Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Primmaster64

Did you guys read this???

Update 3: Valve has just told me that anyone who connected their PlayStation Network account to Steam via Portal 2 should not be worried, either. 
"Steam has nothing to do with the PSN outage," said the company in the statement.

Update 2: Regarding rumors Sony may have notified banks days ahead of disclosing today's revelations to the public, I have since contacted customer service representatives at both Bank of America and Chase. I personally have accounts at both financial firms and the representatives claimed to have received no information from Sony about a mass breach of credit information.

Update:  For those who were asking, Sony has just confirmed to me there is currently no way to determine what password you were/are using on PSN. If you're worried at all, you should probably change your password used across the Internet.

Some users have suggested counting the number of "stars" in your saved password as a way to help determine what password you may have been using to access PSN. It's a start.

Sony has been frustratingly quiet about the problems afflicting PlayStation Network since the downtime started last week. Who caused the issue in the first place? When will the service be back online? More importantly, has the disruption opened up my personal information to the intruders?

One, Sony isn't talking specifics, with the latest update on the PlayStation Blog from senior director of corporate communications and social media Patrick Seybold only outlining that the company has identified "a compromise of personal information as a result of an illegal intrusion on our systems."

Two, probably within a week--at least for some parts of PSN. "We have a clear path to have PlayStation Network and Qriocity systems back online, and expect to restore some services within a week," said Seybold. "We’re working day and night to ensure it is done as quickly as possible."

Three, the answer is yes. Here's what was available to intruders: "name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID." It's also "possible" that "your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers" were included.

Unfortunately, credit card details remain a mystery. "While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility," added Seybold. "If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained."

The continued air of "possibility" regarding how severely PSN was compromised, several work days and a full weekend after PSN initially went down, is not a particularly reassuring concept. I'd implore you to read Sony's full statement on the matter at the PlayStation Blog, as the company has complete details on what companies to contact regarding credit card fraud, should you notice any errant activity.

"We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience," reads the end of the statement. "Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information."

Source:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/good-news-psn-back-maybe-within-a-week-bad-news-everything-else-updated/3084/

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I'm sure they'll figure it out. But is the network still down? Caaaaaaause XBox live ain't

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cpt_linger
@texasdeathmatch said:
" I'm sure they'll figure it out. But is the network still down? Caaaaaaause XBox live ain't "
Yes,  *sigh* the network is down and I am about to go Office Space on my Playstation 3!!!!

It'd really stupid that it is down for this long, but they say they are rebuilding it so maybe when it is back it will be back and better than ever! one can only hope...
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Primmaster64

...Its is back online yet? i have to change or delete my account.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@cpt_linger: psssh, that's what you get for paying the cost of NOTHING for Internet access
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

it's bad that they just now let us know that our personal info may have been compromised but to blame the hack on Sony is ridiculous...the people to blame are the hackers...Sony is working to make sure this never happens again...it's frustrating that it seems like it's taking so long but they're rebuilding their entire security system that's not something that they can do in one day....I'd rather they take a little longer to finish and for them to make sure that this situation that has only happened ONCE never happens again

Omarpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Omarpool
@texasdeathmatch said:
" I'm sure they'll figure it out. But is the network still down? Caaaaaaause XBox live ain't "
Owned. :P
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssejllenrad
@texasdeathmatch said:
I bet PS3 purists are regretting their choice right now.. :D
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself
@ssejllenrad said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

I bet PS3 purists are regretting their choice right now.. :D "
why? because some piece of sh!t hackers hacked them?  cause that happened to Xbox a long time ago and they were unsuccessful when it came to PS3 up until this year.....like I said above to try and say that the hack is somehow Sony's fault is ridiculous
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cpt_linger
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By shanana

DAAAAAAANNNG

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@danhimself said:
" @ssejllenrad said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

why? because some piece of sh!t hackers hacked them?  cause that happened to Xbox a long time ago and they were unsuccessful when it came to PS3 up until this year.....like I said above to try and say that the hack is somehow Sony's fault is ridiculous "
All I know is I can play my games online :D
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself
@cpt_linger:  they said it was a POSSIBILITY...not that "all our personal info was in fact stolen"...that link is the same information that was posted above
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @ssejllenrad said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

why? because some piece of sh!t hackers hacked them?  cause that happened to Xbox a long time ago and they were unsuccessful when it came to PS3 up until this year.....like I said above to try and say that the hack is somehow Sony's fault is ridiculous "
All I know is I can play my games online :D "
so can I...since I have both systems....all I'm saying is that blaming the hack on Sony is stupid and saying that this is evidence that Xbox is better than PS3 is stupid also...especially since Xbox was hacked years before the PSN was
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ssejllenrad
@danhimself said:
" @ssejllenrad said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

