• 132 results
#1 Posted by sohanlon07 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Shocking news that a number of people have been injured and some people killed at a Dark Knight Rises Premier in Denver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa

(Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this so feel free to move).

#2 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god 14 dead.

#3 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

Oh my god 14 dead.

I heard dat.

#4 Edited by The_Tree (7044 posts) - - Show Bio

That's just tragic. My heart definitely goes out to the families that have been affected by this.

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew someone would make a thread as soon as I found out. Im in the other side of the atlantic but as they say, bad news travel fast.

RIP to all and it's just sad. People go to the movies to enjoy themselves, to see something they love or to be inspired. Basically, cinema is life. And instead due to the stupidity of several, sometimes it's death.

it's tragic

#6 Posted by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I work in law enforcement and we were notified of this in my city. This is very tragic and as both an officer, a comic book fan, and a human being my heart goes out to the folks and familes affected by this horrible event.

#7 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow just wow.

my thought's go out to all involved.

#8 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what the motive was...

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard about that this morning, absolutely horrific and I can't imagine what everyone must've gone through.

#10 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading that. its gosh awfully terrible.

#11 Edited by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

some men just want to watch the world burn

#12 Posted by FearTheLiving (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

You know they're going to try and blame this on the movie, instead of the psycho that can't even allow people to enjoy the movie. 14 Dead 50 Injured should have never happened.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@FearTheLiving said:

You know they're going to try and blame this on the movie, instead of the psycho that can't even allow people to enjoy the movie. 14 Dead 50 Injured should have never happened.

I wonder if it was some lunatic trying to make the movie get more publicity. Like, a completely insane delusional fanboy.

That'd be freaky.

#14 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

What can you say about this? It's horrible. My heart goes out to the survivors and the families of the victims.

#15 Posted by MrDirector786 (43370 posts) - - Show Bio

I really just can't believe anyone would do such a thing.

#16 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel so bad for the families :(

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Heard about that this morning, absolutely horrific and I can't imagine what everyone must've gone through.

@MrDirector786 said:

I really just can't believe anyone would do such a thing.

@fodigg said:

What can you say about this? It's horrible. My heart goes out to the survivors and the families of the victims.

@lykopis said:

Those poor families - and there were so many kids there. :(

So close to Colombine too. It's terrible. Supposedly a bomb was in the theatre and two in the parking lot. One person thought it was part of the show....

...Ugh. I can't even think straight.

@TERMINATOR1000 said:

After reading that. its gosh awfully terrible.

@MetalSonic said:

This is very tragic and as both an officer, a comic book fan, and a human being my heart goes out to the folks and familes affected by this horrible event.

@Jorgevy said:

I knew someone would make a thread as soon as I found out. Im in the other side of the atlantic but as they say, bad news travel fast.

RIP to all and it's just sad. People go to the movies to enjoy themselves, to see something they love or to be inspired. Basically, cinema is life. And instead due to the stupidity of several, sometimes it's death.

it's tragic

@The_Tree said:

That's just tragic. My heart definitely goes out to the families that have been affected by this.

@Duke_Nasty said:

Oh my god 14 dead.

All of this.

#18 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2473 posts) - - Show Bio

This is tragic and very sickening.....This sicko should be tortured for the rest of his pathetic life, something worst than death...I heard a 3 month old baby was only injured and is okay (someone needs to have a talk with those jerkoff parents whom brought the baby to a movie in the 1st place, let alone that late at night)

#19 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@handsome_stud said:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

#20 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7075 posts) - - Show Bio

From death threats to actually executing people. Tragic SMH.

#21 Posted by RazzaTazz (9449 posts) - - Show Bio

Any time a gun is used to kill someone it is a tragedy, and when a gun is used like this, it is an embarrassment to our entire human society.  

#22 Posted by Raiiyn (3429 posts) - - Show Bio

I just can't even wrap my head around this.. it's so tragic.. 12 dead ... one of them just survived the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting last month too, poor girl.. just horrific. Thank God they have him in custody. I can't even imagine what the children and other survivors must be going through right now.. =(

#23 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raiiyn said:

12 dead ... one of them just survived the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting last month too

For real ? It's awful.Really.

#24 Posted by Raiiyn (3429 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheThe: I know. It's soo sad. =( I mean you survive one horror, just to die in another barely a month later? It's ridiculous. I don't understand people. What could make someone do something like this... It's sickening.

#25 Edited by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

When I think of the young people that will never get the chance to live their lives out, the loss of the combined life experiences of everyone involved, and the pain of the loved ones involved, my blood boils. Vile.

