Damian Wayne: Worst. Batkid. EVER!

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

Edited By SevanGrim

When Damian Wayne first showed up as the angry son of Batman, i was like "oh hey! This should be pretty cool!". He clashed with everybody, was a trained killer, and he WORE SPIKED KNUCKLES!

....and then he became Robin. And not because the previous (and best) Robin Tim Drake died or moved on, but out of pure Bat favoritism. Bruce Wayne's "this is my REAL son by blood and i never had to change his diapers so i love him" favoritism. What the heck? Since then, it has become apparent that while Damian Wayne is a grade a bowl of awesome sauce, hes also the WORST BATKID EVER!

In the past, the worst thing a batkid ever did was run off and get himself killed. Jason disobeyed batman and went head on against the Joker. Well, ok, i guess technically the worst thing he did was come back and attack the Bat-team, but that was after he sort of renounced them.

Seriously though, while working under the Bat, no one has ever done as much wrong as Damian has. He's brutally attacked Tim Drake, Undermined Dick and Alfred AND Stephanie at every turn, brutalized several villains beyond whats acceptable, disobeyed Batman several times, and recently (SPOILERS!!!!!) in Batman and Robin #7 hes killed a man .

Worst Ever. I cant wait for him to turn villain.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The brat's growing on me....

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Video_Martian

Ah, he's fine. Everyone should stop complaining about him... -_-

barryallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By barryallen

I don't think he actually killed him did he?! Just did the move to knock him out

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren
No Caption Provided
Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I don't like the idea of Bruce having a biological son. I much prefer him adopting kids who got stuck in terrible situations, it was poetic in a way... and him having a biological son felt like it threw off the balance to me.

However, Damien has been growing on me in some ways. I suppose the best way to phrase this would be; I like Damien, but I don't like the IDEA of Damien.

If he were to ever wind up taking on a villainous role, I personally would rather have him be an enemy to Tim Drake than Bruce directly. It would be cool to see him as a nemesis to Tim in the future. However, as it stands, I kind of like the violent little brat as Robin... adds a lot of flare to a well-worn concept, you know?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

I'll say this much, he made for a pretty freaking epic Batman.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

"And not because the previous (and best) Robin Tim Drake"

He is the worst.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

Damian as a villain? yeah I'm sure a 10 year old villain sounds very exciting.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad

I like Damian. He's dark. Batman characters are dark. Yeah he's got not principle like his pops but he's just a kid. He's a deviation but I don't see anything wrong with that (yet). But I do prefer Bruce's other biological son, Terry.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@entropy_aegis said:

Tell that to X-men.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

@god_spawn said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Tell that to X-men.

LOL

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _Black

Damian is different. I like him.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperShafe

@TheWholeDamnShow: Explain to me your logic please because quite frankly the only thing that separates Tim from Dick and Jayson in a negative way is that he wasn't chosen by Batman. of course neither was Damien. Tim is the only one who thinks like Batman and in the future if called upon could be an even better Batman than Bruce. His brain makes him a great fighter much in the same way that Bruce is a great fighter, with prep time he can't lose, I mean look at the way that he took down the league of Spiders. He's also ruthless like Jayson (Pre-killing) and at times treats crime fighting with the joy that Dick does. I feel that objectively it's going to be very hard to argue that Tim is not the best but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

When I first started to read issues with Damian I hated him. He was a character that I could not stand when I read bat titles. But as I read more issues with him he began to grow on me. I think if you read enough issues with him in it. He will start to grow on you because you learn why he does these things. I think he is a character that has alot of potential.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
Carrie Kelly 
Carrie Kelly 
Checkmate.  

