; introduce Darkseid

Justice League 2: Team is Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter. FIGHT DARKSEID

In the future: Shazam movie, Batman reboot could center around Jason Todd's death and rebirth as Red Hood (introduce Tim Drake). Teen Titans led by Tim Drake. Red Hood and the Outlaws movie (jason todd, red arrow, starfire).

#39 Posted by MightySpidey (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice Society of America

#40 Posted by Bogey (929 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotworld!

#41 Posted by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw Man of Steel. Ideas for next movie, US govermant has his cousin and guess who was hired do dissect her, Our favorite baldy ever. If they introduce Kara, I think they could make a Supergirl movie.

#42 Posted by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw Man of Steel. Ideas for next movie, US govermant has his cousin and guess who was hired do dissect her, Our favorite baldy ever. If they introduce Kara, I think they could make a Supergirl movie.

#43 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd live action would totally work, except for the character not having mass appeal.

#44 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

DC should make the obvious choices when it comes to movies.

#45 Posted by TheHipKid (7195 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: I love all robins except that damn Tim Drake. I love Nightwing and Red Hood more as what they are now and not as the robins they were, My favorite Robin was Damian. But for that to happen theyd have to reboot batman and introduce those characters (like they did with Xmen).

@hbktimhbk: I know that they should bring out the obvious ones but Marvel is starting to run out of obivious ones and are going to start to bring ones that people have never heard of. Ive seen the gaurdias of the galaxy comic but I dont know jack shit about it