4) Larry Bird    

5) Wilt Chamberlain

6) Kobe Bryant    

7) Shaquille O'Neal

8) Steve Nash
9) Clyde Drexler
10) Carmello Anthony

#5 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't cronologically ordered, it's just 10 NBA player's names that I know and ordered by how much I know the name... I don't know anything about the NBA, but hey, I like to participate :-P 

1. Michael Jordan 
2. Koby Bryant 
3. Dirk Nowitski 
4. Patrick Ewing 
5. Scottie Pippen  (Friend's sister nearly got into a fight with him at Brisbane airport LoL!) 
6. Steve Nash 
7. Shaquelle O'Neal 
8. Yao Minh? (That really tall chinese guy) 
9. Magic Johnson 
10. LeBron James
#6 Posted by Jake Fury (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

Damnit Merc, I did this for you a few weeks ago and now you start a thread.... 

#7 Posted by King Saturn (225174 posts) - - Show Bio
I do not think anyone will have MJ lower than 2 at the least
#8 Edited by Jake Fury (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Michael Jordan 
2. Wilt Chamberlain 
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar 
4. Bill Russell  
5.  Magic Johnson 
6.  Larry Bird 
7.  Oscar Robertson 
8.  Hakeem Olajuwon 
9.  Kobe Bryant 
10. Tim Duncan/Jerry West
#9 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

No one has Lebron James?? I thought he was King S**t.
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@cpt_linger said:
" No one has Lebron James?? I thought he was King S**t. "
He hasn't played enough to be an all-time great.
#11 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Jordan
  2. Russell
  3. Kareem
  4. Magic
  5. Oscar Robertson
  6. Julius Erving
  7. Shaq
  8. Kobe
  9. Wilt
  10. Bird
#12 Posted by Prince CortSether (2289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very surprised (okay, not really) to see Wilt Chamberlain on most people's lists. I think he was certainly a good player, but by no means should he be in the top 10. A lot of people seem to forget that he was playing in the 1950s and 1960s when basketball was still developing as a sport. The way the game was played back then was much more different as well. They took way more shots which is why Wilt's stats are so high up. If he were playing in today's game I don't think his stats would be nearly as good.

#13 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by tensor (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Michael Jordan

2) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

3) Bill Russell

4) Magic Johnson

5) Karl Malone

6) Larry Bird

7) Lebron James

8) Tim Duncan

9) Clyde Drexler

10) Hakeem Olajuwon

#15 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Michael Jordan 
2. Wilt Chamberlain 
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar 
4. Bill Russell  
5.  Magic Johnson 
6.  Larry Bird 
7.  Oscar Robertson 
8.  Hakeem Olajuwon 
9.  Jerry West
10. Moses Malone

#16 Edited by LONGTIME (923 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Michael Jordan
2. Larry Bird
3. Magic Johnson
4. Isiah Thomas
5. Jerry West
6. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
7. Bill Russell
8. Julius Erving
9. Oscar Robertson
10. Wilt Chamberlain