At least Damian has a personality, unlike say, Dick or Tim. 
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Damian is the best and most interesting Robin.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt: Tim has a personality 

but anyway, I like Damian...he's a unique character
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@SuperShafe said:

@TheWholeDamnShow: Explain to me your logic please because quite frankly the only thing that separates Tim from Dick and Jayson in a negative way is that he wasn't chosen by Batman. of course neither was Damien. Tim is the only one who thinks like Batman and in the future if called upon could be an even better Batman than Bruce. His brain makes him a great fighter much in the same way that Bruce is a great fighter, with prep time he can't lose, I mean look at the way that he took down the league of Spiders. He's also ruthless like Jayson (Pre-killing) and at times treats crime fighting with the joy that Dick does. I feel that objectively it's going to be very hard to argue that Tim is not the best but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Well to be honest all the Robins, ESPECIALLY Dick are annoying, but Drake is the worst. He is the worst because he is the MOST boring.... Period. Also, if Drake was so much better than Batman, he wouldn't be running around with big red wings going by the generic leftover name "Red Robin".

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

@FadeToBlackBolt: Dick has a personality though,Tim had it years ago.

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cracker_jack

I bet Bruce misses the good old days with Grayson.

mbembet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mbembet

Damian is the greatest robin! all other robin before him are fags

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By progenitorigin

Never cared for Robin as a character. I like Nightwing, and I can respect Tim as a character, but Jason Todd's take on Batman was just plain epic.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@mbembet said:
Never use that word on this website again.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HolySerpent

I like damian

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Billy Batson

Kid needs a spanking.

BB

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

First I didn't like him at all but with time I'm starting to like him more and more.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By SoA

i rather brutal and out of control then a yes sir no sir kinda of character(early dick grayson as robin) or a tim drake clone (nothing wrong with tim ) it gives contrast , dick became his own identity as nightwing and follows through as more the superhero than detective(crime fighting and heroics) tim follows more of the tactician and detective aspect . damien has the training to use lethal force and isn't afraid to implement that training and brutality does he come across as a psycho yes but he will grow to be a punisher like character .yes , alot of people are against that kind of person but there has to be a contrast and i see nothing wrong with it. though im pretty sure the counter point / response is gonna be a whiny "heroes do not kill waaah waah " and "tim is better "

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock

@mbembet said:

We have Viners here that are openly homosexual. Don't ever use that word again. That's a warning.

Thank you.

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian is by far the best most interesting Robin there ever was.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By jrock85

He's grown on me.

Has anyone noticed that he and Alfred seem to have a closer relationship in the DCnU?

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SevanGrim

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

"And not because the previous (and best) Robin Tim Drake"

He is the worst.

he was the closest thing we had to a second Bruce before the NDCu happened. He was the only tactician/detective, and because he suposed to be the worst fighter, no one knew how to write him. But every single great Robin idea came from his characters run. Throwing Rs. His own car. The Bow staff. being an actual tactician. having a not fruity costume. All the Cartoons and re imaginations of past robins now inject half of his character onto Dick or Jason's name and personality.

All i can say is for the so called "worst Robin" he has an epic success rate. And also consider he did it all while hiding the truth from his father, something that none of the others before him had to do.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SevanGrim

@SuperShafe said:

this.

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

@SuperShafe said:

Well to be honest all the Robins, ESPECIALLY Dick are annoying, but Drake is the worst. He is the worst because he is the MOST boring.... Period. Also, if Drake was so much better than Batman, he wouldn't be running around with big red wings going by the generic leftover name "Red Robin".

Firstly, what happened to Drake is the same thing that happened to your precious Grayson, except at least this time it was batmans trained flesh and blood and not some street thug with potential. Bruce took the Robin mantle from him because he wanted to keep his murderous son close, but before then it was obvious that he held Tim in high regard, allowing him to be in the out of control young justice, and allowing him to sneak and be Robin behind his fathers back, AND giving him all his own gear. Nightwing used old bat gear until well after Robin started.

And boring? Tim Drakes inclusions in Young Justice and NightFall alone show more range in the character than anything Dick has ever done. He' the only Robin whos internal dialogue was ever as intelligent an as Batmans. Tim having to hide his Robin identity from his parents is something Dick never had to do, and Tim did it while being Batmans partner AND running around with Young Justice for years. He actually had a solo career as a 14 year old. Dick didnt start doing things on his own college... and then he stopped being solo as soon as the Titans formed. His character was defined by the Titans. Before and after them, he was just a happy acrobat.

