cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

Edited By cloudguy

"Power/Rangers"

Power/Rangers is a fan film(?) short based on the Power Rangers TV series.

Directed by Joseph Kahn, a film and music video director. It also stars Katee Sackhoff (Riddick, Battlestar Galactica) as Kimberly and James Van Der Beck as Rocky.

Powe/Rangers roughly takes place during the Zeo timeline (4th season).

While doing background research on this short, I found Jason David Frank's (Original Green/White ranger) and Austin St John's (Original Red ranger) opinion's on this short and they have completly different opinions on this.

I grew up watching the original series and to this day still enjoy watching Power Rangers. Well, the older seasons anyway. I personally loved watching this short.

Sorry if their isn't as much detail as before, I had a rough nights sleep, so i'm too tired to go into depth.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Awesome.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

I watched this a long time ago. I liked it how they turned it from a kids show to an adults show.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched this a long time ago. I liked it how they turned it from a kids show to an adults show.

Same, while it may originally be a kids show, Super Sentai was surprisingly dark. I personally agree with Austin St John it's a fan film while it may be based on the show, it wasn't supposed to be like the original show.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:
@rocketraccoonthingy said:

Same, while it may originally be a kids show, Super Sentai was surprisingly dark. I personally agree with Austin St John it's a fan film while it may be based on the show, it wasn't supposed to be like the original show.

Yes. The director was awesome. I hope he makes more.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

Yes. The director was awesome. I hope he makes more.

Same, the producer Adi Shankar has worked on a couple of other comic book films, the only one that comes to mind at this moment in time is Dredd and another short film Dirty Laundry (I think that's the name).

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: You forgot The Voices with Ryan Reynolds in it!

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: You forgot The Voices with Ryan Reynolds in it!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, I haven't got round to watching it yet. It's somewhere on my movie watch list.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: You should go watch it! Movies with Ryan Reynolds are pretty good. Except for Wolverine Origins. That was god awful.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: You should go watch it! Movies with Ryan Reynolds are pretty good. Except for Wolverine Origins. That was god awful.

Yeah, I own it on dvd.... oh and Green Lantern that was bad.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: Haven't seen the whole Green Lantern movie. Why is it bad?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just wasn't pulled off very well, it wasn't very imaginative, especially if your main hero is powered by something that depends on imagination. And the villain sucked.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

It just wasn't pulled off very well, it wasn't very imaginative, especially if your main hero is powered by something that depends on imagination. And the villain sucked.

The villain's big head made me chuckle. Not a very good villain for the first movie. Agree?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

The villain's big head made me chuckle. Not a very good villain for the first movie. Agree?

I agree.