Never blamed Sony, did I? Just saying a lot of them PS3 fanboys are gonna get pissed. Right now they would be easy prey for fanboys of the other side. :D
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@danhimself said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @ssejllenrad said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

so can I...since I have both systems....all I'm saying is that blaming the hack on Sony is stupid and saying that this is evidence that Xbox is better than PS3 is stupid also...especially since Xbox was hacked years before the PSN was "
I mean has gamer rage ever been reasonable?
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danhimself
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @danhimself said:
" @ssejllenrad said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

so can I...since I have both systems....all I'm saying is that blaming the hack on Sony is stupid and saying that this is evidence that Xbox is better than PS3 is stupid also...especially since Xbox was hacked years before the PSN was "
I mean has gamer rage ever been reasonable? "
no it hasn't...I still get sick of the "my system is better than your system" crap
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssejllenrad
@danhimself: And the best solution is..... Go get all three consoles and upgrade your pc to a gaming monster... :D
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@danhimself: true, but my system is better than yours. haha jk, yeah I don't know, everyone has ps3 at work here and talks shit about my xbox, but I just prefer the Xbox controllers
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primmaster64
@cpt_linger: FffUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ssejllenrad
@texasdeathmatch:  You mean the Dreamcast rip-off controllers? hehehehe!
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danhimself
@ssejllenrad:  I refuse to buy a Wii and I can't afford to build a monster pc...I wish I could though

@texasdeathmatch:  I used to prefer PS controllers but after playing an xbox for a while I really don't prefer either now...I like both systems pretty much equally....the benefit to me having an Xbox though is that I rarely have to buy games...just steal them from my older brother
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Primmaster64

I don't really give a damn if you think the Xbox is better or viceversa...I just want to know...what to do now?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danhimself
@Primmaster64 said:
" I don't really give a damn if you think the Xbox is better or viceversa...I just want to know...what to do now? "
can't do anything until PSN is back up...my advice...don't jump to conclusions...we don't know if the hackers took anything...everyone claims that Anonymous did this just to mess with Sony so for right now all you can do is relax
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Primmaster64
@danhimself: its back tommorow right?
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By danhimself
@Primmaster64: who knows
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64
@danhimself: i'm still worried
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@ssejllenrad said:
" @texasdeathmatch:  You mean the Dreamcast rip-off controllers? hehehehe! "
haha except Dreamcast had those super cool memory cards that you could play crappy games on :P

@danhimself said:
" @ssejllenrad:  I refuse to buy a Wii and I can't afford to build a monster pc...I wish I could though

@texasdeathmatch:  I used to prefer PS controllers but after playing an xbox for a while I really don't prefer either now...I like both systems pretty much equally....the benefit to me having an Xbox though is that I rarely have to buy games...just steal them from my older brother "

Nice, luckily I've recently become gaming retarded so it takes me about 5 months to beat a game...or I just give up
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ssejllenrad
@danhimself said:
" @ssejllenrad:  I refuse to buy a Wii and I can't afford to build a monster pc...I wish I could though

With Kinect and Move, who wants to buy a Wii nowadays. And yeah a gaming PC is expensive. Especially with the maintenance and constant upgrades. I can understand your POV. Still, having both X360 and PS3 would be almost encompassing all decent games nowadays.

@Primmaster64:
Keep your hopes up. If the rumours are correct, Sony is connected with some Yakuza. And you know 'em Yakuzas, they get things done. Hehehe! Yeah I don't help. But hey, at least I tried to cheer ya up! :D
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ssejllenrad
@texasdeathmatch said:
" Nice, luckily I've recently become gaming retarded so it takes me about 5 months to beat a game...or I just give up "
Ain't seeing anything wrong with finishing a game in 5 months. It took me 6 months to finish Red Dead, 5 to finish Dragon Age, 3 to finish Mass Effect, same with its sequel and am still playing Oblivion for about a year! 2 months both on Killzone 2 and Gears 2. I think my play through with FF13 would last 3 months at the least. Hmmmmm... I just realized I'm a gaming retard as well.... :D
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Primmaster64
@ssejllenrad: I'll probably delete the account...if its possible or just stop using it.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ssejllenrad

Good thing Whisey's downtimes were less inconvenient. Maybe Sony's problems are more severe but whatever. Whiskey rules!

Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CurbsideProphet

They told me my credit card and life data is at risk.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@ssejllenrad said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" Nice, luckily I've recently become gaming retarded so it takes me about 5 months to beat a game...or I just give up "
Ain't seeing anything wrong with finishing a game in 5 months. It took me 6 months to finish Red Dead, 5 to finish Dragon Age, 3 to finish Mass Effect, same with its sequel and am still playing Oblivion for about a year! 2 months both on Killzone 2 and Gears 2. I think my play through with FF13 would last 3 months at the least. Hmmmmm... I just realized I'm a gaming retard as well.... :D "
Yeah, I'm still sitting on Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, and I impulsively bought Crysis 2 last weekend. None of them are beaten yet.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Primmaster64
@CurbsideProphet: Where...life data?
Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@Primmaster64:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1164194p1.html
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheCerealKillz

OH NOEZ CANT PLAY M- Wait Playstation 3?

I gots an Xbox 360!!!!

*Fanboyism*

But screw both for that new Nintendo ****!
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Grand Ninja

Cool Story Bro.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OmegaDynasty

I have a PS3. However, I haven't really bought anything at their online stores. Unless Netflix is some how compromised via sony, I don't think it would be. 

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

Things suck. Technology needs to get more advanced....

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Nintendo rules!!!
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By isaac_clarke

@texasdeathmatch said:

"I'm sure they'll figure it out. But is the network still down? Caaaaaaause XBox live ain't "

And Xbox Live has never been down before *cough* 2007 *cough*. Lol.

@Primmaster64 said:

"...Its is back online yet? i have to change or delete my account. "

I wouldn't have a clue why you wouldn't just change your password, deleting the account seems a tad bit on the excessive side when whatever information someone did jack it aint going to be deleted when you delete.

ssejllenrad said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

Nope, not in the least.

I can live playing games not online for over a week,due to the abundance of non online gamming titles I have to clear through, not to mention beautiful weather outside.

=P

@cpt_linger said:

"

UPDATE!!!

It turns out all our personal info was in fact stolen and sony say it will be up to a week before PSN if back online....

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Edit:  http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2014881731_sony_psn_update_maybe_back_in.html

^^ Link Resource Bib0iograhwatever

"

Nope

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Billy Batson

Doesn't affect me

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By Rudyftw

I'm switching to P.C ...... Sony has been such a downer lately... 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By danhimself
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @ssejllenrad said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
Ain't seeing anything wrong with finishing a game in 5 months. It took me 6 months to finish Red Dead, 5 to finish Dragon Age, 3 to finish Mass Effect, same with its sequel and am still playing Oblivion for about a year! 2 months both on Killzone 2 and Gears 2. I think my play through with FF13 would last 3 months at the least. Hmmmmm... I just realized I'm a gaming retard as well.... :D "
Yeah, I'm still sitting on Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, and I impulsively bought Crysis 2 last weekend. None of them are beaten yet. "
I think all of those are pretty decent times...if you have a job then you can't devote days of time to playing a game
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By HolySerpent

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xbox 360.

even without the online

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@danhimself said:
" it's bad that they just now let us know that our personal info may have been compromised but to blame the hack on Sony is ridiculous...the people to blame are the hackers...Sony is working to make sure this never happens again...it's frustrating that it seems like it's taking so long but they're rebuilding their entire security system that's not something that they can do in one day....I'd rather they take a little longer to finish and for them to make sure that this situation that has only happened ONCE never happens again "
This. The people who blame Sony need to have their heads examined.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

all this stuff just seems too complicated for me these days. Whatever happened to walking over to a friend's house and playing video games?
Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty said:
"I have a PS3. However, I haven't really bought anything at their online stores. Unless Netflix is some how compromised via sony, I don't think it would be.  "
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By Caligula

X-Box pwns PS3 again. What a crappy system the PS3 is man. hahahahahahaha.
to all sony fans remember, you get what you paid for... (sony users "derp I likes da PSN cause she is free.")
looks like there is a reason it's free.