And you do realize DC wanted to kill Dick in IC because he wasnt growing as a character right? Once he hit Nightwing, his growth just sort of stopped, and the only freshness he ever got was a new "Love" to add to the ever growing list of women he slept with. Greyson has always been the most boring robin, but he's the first so everyone lets all his flaws and character contradictions slide.

Tim? Worst fighter. less motivation (no dead or deadbeat parents). Less free time. Less natural skill (wasnt surviving on the streets or an acrobat before bruce found him)

Smartest. Most loyal. Most original. Most inventive. Best track record. NOT the worst or most boring.

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@Grim said:

@SuperShafe said:

this.

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

@SuperShafe said:

Firstly, what happened to Drake is the same thing that happened to your precious Grayson, except at least this time it was batmans trained flesh and blood and not some street thug with potential. Bruce took the Robin mantle from him because he wanted to keep his murderous son close, but before then it was obvious that he held Tim in high regard, allowing him to be in the out of control young justice, and allowing him to sneak and be Robin behind his fathers back, AND giving him all his own gear. Nightwing used old bat gear until well after Robin started.

And boring? Tim Drakes inclusions in Young Justice and NightFall alone show more range in the character than anything Dick has ever done. He' the only Robin whos internal dialogue was ever as intelligent an as Batmans. Tim having to hide his Robin identity from his parents is something Dick never had to do, and Tim did it while being Batmans partner AND running around with Young Justice for years. He actually had a solo career as a 14 year old. Dick didnt start doing things on his own college... and then he stopped being solo as soon as the Titans formed. His character was defined by the Titans. Before and after them, he was just a happy acrobat.

And you do realize DC wanted to kill Dick in IC because he wasnt growing as a character right? Once he hit Nightwing, his growth just sort of stopped, and the only freshness he ever got was a new "Love" to add to the ever growing list of women he slept with. Greyson has always been the most boring robin, but he's the first so everyone lets all his flaws and character contradictions slide.

Tim? Worst fighter. less motivation (no dead or deadbeat parents). Less free time. Less natural skill (wasnt surviving on the streets or an acrobat before bruce found him)

Smartest. Most loyal. Most original. Most inventive. Best track record. NOT the worst or most boring.

Just because Tim is a great detective doesn't make him anywhere near Batman's skill level or any of the other Robin's skill level. Tim isn't the first character to hide his identity from his parents and he won't be the last, so it's not really that big of a deal. Dude... even Damian kicked Drake's ass.... how sad it that? "Your precious Grayson"? Dude... I HATE Grayson... more than Tim, but just because I hate him doesn't side from the fact that Tim is the most dry, boring, and watered down character in the whole DC universe, both new and old. He's like a small mixture of everyone he comes in contact to, so what that says to me is that maybe he's so dull and unoriginal that the writers had no other option BUT to make him the way he is. The one thing i'll give you is the whole "People wanted to kill Nightwing" thing. But at least he got around, if you catch my drift. That little characteristic makes Grayson less lame than Drake.

He is the worst fighter because he sucks, period. Bat Girl (Any of them) could probably kick his ass, one on one. Less motivated because he has no dead or dead beat parents? DUDE! BATMAN ADOPTED HIM! What does that say about his parents?

Smartest? Sure.. maybe. Most Loyal? Hell no. If any of the Robins are the most loyal as of now, it's Damian. Kid gave up the life to be an assassin, his fortune and his own mother just to be Robin. Most inventive... ok, sure? Best track record, YUP! (I don't consider that a good thing, btw). Another aspect of boring IMO. THEE WORST AND MOST BORING. PERIOD. FIN.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SevanGrim

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

Just because Tim is a great detective doesn't make him anywhere near Batman's skill level or any of the other Robin's skill level. Tim isn't the first character to hide his identity from his parents and he won't be the last, so it's not really that big of a deal. Dude... even Damian kicked Drake's ass.... how sad it that? "Your precious Grayson"? Dude... I HATE Grayson... more than Tim, but just because I hate him doesn't side from the fact that Tim is the most dry, boring, and watered down character in the whole DC universe, both new and old. He's like a small mixture of everyone he comes in contact to, so what that says to me is that maybe he's so dull and unoriginal that the writers had no other option BUT to make him the way he is. The one thing i'll give you is the whole "People wanted to kill Nightwing" thing. But at least he got around, if you catch my drift. That little characteristic makes Grayson less lame than Drake.

