• 51 results
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The concept is basic. Create your own political party that represents your own beliefs. Feel free to pick a color and a mascot as well. Give a brief synopsis of your beliefs on important topics such as:

Taxes, Healthcare, Environmental Protection, Abortion, Gay Marriage, Gun Rights, Death Penalty, Education, Collective Bargaining, Energy, War, Defense, Drugs, Immigration and any other topic you choose.

We will have open and free discussions on any topic.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Revolutionary Dreamers

Ideals: Minority Nationalism, Inner-City Youth, etc.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

For Example:

My color would be white. My mascot would be a stag.

No Caption Provided

Taxes - I believe in simplifying the Tax Code. This means getting rid of loopholes that millionaires can exploit, and taxing capital gains at similar levels to income tax. Tax credits or breaks for certain groups may sound like a good idea to stimulate growth, but in reality it has a built in cost.

Healthcare - I believe everyone has a right to healthcare regardless of financial background.

Abortion - I believe it's wrong, but I don't have the right to tell a women whether she can have one or not.

Gay Marriage - I don't believe in depriving American's their rights based on sexual orientation.

Gun Rights - I believe in America you are guaranteed the right to own Firearms for your personal use and self-defense, as long as you are of legal age, have no serious criminal record, and no history of mental illness.

Death Penalty - I believe it's costly, both financially, and morally. One innocent man put to death is too many, and we have seen many cases where someone who was given the death penalty ended up either innocent, or serious doubt was introduced as to whether they did it.

Drugs - I believe Marijuana should be legalized. It's less dangerous than Alcohol, and the amount of money spent on policing and corrections connected to weed is staggering. Taxes like those on tobacco and alcohol could be applied to weed. Harder drugs should still remain illegal, but we should take a more proactive approach teaching people why drugs are bad for them, and how to stay away. A rehabilitative approach should also be employed.

Collective Bargaining - Unions are an integral part of the American working system that allows everyday workers an ability to effect their quality of work experience. Before unions practices such as child labor, dangerous work environments, and extreme hours with no increase in pay were commonplace.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Cool

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Speaking of politics, aren't civil rights the right you have as a citizen

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By The_Assassin_
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ebbm

@Lunacyde: I want to join your political party, haha

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By beatboks1

@Lunacyde: Not a bad concept Luna.

New age party.

Taxes - Indirect taxes work the best. A fixed rate on all goods and services. It therefore becomes impossible to avoind and the rich pay their share as they buy more expensive things.

Healthcare - The Australian medicare system works well just better funded.

Environmental Protection - strong drive to build infrastructure that both protects the environment whilst boosting capital growth. Example a sewage system that instead of treating water for release would clean water and effluent and use it to make hostile land fertile. In for example the Australian Desert if the waste of civilization was used to irrigate and fertilize thousands of square miles of wasteland could produce food for the starving masses of the third world. The costs of developing the infrastructure would reap vast return in the long term by the increased GDP capable of making infertile lands productive. This infrastructure would also include a well designed public transport system using new clean energy sources. Public transport would be free to promote, maximize it's use.

Gun Rights - IMO peoples rights to be safe are more important than their right to bare arms. In the information age of the 21st century a "revolution" can be started truly with an idea. Where once the spread and dissemination of information and ideas was complex and hard an idea can now courtesy of the internet be spread to millions in seconds. The fire arm is no longer the true weapon of freedom.

Death Penalty/ sentencing - An eye for an eye never solves anything and it doesn't prevent crime. Harsh punishment for crimes throughout history did nothing to stop it. A fair and consistent sentencing system is however essential to make a justice system work. To best achieve this I believe setting up a review board (which will also replace the parole board system) that is comprised of a mix of victims of crime and truly rehabilitated former criminals. This is to ensure that both sides of justice are equally served (punishment/ and mercy)

Education - promote an education system that is more interested in and revolves around teaching how to think not what to know. Teaching purely facts serves little to no purpose in truly educating a child. teaching how to analyze question and use information given to you is much more valuable. One of my old history teachers (his class always had the highest results) didn't focus so much on the curriculum set before us but on teaching us how to look at it from different angles. When we studied WWII he would get us to look at tit from the point of view of the Jew's or the German people. As he put ti it was always recorded by the victors so there was always a benefit of looking at the other side. We would spend lesson after lesson in in depth class discussion relating a point in history to modern politics or problems of today etc. that was education (and I was truly lucky to have him)

Collective Bargaining/enterprise bargaining - enterprise bargaining needs to be a lot less constrained and not as controlled by large unions. Yes there was a point in history when that was required but it has passed. currently union movements in many places don't represent the interest of their members as well as they once did.

Energy - as with environment the investment in clean energy sources would pay itself in the long run. This may be a second/ third term project as the other infrastructure developments would already be taking up a big part of the budget. As the result of these would be the immediate production of oxygen producing plants through the reclamation of wasteland this would mean that these projects can be held back (or done in small amounts) as green house gasses are already being reduced by those other projects.

