Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which are the most talked about Television Shows? I'd say:

• Mad Men
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Walking Dead

I would have thrown Sons of Anarchy in there but then I realised that most people watch it because of Hunnam :P

As the title says...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

People still talk about Mad Men? Ugh, that show is boring.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I find it astoundingly dull. Bunch of ad execs sitting around smoking cigarettes and having affairs.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Throne only really gets talked about when it's actually on.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rouflex

Game of thrones>The Walking Dead>Mad men in the thread context.

I didnt saw half of it ...>...>...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I find it astoundingly dull. Bunch of ad execs sitting around smoking cigarettes and having affairs.

Okay... Well no, that's not the entire plot. I'm guessing you've seen about 3 episodes of it. But regardless, TV doesn't have to be all explosions and fight scenes to be good. But if it's not for you that's fine.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Walking dead

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess no one talks about Breaking Bad anymore. *sigh* Mad Men haven't seen so idk. Walking Dead is just utter garbage now. What I've seen of Game of Thrones looks amazing.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I've seen the first two seasons, and that's all it was. Seriously. I don't need constant explosions but I need more than just witty dialogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

Guess no one talks about Breaking Bad anymore.

If I had to guess, it's because it's over.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

South Park.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

South Park.

It's been dealing with current events too often but it's still pretty strong. Even on a bad week it has a decent about of funny moments.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Fallschirmjager

The Following was talked about a lot last year when it was on. I imagine the same will be here.

I'm really looking forward to Season 2 of The Americans. FX is underrated in the TV shows it puts out.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By HumanRocket

I don't have cable -_-

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I've seen the first two seasons, and that's all it was. Seriously. I don't need constant explosions but I need more than just witty dialogue.

And impressive character development, a Byronic hero, an interesting plot line as well as Christina Hendricks.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

And impressive character development, a Byronic hero, an interesting plot line as well as Christina Hendricks.

You're acting like it's the only show to have these things (except Christina Hendricks, who I don't care for) When I think of a TRULY good show, it has complex protaganists, character development, AND something to keep me entertained, shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, Dexter (seasons 1-4) Boardwalk Empire (now THAT'S a period piece). When the most action a show has is someone having their foot run over by a lawn mower..it's not for me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@the_stegman said:

You're acting like it's the only show to have these things (except Christina Hendricks, who I don't care for) When I think of a TRULY good show, it has complex protaganists, character development, AND something to keep me entertained, shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sopranos, Dexter (seasons 1-4) Boardwalk Empire (now THAT'S a period piece). When the most action a show has is someone having their foot run over by a lawn mower..it's not for me.

You can build drama from anything. I never Dexter was never on the levels of the aforementioned shows in my opinion, except maybe season 4, that was well done. Neither is Boardwalk Empire for me. I don't really care about action, it's the drama and tension behind a scene/episode that fuels my interest, I can cope without action as long as the plot/character dynamism is strong enough, for me it's up there with the greats. Don Draper is a brilliantly complex protagonist on the level of Walter White, Tony & Omar in my opinion, I like it. And it's not the only show to have those things, it just does them better than most others. In my opinion Downton Abbey's a great, well made show [I know, I know] for what it's trying to achieve, it does it beautifully, I'm not really interested in action all that much unless it furthers the plot or is emotionally important to characters and their development. Unless we're dealing with shows like TWD, Arrow etc, where I'm expecting to get something different out of that experience. I suppose it just doesn't appeal to you, that's fine.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@rogueshadow said:

@the_stegman said:

You can build drama from anything. I never Dexter was never on the levels of the aforementioned shows in my opinion, except maybe season 4, that was well done. Neither is Boardwalk Empire for me. I don't really care about action, it's the drama and tension behind a scene/episode that fuels my interest, I can cope without action as long as the plot/character dynamism is strong enough, for me it's up there with the greats. Don Draper is a brilliantly complex protagonist on the level of Walter White, Tony & Omar in my opinion, I like it. And it's not the only show to have those things, it just does them better than most others. In my opinion Downton Abbey's a great, well made show [I know, I know] for what it's trying to achieve, it does it beautifully, I'm not really interested in action all that much unless it furthers the plot or is emotionally important to characters and their development. Unless we're dealing with shows like TWD, Arrow etc, where I'm expecting to get something different out of that experience. I suppose it just doesn't appeal to you, that's fine.

That's...actually a very well thought out response, and I can see where you're coming from, I don't mean to bash the show or anything, nor am I saying it sucks, obviously it doesn't with all the critical acclaim it gets, I just personally never got into it, but different strokes for different folks I suppose, ha ^_^