He is the worst fighter because he sucks, period. Bat Girl (Any of them) could probably kick his ass, one on one. Less motivated because he has no dead or dead beat parents? DUDE! BATMAN ADOPTED HIM! What does that say about his parents?

Smartest? Sure.. maybe. Most Loyal? Hell no. If any of the Robins are the most loyal as of now, it's Damian. Kid gave up the life to be an assassin, his fortune and his own mother just to be Robin. Most inventive... ok, sure? Best track record, YUP! (I don't consider that a good thing, btw). Another aspect of boring IMO. THEE WORST AND MOST BORING. PERIOD. FIN.

i love the way you twist things around to avoid the topics. Tim is the best batfamily Detective and tactician, second only to bruce. He put together that Bruce was stuck in a time loop when everyone else thought he was dead, a testament to his intelligence AND loyalty. And he's the first batkid to hide his identity. Bruce adopted him because his fatehr died years after he had become robin. He was robin as a 10 or 11 year old, his father died right before he graduated high school. (What does that say about your grasp on the facts?)

Small mixture of everyone he comes into contact with? you are once again confused. When Tim was in Young Justice, he was surrounded by Impulse/ Bart Allen who is all jokes, Superboy who was an arogant rebel, and Wonder girl who was very much incesicive and nervous 90% of the time. Tim Drake has never taken on any of those traits. He has always been stern and focused. He rarely jokes and he never rebels without intelligent cause, and hes never like "um idk you guys" unless its because the whole team was about to do something stupid and he had to decide whether to let them get in trouble or tag along for damage control.

Now NIGHTWING is the one who's character was randomly loyal, randomly rebellious as Robin. People still make fun of his Robin for all the idiot things he said and did back then. Eventually he did get smarter, and then HE is the one who didnt have a defined character, and ended up absorbing others. his witty quips? picked those up from Wally West. His flirt with everyone routine? Got that from Speedy. He only even became a leader because everyone in the team liked him (because he was a combo of all of them). As i said, His character was defined by the Titans. Before then, h was really very similar to Superboy when he was still on his own.

Tim has only been beaten up badly in a fair fight ONCE! Cassandra Cain. He can never beat her because she will always know what his alternate plan is, as she can virtually read his mind while they are fighting. Damion Jumped him, but Tim and him have scuffled since and now Tim knows his game. Jason jumped him in Titans Tower, and set up a planned trap in Battle for the Cowl because he knew if either Tim or Dick showed up he would have a hard time. And Tim has fought and gotten the underhand on Dick before. When Tim wanted to use a Lazerous Pit and Dick didnt want him to. Tim got to the pit, and could have used it, but Dick TALKED him down from it. He did not beat him. He talked him down after Tim technically beat HIM.

finally. He is the most loyal. Damian's contribution to the Batfamily wasnt about loyalty. His mother bread him to be batman. It was about legacy and honor for him. He has already broken a bunch of Batmans rules. Wheres the loyalty there? he gave up being an assassin to be a future BATMAN. He gave no shits about being Robin. he gave up a fortune to get A FORTUNE. He did not really abandon his mother until he realized SHE PUT A REMOTE CONTROL IN HIS SPINE! So your entire Damian loyalty argument is SUPER INVALID.

whatever. Your Robin/Batfam knowledge is shoddy. At the end of the day, Tim has done nearly as much as Dick (except hes not a man whore) at a younger age. The DCU respected Tim as much as they respect Dick before the nDCu (superman has defaulted to Both of them. Entire teams have followed both of their leads. Difference? Tim was about 7 years younger). And if being a really good hero is boring, well then yeah i guess hes boring. Cuz hes still an ace hero considering what hes been dealt. While Dick and Damian and Cassandra were raised in this active adventure lifestyle, Tim was raised normal like you and me. He was a thinker. That was it. And now he's one of the best. And if DC hadn't reset him, he would have eventually gotten to Dicks level. Hell, by the end of his solo comic he almost was.