#17 Posted by King Saturn (225174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether said:
" I'm very surprised (okay, not really) to see Wilt Chamberlain on most people's lists. I think he was certainly a good player, but by no means should he be in the top 10. A lot of people seem to forget that he was playing in the 1950s and 1960s when basketball was still developing as a sport. The way the game was played back then was much more different as well. They took way more shots which is why Wilt's stats are so high up. If he were playing in today's game I don't think his stats would be nearly as good. "
So because Wilt dominated an era of basketball that was different then todays game we should not consider him one of the Greats ? Thats Crazy as Hell  !  So what the game was different back then... he played and dominated the era he grew up with... and that is what matters... it was not his fault the quality of play was like that then... all that matters is he dominated when he did play...
#18 Posted by Prince CortSether (2289 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Prince CortSether said:
" I'm very surprised (okay, not really) to see Wilt Chamberlain on most people's lists. I think he was certainly a good player, but by no means should he be in the top 10. A lot of people seem to forget that he was playing in the 1950s and 1960s when basketball was still developing as a sport. The way the game was played back then was much more different as well. They took way more shots which is why Wilt's stats are so high up. If he were playing in today's game I don't think his stats would be nearly as good. "
So because Wilt dominated an era of basketball that was different then todays game we should not consider him one of the Greats ? Thats Crazy as Hell  !  So what the game was different back then... he played and dominated the era he grew up with... and that is what matters... it was not his fault the quality of play was like that then... all that matters is he dominated when he did play... "
I'm not saying he was bad. Yes, he was superb for his time. But in a top 10 list I'd say it's stretching it to put him in the same area as people like MJ who dominated in a much tougher period. Do you really think Wilt would be having 100 pt games in today's games?
#19 Posted by King Saturn (225174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether said:
" @King Saturn said:
So because Wilt dominated an era of basketball that was different then todays game we should not consider him one of the Greats ? Thats Crazy as Hell  !  So what the game was different back then... he played and dominated the era he grew up with... and that is what matters... it was not his fault the quality of play was like that then... all that matters is he dominated when he did play... "
I'm not saying he was bad. Yes, he was superb for his time. But in a top 10 list I'd say it's stretching it to put him in the same area as people like MJ who dominated in a much tougher period. Do you really think Wilt would be having 100 pt games in today's games? "
Wilt does not have to average 100 points in todays game...that's not even the point... this is an ALL TIME Greatest NBA Player List... Not Modern Time Greatest NBA Player List... its for all of those players who dominated during whatever era they played in... 
#20 Posted by Prince CortSether (2289 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @King Saturn said:
I'm not saying he was bad. Yes, he was superb for his time. But in a top 10 list I'd say it's stretching it to put him in the same area as people like MJ who dominated in a much tougher period. Do you really think Wilt would be having 100 pt games in today's games? "
Wilt does not have to average 100 points in todays game...that's not even the point... this is an ALL TIME Greatest NBA Player List... Not Modern Time Greatest NBA Player List... its for all of those players who dominated during whatever era they played in...  "
But what's great about dominating in an era where everyone else sucked? The thing is that guys like MJ, Bird, and others dominate(d) in eras where there were many other great players and the competition was tougher so their position as all time greats is warranted. 

Call me crazy but I don't think Wilt belongs in the top 10, maybe a top 20 list.
#21 Edited by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio
1. Lebron James
2. Michael Jordan
3. Shaq
4. Wilt Chamberlain 
5. Karl Malone
6. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
7. Larry Bird
8. Steve Nash
9. Ron Artest
10. Dennis Rodman
#22 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8092 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Larry Bird
2. Michael Jordan
3. Magic Johnson
4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar  
5. Jerry West

#23 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Michael Jordan
  2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
  3. Wilt Chamberlain
  4. Julius Erving
  5. Larry Bird
  6. Patrick Ewing
  7. Magic Johnson
  8. Spud Webb
  9. Karl Malone
  10. Hakeem Olajuwon
#24 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: 
hey Merc, this is a great Idea. when this one is done are you maybe gonna do Football, Boxing, MMA, Baseball, Wrestling, or any other sports?
#25 Posted by King Saturn (225174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @King Saturn said:
Wilt does not have to average 100 points in todays game...that's not even the point... this is an ALL TIME Greatest NBA Player List... Not Modern Time Greatest NBA Player List... its for all of those players who dominated during whatever era they played in...  "
But what's great about dominating in an era where everyone else sucked? The thing is that guys like MJ, Bird, and others dominate(d) in eras where there were many other great players and the competition was tougher so their position as all time greats is warranted.   Call me crazy but I don't think Wilt belongs in the top 10, maybe a top 20 list. "
Everyone Else Sucked ? Are You Serious ? So Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Nate Thurmond, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Sam Jones, Walt Bellamy... they all sucked huh ? 
#26 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Kareem 
Russell 
Jordan 
Bird 
Magic 
Wilt 
Hakeem Olajuwon 
Isiah 
Oscar 
J. West 

#27 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @King Saturn said:
But what's great about dominating in an era where everyone else sucked? The thing is that guys like MJ, Bird, and others dominate(d) in eras where there were many other great players and the competition was tougher so their position as all time greats is warranted.   Call me crazy but I don't think Wilt belongs in the top 10, maybe a top 20 list. "

Wilt played in the time of the 3 best centers ever......Russell, Wilt and Kareem........he holds pretty much ever record for his position or second to Kareem.
#28 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: well, what did you think of my list? (don't be nice, be honest).
#29 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: I actually agree with all of the points you made except for Nash, I personally see Nash as far better than Stockton but I can see the argument.

