#1 Edited by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

I really want to know more about the lore. How does the kingdom in DS 2 relate to Lordran, and the people who inhabited it?

#3 Posted by ShootingNova (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this to kick my a$$!

#4 Edited by Immortal777 (7357 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not ready for this..........I'm............I'm just not ready *gets in fetal position*

#5 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this game taken place before the events of Dark Souls 1?

#6 Posted by BumpyBoo (8620 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo Just watched it. Its shaping up to be the only game I play for the 6 months after it comes out.

@jedixman @wario1988 From what I've seen of the beta item descriptions it's looking that its set many many years after the first game. A lot of the descriptions mention things from the first game as long forgotten.

#8 Posted by BumpyBoo (8620 posts) - - Show Bio

@capt_keggins: Uh oh! I remember your opium-esque addiction to the first one O_O

#9 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo Thats not fair. I only put 450 hours into it.

Im not addicted I can stop anytime!

#10 Posted by BumpyBoo (8620 posts) - - Show Bio

@capt_keggins: That's what you said about pigeon fancying and now look at you. Covered in peck marks and poo.

#11 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo You started me with the pigeons. Like some kind of avian pimp. Shame

#12 Posted by BumpyBoo (8620 posts) - - Show Bio

@capt_keggins: But I'm not running game on anyone! :O *innocent look*

#13 Posted by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman @wario1988 From what I've seen of the beta item descriptions it's looking that its set many many years after the first game. A lot of the descriptions mention things from the first game as long forgotten.

The problem is, Lordran is in a time loop. People theorize that the first game takes place over 1,000 years - at least to the Chosen Undead. Also, the things that happened in Lordran could relate to the fall of the ancient lords.

#14 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman That's what I love about FROM. They don't make it easy. But in the same way that Oolacile Royal forest feels like the Alvina's forest but backwards, maybe the new game follows that logic that everything is fluid except for the major events.

As far as i'm aware a version of the painted world was shown in a previous trailer swarming with dragons when all of the dragons apart from the Everlasting were killed around the time of Gwyn. That led me to believe initially that dark souls 2 was a prequel but the one thing I normally count on to make sense of things is the item descriptions. Based on that i think will be looking at many many years after Dark souls.

I'm probably wrong but figuring it out is the fun of the souls games.

#15 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9601 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't beat the first one. I've had to start over twice due to PS3 issues >_>

But still, I can't wait for this!

#16 Posted by JediXMan (30344 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman That's what I love about FROM. They don't make it easy. But in the same way that Oolacile Royal forest feels like the Alvina's forest but backwards, maybe the new game follows that logic that everything is fluid except for the major events.

As far as i'm aware a version of the painted world was shown in a previous trailer swarming with dragons when all of the dragons apart from the Everlasting were killed around the time of Gwyn. That led me to believe initially that dark souls 2 was a prequel but the one thing I normally count on to make sense of things is the item descriptions. Based on that i think will be looking at many many years after Dark souls.

I'm probably wrong but figuring it out is the fun of the souls games.

O_O I just realized that the area with the dragons was exactly like the Painted World of Ariamis (one of my absolute favorite locations in the game, second to Anor Londo). Maybe we'll get into her past? Priscilla is a hybrid, after all. So maybe we'll see the creation of the Painted World.

Since time appears fluid, it's possible that the main character will see into the past during certain levels. Now that sounds intriguing.

Also, I am all for a prequel game. Honestly, the lore is interesting enough to me to have a spin-off RPG (a more story-driven, less action-based RPG). I realize that isn't what Dark Souls is about, which is why I'd prefer it to be a spin-off, not a successor.

#17 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman I totally agree. Showing the time just after Gwyn defeats the dragons would be epic. I have a theory about Priscilla. I think her parents could possibly be Gwynevere and Seath. She is a half dragon but scaleless, also the painting she is being held in is overlooked by a statue of Gwynevere. Just seems to make sense.

#18 Posted by Capt_Keggins (42 posts) - - Show Bio