#1  Edited By wario1988
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Yup, this movie is def. going to make some good money. But I seriously doubt it will make more than TDK did.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Yup, this movie is def. going to make some good money. But I seriously doubt it will make more than TDK did.

Really, why wouldn't you think it would be better, don't forget there is more Imax theatres around now...they charge more 

I wouldn't be surprised if it beats out Avatar or whatever movie is top grossing as of now
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@cattlebattle said:
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Really, why wouldn't you think it would be better, don't forget there is more Imax theatres around now...they charge more  I wouldn't be surprised if it beats out Avatar or whatever movie is top grossing as of now
agreed. It's going to KILL box office records
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Joker and Heath Ledger I think had alot to do with how much the movie made, and how much hype it got.

Batman Begins made around 372 million in the box office. TDK made over a billion. I'm pretty sure TDKR will make well more than Begins did, but I just don't think it will surpass TDK.

Alot of people aren't even aware this movie even exists yet. And more people don't know who the hell Bane is.

But ne ways, I might be proved wrong.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@cattlebattle said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Really, why wouldn't you think it would be better, don't forget there is more Imax theatres around now...they charge more I wouldn't be surprised if it beats out Avatar or whatever movie is top grossing as of now

See, this is the problem I have with the current way box office records go. They go by money earned, not tickets sold. If they went by tickets sold, Avatar wouldn't be as high as it is, since most people saw that in IMAX and 3D, which is more expensive. Gone with the Wind is still #1 if you account for inflation.

On topic, I don't know if TDKR will beat Dark Knight, but it has a possibility.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Avatar made over 2 billion dollars (even near 3 billion) and stayed in theaters for nearly a year, and even came BACK to theaters. I just dont think TDKR will surpass that. Though it would be cool if it did.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Joker and Heath Ledger I think had alot to do with how much the movie made, and how much hype it got.

Batman Begins made around 372 million in the box office. TDK made over a billion. I'm pretty sure TDKR will make well more than Begins did, but I just don't think it will surpass TDK.

Alot of people aren't even aware this movie even exists yet. And more people don't know who the hell Bane is.

But ne ways, I might be proved wrong.

people went to go see movies they weren't interested in seeing (Sherlock Holmes, MI Ghost Protocol) just to see trailers/previews......thats kind of insane right there. I think people are aware of it, the trailers have millions of hits everywhere on the internet 

@JediXMan said:

@cattlebattle said:

See, this is the problem I have with the current way box office records go. They go by money earned, not tickets sold. If they went by tickets sold, Avatar wouldn't be as high as it is, since most people saw that in IMAX and 3D, which is more expensive. Gone with the Wind is still #1 if you account for inflation.

On topic, I don't know if TDKR will beat Dark Knight, but it has a possibility.

Indeed, there is a billion loopholes to advertise a film as "the top grossing movie ever" and other such titles, another has to do with international gross. I'm sure the movie industry isn't shy about cooking books to make the films seem more appealing, for instance if a non movie goer hears a movie is grossing billions he is more likely to see it...Titanic (also James Cameron) also held some BS box office record
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

Alll the jazz about Heath ledger dying before his movie came out was really a booster.... "Death is very often referred to as a good career move."- Buddy Holly

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

In related news: Nolanites certifiably insane? I believe I hear a resounding, "Yes!".

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By HolySerpent

I don't think it would beat the tdk, but come close

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By kingjoeg

Theres a lot of great movies coming out this year. I think the dark knight rises or the hobbit will at least break into the top 10 box office records of all time.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Static Shock

When I said that TDKR would surpass TDK by double its box office numbers in my interview, I wasn't joking. It's not quite there yet, but it will get there.