#1 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me, or is it insanely hard to find people you feel compatible with these days?

I turn to the internet because the internet knows all..and if its online it must be true. xD

#2 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

It will find you. When you least expect it.

#3 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

not really....you just need to get out there and meet people....you're not going to find someone online (unless you're Mistress Redhead and Final Arrow) .... I don't know how old you are and I'm not advocating drinking but if you're old enough go out with some friends to a bar or club and mingle around....also remember that "compatible" does not mean "likes everything you like".... most of the girls I've dated don't like comics or nerd stuff at all but I feel like I was compatible with every single one of them

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I date occasionally for fun. Normally I don't go in with any high expectations, and I just have fun and don't take things too seriously. 

In my opinion, 9 times out of 10, you're going to have fun on a date, and maybe you'll date that person for a few times more after that. But it's rare that you'll find someone who you'll want to continuously date and get to know on a much deeper level. Just keep your head up.

#5 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress: I have been told that many a times. I dont really go out looking for it like I used to I have taken the "sit back and relax" route as of late..but like A LOT of people come to me for advice about this stuff an I have nothing to say on the subject. Its like watching a train wreck sometimes.

@danhimself: I am old enough to drink haha 3 years over the legal age xD But I think I will share this with my friends, thats some good advice to tell them. And I will also keep it in mind for myself.

@Illuminatus: I actually have found this to be true! I always meet some people that I have fun with but continue to see them as being friend zone material for the most part.

#6 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand using the internet but don't get emotionally attached because things will get crazy

#7 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSpiritStalker: I USED to use the internet to date, like last year...but yeah I never really got much out of it. THANKFULLY, I cosplay which gives me the chance to go to a lot of conventions to meet people. I think as most I meet a lot of people I consider friends online but now a days I dont do online dating..

#8 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

There there now, keep your chin up, you will find love someday........hopefully. 

#9 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja: hahah someday. xD my spirits have lifted 50%

#10 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4637 posts) - - Show Bio

You had me at ASL.

#11 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: oh baby.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (20728 posts) - - Show Bio

i personally find it really REALLY hard to connect with people in general, let alone women, most of the time i either find them annoying or boring.

#13 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

My experience, I only had one boyfriend which didn't worked out, though, we're somewhat friends now. But I have a feeling that he wants me back...

As I was saying, you'll find your love one day. Even if you don't, you can can still be single and happy.

#14 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Just hang in there, the right person will find you. Even if it takes you your entire life.

I find it hard to connect with people because I am rather emotionless on the outside and I'm pretty sure most women think I'm some sort of psychopath, even though I'm pretty much the complete opposite on the inside.

#15 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: thats my deal. I either find them way too boring or just someone I only see being friends with.

@DarkShadows: I was raised by a single parent, so thankfully I was raised to appreciate and make life livable being single. My moms been a huge inspiration for me. If I end up single for longer, I am totally okay with that. I just think its funny that when I was in high school it was way easier vs. being a 23 year old.

@YoggSaron: I have a weird thing for the psychopaths. I think it spawns from growing up watching horror movies and spending majority of my days doing just that xD

#16 Posted by Phylos (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

I date occasionally for fun. Normally I don't go in with any high expectations, and I just have fun and don't take things too seriously. In my opinion, 9 times out of 10, you're going to have fun on a date, and maybe you'll date that person for a few times more after that. But it's rare that you'll find someone who you'll want to continuously date and get to know on a much deeper level. Just keep your head up.
#17 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

To quote Fight Club, remember you are not your job. You are not comic books. Just remember that just because you like a certain thing, doesn't mean they have to, as well.

#18 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@AlyxLaufeyson said:

Is it just me, or is it insanely hard to find people you feel compatible with these days?

I turn to the internet because the internet knows all..and if its online it must be true. xD

IT AIN'T JUST YOU!!!!

#19 Posted by DeadpoolvIronFist (2416 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I've dated plenty of people. Its not that hard to be "compatible with someone".

#20 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you have a point yes. But my view only extends to locally, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm an individual as far as individuality goes, so compatibility is naturally a little hard to find. Locally I mean I live in the United States. As things stand right now, we're in a very conservative time where people are less trusting, more worried, less apt to as much outside what benefits them and/or works towards fixing their current real world problems or in the least insures their future against bleak forecasts. This is opposed to the generational mindset the country was in prior where people being more open of themselves and expressive, as well as people in general where a little more apt to take risks. I've seen a little shift in the dating scene as a result, it becoming more conservative and uptight overall as well. So not saying there's nothing out there, but I think there's less compatibility, at least in the way of acceptability and free love.

#21 Posted by jack16ichigo (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@AlyxLaufeyson said:

IT AIN'T JUST YOU!!!!

i agree ^

#22 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in then I'm out. I never put myself in a position where I can get hurt. I'm all for being mutual, it's just a little hard to find someone who will put up with the things that I love. I'm too young to be thinking about marriage and commitment. In a perfect world I'll find a gorgeous brunette, classy, who loves to play video games and read comics, goes to the gym every other day.. maybe have a sweet job too. Until then it's back to the drawing board.

#23 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReverseNegative: Oh I know. Just because I said compatible doesnt mean it has anything to do with comic books.

@CATPANEXE: you've made som valid points here.

@SmoothJammin: I think its nice to know what you want though. Im sure that'll happen haha there are PLENTY of people out there

#24 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i have that problem to bit trying to find people who have things in common with, i just had a very bad break up with my first girlfriend just last week and right now i just need a friend and later a relationship but after what i went through the one thing i learned is that you have to take it slow try to keep things simple cause she was looking for a husband and i was looking for a girlfriend

#25 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, bud whats the hurry? Enjoy your life, and live it. If you can't connect with a certain person, then dont stress, because for all you know, you might have been looking in the wrong direction. You may have known this person your whole life, and yet you don't connect immediately :)

#26 Posted by AlyxLaufeyson (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vincent92: I was engaged 3 years ago. Now, marriage is the last thing on my mind and something I actually am not fond of anymore. Idk, I don't wanna get married..ever.

@nickthedevil: That's good advice :D

#27 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, marraiige is a big step and like i feel the same way at the moment about it

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

I never go looking. One always comes around.

You just got do 'you,' and be patient with it.