Defense - A strong defense force is required, the focus would be on training . In the interest of improving defense as a whole merging the roles of defense and civil defense (eg national policing). results easier access to resources, greater efficiencies, more prepared as they would be actively used even in time of peace.

Drugs ^^ I think once the drug cartels see soldiers storming them with greater resources that problem is going to fix itself (hard core drugs of course). Softer drigs would be legalized.

Immigration - more open immigration. A larger populace means a larger market to cater to, which equals economic growth. * e.g If you live in a town that is isolated and has had 200 people for the last 200 years. You no longer need builders (every building you need is built), or a lot of other tradesman. There is repair work but not new development. That's a few of your residents out of work (or income) which eventually means a few more and so on.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jnr6Lil

whats civil rights

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Jnr6Lil said:

whats civil rights

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By beatboks1
Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By Hawkeye446

@lykopis said:

Taxes - Make them regional-based and broken down so every citizen can see where their money is being spent. Have town hall meetings every two years with MPs and have them represented in Parliament to determine allocation.

Healthcare - Universal (already is in Canada) but add dentistry to this.

Environmental Protection - Very focused on the environment - education and protection first, then remedial action.

Abortion - Already legal.

Gay Marriage - Already legal.

Gun Rights - None. No reason for them. Further to this, focus on fighting the illegal firearms making their way into Canada via the States more aggressively.

Death Penalty - Already abolished.

Education - Correct First Nations deficits and focus on smaller class sizes and retaining secondary students. Make university/college free as well.

Collective Bargaining - Unions are needed but kept parallel with private enterprises and encourage profit-sharing with employees via government incentives. Have government representation in all contracts to ensure compliance.

Energy - Pursue solar/wind based technology.

War - Continue with peace-keeping mandate with a focus on social responsibility.

Defense - Same as above.

Drugs - Made Universal.

Immigration - Open door policy

World Affairs - Have the Foreign Affairs Ministry expanded with a focus on assisting nations in obtaining economic autonomy. Restrict/prevent trade with nations with Human Rights Violations.

MinorityAffairs - Create a new Ministry that deals specifically with minority affairs for fair representation in Parliament (gender, culture etc)

I would call it The Progressive People's Party and have the colour yellow with a single circle as the shape to represent it to symbolizing inclusiveness and continual movement. I would have a very small Parliament as well and abolish ridiculous groups (like our Senators?!) and trim off bureaucracy.

I would also make it illegal to donate to Federal Parties and have a pre-set budget given to each Party for campaigning to ensure fairness (with publicly published audits).

That's it for now. :)

I'm joining this party.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@lykopis said:

Taxes - Make them regional-based and broken down so every citizen can see where their money is being spent. Have town hall meetings every two years with MPs and have them represented in Parliament to determine allocation.

Environmental Protection - Very focused on the environment - education and protection first, then remedial action.

Gun Rights - None. No reason for them. Further to this, focus on fighting the illegal firearms making their way into Canada via the States more aggressively.

Education - Correct First Nations deficits and focus on smaller class sizes and retaining secondary students. Make university/college free as well.

Collective Bargaining - Unions are needed but kept parallel with private enterprises and encourage profit-sharing with employees via government incentives. Have government representation in all contracts to ensure compliance.

War - Continue with peace-keeping mandate with a focus on social responsibility.

Defense - Same as above.

Drugs - Made Universal.

World Affairs - Have the Foreign Affairs Ministry expanded with a focus on assisting nations in obtaining economic autonomy. Restrict/prevent trade with nations with Human Rights Violations.

MinorityAffairs - Create a new Ministry that deals specifically with minority affairs for fair representation in Parliament (gender, culture etc)

I would call it The Progressive People's Party and have the colour yellow with a single circle as the shape to represent it to symbolizing inclusiveness and continual movement. I would have a very small Parliament as well and abolish ridiculous groups (like our Senators?!) and trim off bureaucracy.

I would also make it illegal to donate to Federal Parties and have a pre-set budget given to each Party for campaigning to ensure fairness (with publicly published audits).

...in an ideal world.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The Knowledgeable Realist Political Party 

Ideals; Large scale nuclear weapons for all nations, fired all at once, blanketing the entire Earth, killing every living thing on the planet.  

Also, no hippies. 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@lykopis: I know, I was just giving my approval and longing.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@lykopis said:

Defense - Same as above.

Drugs - Made Universal.

That sounds really nice.  

The exact opposite of what I desire >_> 
Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By Hawkeye446

In all seriousness... The Australian Dental Party! Or the A.D.P!

Free Dental care to all! Mandatory public flossings!

Fines will incur!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Hawkeye446 said:

@lykopis said:

Defense - Same as above.

Drugs - Made Universal.

I'm joining this party.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vortex13

@lykopis said:

Defense - Same as above.

Drugs - Made Universal.