Most of My list is more so biased to me being thrilled when watching these guys more so than stats. I think everyone on my list has great court presence if nothing else. they know how to keep the sport entertaining.
#30 Edited by Lokheit (489 posts) - - Show Bio

1- Wilt Chamberlain (highest marks ever on points in a game, points per game in a season and rebounds in a game among other records, I don't care if it were other times, Kobe recently showed that it's still possible to try this marks). 
2- Michael Jordan (true competitor, he made it look easy). 
3- Bill Rusell (the real lord of the rings). 
4- Oscar Robertson (the big O, averages a triple-double in his second season on the NBA, nearly did it on his rookie season). 
5- Larry Bird (people often refers to him as a great 3pt shooter, but he was a lot more than that, I haven't seen any player of his position moving and dribling so fluid, he was incredible). 
6- Kareem Abdul Jabbar (all time scoring leader after 19 seasons at high level) 
7- Magic Johnson (just one word: showtime) 
8- Shaquille O'Neal (the real dominating dinosaur) 
9- Kobe Bryant (closest thing to Jordan  this days, but also a completly different player, second best scoring mark on a game on an era where it's supposed to be impossible to score this much) 
10- John Stockton (NBA all-time leader on assists and steals had to make the list)

#31 Posted by Achilles. (3819 posts) - - Show Bio

• Jordan
  • Russel
  • Bird
  • Magic
  • Abdul Jabbar
  • LeBron
  • West
  • Duncan
  • Garnett
#32 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8410 posts) - - Show Bio

My list was straight insane. Put my top 10 favorite players. Greatest players all time ordered IMO 

1. Michael Jordan 
2. Kareem Abdul Jabbar

3. Wilt Chamberlain 
4. Magic Johnson 
5. Larry Bird

6. Oscar Robertson 
7. Jerry West 
8.John Stockton 
9. Shaq 
10. Kobe Bryant

#33 Posted by LONGTIME (923 posts) - - Show Bio
@Achilles. said:

• Jordan
  • Russel
  • Bird
  • Magic
  • Abdul Jabbar
  • LeBron
  • West
  • Duncan
  • Garnett

#34 Posted by turoksonofstone (12901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
1. Michael Jordan 2. Wilt Chamberlain 3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar 4. Bill Russell  5.  Magic Johnson 6.  Larry Bird 7.  Oscar Robertson 8.  Hakeem Olajuwon 9.  Kobe Bryant 10. Tim Duncan/Jerry West
Same switch Kobe for Lebron though.
#35 Posted by _slim_ (14230 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Michael Jordan
  2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
  3. Bill Russell
  4. Wilt Chamberlain
  5. Shaquille O'Neal
  6. Oscar Robertson
  7. Magic Johnson
  8. Larry Bird
  9. Tim Duncan
  10. Kobe Bryant
#36 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26967 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Michael Jordan
  2. Magic Johnson
  3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
  4. Wilt Chamberlain
  5. Larry Bird
  6. Bill Russel
  7. Kobe Bryant
  8. Shaq
  9. Tim duncan
  10. Hakeem Olajuwon

#37 Posted by Lunacyde (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no opinion, except LeBron doesn't deserve on that list.

#38 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26967 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde said:

Lebron is the best player ever no body is even close.

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Michael Jordan 
2.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 
3.Larry Bird 
4.Oscar Robertson 
5.Hakeem Olajuwan 
6.Kobe Bryant 
7.Shaquille O'Neal 
8.Magic Johnson 
9.Tim Duncan 
10.Jerry West

#40 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Lunacyde said:

I agree with this just as I agree the Kobe is the most generous player in the court.

#41 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26967 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Lunacyde said:

I agree with this just as I agree the Kobe is the most generous player in the court.

Kobe is he is a modern day saint.

#42 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

2. Wilt

3. Magic

4. Big O

5. Bird

6. Russell

7. The Logo

8. Shaq

9. Olajuwon

10. Pistol Pete

1. Is there any question about #1?

#43 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. 88-89 Jordan
  2. 87-88 Jordan
  3. 89-90 Jordan
  4. 92-93 Jordan
  5. 95-96 Jordan
  6. 90-91 Jordan
  7. 91-92 Jordan
  8. 84-85 Jordan
  9. 97-98 Jordan
  10. Other NBA players
#44 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Wizards Jordan didn't make the list?

#45 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Yes, he is!

@Night Thrasher said:

A toss up between Metta World Peace and Dennis Rodman?

#46 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Yes, he is!

@Night Thrasher said:

A toss up between Metta World Peace and Dennis Rodman?

Anthony Mason of course!

#47 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Night Thrasher said:

Naaaah... He would've been on the list but we got to give chance to other players.

#48 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Lunacyde said:

Except for that one time in Denver

#49 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@Night Thrasher said:

Naaaah... He would've been on the list but we got to give chance to other players.

So he's #11?

#50 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Night Thrasher: Haha! Yes.