Sner2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sner2000

I love him, and I love him specifically BECAUSE he's such a little snot. He's entertaining. Also, like Tinker Bell, he's there SO THAT WE CAN HATE HIM. He's the character we "love to hate." (Though I don't hate him at all.) I think he's a really insecure kid, desperately trying to turn his life around. He's never really known love and affection or friendship, so he puts up walls of arrogance and attitude. I don't think he'll ever have what it takes to be Batman, but I always swell with laughter whenever I read his dialogue. He's great! ^_^
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rogue_mar1e

@Sner2000 said:

I love him, and I love him specifically BECAUSE he's such a little snot. He's entertaining. Also, like Tinker Bell, he's there SO THAT WE CAN HATE HIM. He's the character we "love to hate." (Though I don't hate him at all.) I think he's a really insecure kid, desperately trying to turn his life around. He's never really known love and affection or friendship, so he puts up walls of arrogance and attitude. I don't think he'll ever have what it takes to be Batman, but I always swell with laughter whenever I read his dialogue. He's great! ^_^

This

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Croaker

He's bratty, but has potential. Not the best Robin, but an interesting character nonetheless. I still think it makes little sense that Bruce made him a Robin, though. I get that it's a way to steer him in a non-homicidal direction, but giving him the chance to pummel people who might deserve more, depending on one's ethics, might not be the best idea. Don't like the way the little bastard talks to Alfred and Tim.

On a side note, I quit smoking so no one has to throw me fags anymore. Cheers, mates.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SevanGrim

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Carrie Kelly
Carrie Kelly
Checkmate. At least Damian has a personality, unlike say, Dick or Tim.

While i agree Dick just kind of Chameleons whoever is nearby, Tim has TONS of personality. He had it from the first (being the smart wise ass who discovered bruce's identity), but then he developed allot more in his Robin series. AND THEN MORE STILL in Young Justice and Teen Titans. Tim thinks on his own. He struggles with his loyalty to the job vs his never actually wanting to be a hero. He knows fighting wise that he's the bottom of the Bat family totem pole (just over Stephanie), but is tops in terms of brains and tactics.

Tim oozes personality. If you only ever read him with Batman, you'll never catch it. But the boy has helmed two solo series (Robin and Red Robin) and led two teams(Young Justice and Teen Titans) . he yelled at Superman once. He lies to Batman. He tricks Ras Al Guhl. I think somewhere in all of that he developed a personality.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Grim: I've come around on Tim since I wrote that. I underestimated him based on the stories I'd read (which I now realised didn't do the character justice)
jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I don't like the idea of Bruce having a biological son. I much prefer him adopting kids who got stuck in terrible situations, it was poetic in a way... and him having a biological son felt like it threw off the balance to me.

However, Damien has been growing on me in some ways. I suppose the best way to phrase this would be; I like Damien, but I don't like the IDEA of Damien.

If he were to ever wind up taking on a villainous role, I personally would rather have him be an enemy to Tim Drake than Bruce directly. It would be cool to see him as a nemesis to Tim in the future. However, as it stands, I kind of like the violent little brat as Robin... adds a lot of flare to a well-worn concept, you know?

This

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By laflux

Meh. He's Okay I guess

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eternal19

Grant Morrison wanted him to be unlikable at first so you can see his growth as a charecter. I really like Damian he's my favorite robin and he's the most interesting.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

Damian Wayne started as a stupid character for me but he is growing on me.Currently in Batman and Robin I am loving him.His character is awesome and his origin was made pretty well in Batman and Robin #0.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By John Valentine

Damian's awesome.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rumble Man

Best Robin: DICK

Best Batkid:

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46  Edited By InnerVenom123

He's meant to be someone you hate at first, but who grows on you.