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

While I was enjoying the movie, people were being injured or worse... What statement was this guy trying make? What was he trying to prove!?

#27 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus...

What the hell is wrong with people.

#28 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet another reason not to go to the theater.

He'll get his though. Once he's in jail and word gets out that a 3 month old got hurt, he'll get his...

#29 Posted by RazzaTazz (9449 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

While I was enjoying the movie, people were being injured or worse... What statement was this guy trying make? What was he trying to prove!?

Most likely just hatred, doesn't really matter what for or who for, hatred is always the same, it is based in ignorance and fueled by violence.  
#30 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7607 posts) - - Show Bio

This man, no MONSTER needs to pay...

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz said:
@Static Shock said:

Most likely just hatred, doesn't really matter what for or who for, hatred is always the same, it is based in ignorance and fueled by violence.  
That's not really accurate. 
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

I agree.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I understand that you may have a difference of opinion, but in most cases, ignorance does beget hatred.

#33 Posted by ARMIV2 (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

My prayers go out to those suffering...this is just...wow...

No need, no need.

What was the motive? What made this sick animal do what he did?

#34 Edited by Delphic (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard about this on the radio this morning. The youngest to die was a three month old infant. I was shocked beyond words. It's so sad. I had friends who went to see mid-night showings of the Dark Knight Rises last night too, and it just disturbed me to think that it could have just as easily had been them. You wonder why in the world people would do something like this. What is it in their mind that makes them think it's the right thing to do to go into a theater full of people and kill them? It's completely insane?

I feel so sorry for the families that lost loved ones to this tragedy, and I hope that the criminal that committed this atrocity gets what he deserves.

#35 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I understand that you may have a difference of opinion, but in most cases, ignorance does beget hatred.

In most cases, sure, but not "always".  

Hatred can be a beautiful thing. Hatred of injustice leads to good. Hatred of heinous acts such as these lead to people trying to make things safer. 

Saying all hatred is the same and stems from ignorance is an ignorant statement in of itself.
#36 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Heard about this after being woken up this morning and told I shouldn't go to the theatres because of it. In truth this only makes me willing to go see it more even if I do agree that this is a terrible tragedy to occur when so many people wanted nothing more than to just enjoy a good film. This punk should be glad the Batman is a fictional character though, because otherwise I dread to to think what would happen to this idiot if the Dark Knight were real.

#37 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Hatred can be a beautiful thing. Hatred of injustice leads to good. Hatred of heinous acts such as these lead to people trying to make things safer.

Makes sense.

#38 Posted by jinxuandi (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick, just sick.

#39 Posted by sagejonathan (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't understand how one human can meaninglessly kill others.

#40 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

This punk should be glad the Batman is a fictional character though, because otherwise I dread to to think what would happen to this idiot if the Dark Knight were real.

Well, first of all, the movie wouldn't exist.

@sagejonathan said:

I can't understand how one human can meaninglessly kill others.

Usually requires a degree of batsh*t crazy. Really anxious to hear what the motive was.

#41 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

This punk should be glad the Batman is a fictional character though, because otherwise I dread to to think what would happen to this idiot if the Dark Knight were real.

Why wouldn't they?
BB

#42 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@handsome_stud said:

Not the time to quote The Joker dude

#43 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Why wouldn't they?
BB

Because that amount of people wouldn't know Bruce was Batman or his life story if he was real?

Maybe a Batman movie would exist, but it wouldn't at all be the same thing.

It'd be guesses and stuff.

#44 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Sure it could. It would be a biopic :)~ I am kidding, of course, you know.

#45 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

They could just do it without the Bruce Wayne part or come up with a new persona :p
BB

#46 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Billy Batson said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Why wouldn't they?
BB

Because that amount of people wouldn't know Bruce was Batman or his life story if he was real?

Plus he would be killed the first time he tries to take on a group of armed criminals.

#47 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: :P I know.

@Billy Batson said:

@InnerVenom123:

They could just do it without the Bruce Wayne part or come up with a new persona :p
BB

"Peter Parker is Batman!"

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Billy Batson said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Why wouldn't they?
BB

Plus he would be killed the first time he tries to take on a group of armed criminals.

Not with his awesome ninja skills he wouldn't.

#48 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@utotheg38 said:

@handsome_stud said:

Not the time to quote The Joker dude

Actually.... he was quoting Alfred.

#49 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to the theater in a bit, this better not happen until the movie's over at least.

#50 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Going to the theater in a bit, this better not happen until the movie's over at least.

It won't happen until you walk outside with your parents.

Look, someone was gonna say it sooner or later.