Can't really top this.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

1. Health & Safety: We propose to ban Self Responsibilty on the grounds that it may be dangerous to your health.

2. M.P’s Expenses: We propose that instead of a second home allowance M.P’s will have a caravan which will be parked outside the Houses of Parliament. This will make it easier as flipping a caravan is easier than flipping homes

3. Eurofit: The European Constitution which will be sorted out by going for a long Walk. “As everyone knows that walking is good for the constitution”

4. The speaker in the House of Commons will be replaced by the latest audio equipment

5. To help the Israel/Palestinian Problem, we will get rid of the old road map, and replace it with a new sat nav instead

6. European Union: It is proposed that the European Union end its discrimination by creating a “Court of Human Lefts” because their present policy is one -sided.

7. Education: We will increase the number of Women teachers throughout the education System as we are strong believers of ‘Female Intuition’

8. Immigration and Population: I propose that we cap the population of this country. We have too many people for such a small country, so we will Cap the number of people residing here at present rates (approximately 63 million, give or take 10 mill ) on the basis of one out, one in (excluding Births).

Regarding Immigration… Any Person who can prove that they or their descendants emigrated to the U.K before 55 A.D can stay. All the others will be repatriated to their original country. (Well we have to draw the line somewhere)

9. We will ban all forms of Greyhound racing. This will help stop the counrty going to the dogs.

10. Afghanistan, Iraq and the War on terror. Theirs nothing funny about this. however as we have not found any taliban terrorists in Derbyshire. Our Soldiers can all come home now.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By majestic99

@Lunacyde said:

The concept is basic. Create your own political party that represents your own beliefs. Feel free to pick a color and a mascot as well. Give a brief synopsis of your beliefs on important topics such as:

Taxes, Healthcare, Environmental Protection, Abortion, Gay Marriage, Gun Rights, Death Penalty, Education, Collective Bargaining, Energy, War, Defense, Drugs, Immigration and any other topic you choose.

We will have open and free discussions on any topic.

I'm from the U.S. so being the only developed nation IN THE WORLD without universal health makes me feel stupid. But anyway, my beliefs would be a mix of social liberalism and social democracy. And to anyone who didn't know

the U.S. is the only developed nation in the world without an official social democratic party.

Taxes

Progressive taxation. Remove all loopholes in the current tax code and make it to where corporations and wealthy individuals pay their fair share.

Healthcare

Universal healthcare, specifically tax supported government controlled healthcare(like In Finland).

Environmental Protection

Strict environmental protection. Have a treaty to where all resources have to be recycled in some way(I read an article where thrown away food could be used to feed the world's hungry or used to power cars, I'll pull up the link later). Use biodegradable products.

Abortion

Pro-choice. Believe in state funded contraception for low-income individuals.

Gay Marriage

Should be fully legalized. Gays are people like everyone else(and make discrimination based on sexuial orientation a hate crime).

Gun Rights

Zero tolerance gun control policy. Those who should be able to own a gun have to be at least 21 years of age, cannot be a felon, cannot have mental health issues, cannot have a serious criminal record, and has to be trained on how to properly use and store guns, and must be told that guns must be kept out of the hands of minors.

Death Penalty

Should be abolished.

War/Defense

The U.S. military is already one of the most technologically advanced militaries in the world, no need to spend billions more on F-35's to fight developed nations that aren't our enemies. Keep spending in control. And only invade when countries when there is a clear,established threat to American lives(and only if there is NO OTHER OPTION).

Energy

100% of all energy needs should be met by renewable energy(hydrogen cars, solar towers,etc.) Also should invest to build only green buildings and sustainable architecture.

Immigration

Open Door Policy.

Invest in neighbors(Mexico,Cuba,etc.) by investing in infrastructure and education.

I'll be back with more topics later.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Taxes - The higher your salary the more taxes you should pay. Simple really.

Healthcare - You get what you pay for.

Environmental Protection - Comes last in my book. Far more important things to focus on.

Abortion - Legal, but to a degree. 4 months to abort a baby is kind of too late.

Gay Marriage - Completely Legal

Gun Rights - Every citizen should have a right to protect themselves in the event that the government can't do it for them.

Death Penalty - Fully established.

Education - First priority. Smaller classes, more teachers, more schools. College education would NOT be free however.

Energy - Solar energy is a must.

War - No war would be necessary unless it was seriously needed.

Defense - All troops would be based and centered in our own country to protect our own borders. No need to spend millions to police the world.

Drugs - All Legal.

Immigration - Borders completely shut and guarded on all ends.

World Affairs - Trade is the only thing necessary.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By majestic99

Drugs

Zero tolerance drug policy like that of Sweden. 80% of resources are to be invested in prevention(drug prevention

programs, education, etc.) and 20% in TREATMENT(not imprisonment, aka offer drug abuse programs and free mental health clinics, not just lock up for a long time).

Drug Policy of Sweden

Education

Education system like in Finland.

Early Childhood Education(ages 1-8)

• socioeconomically integrated(25% of population from poorest 25%, etc.
  • provided for free of charge
  • A 10:1 student teacher ratio
  • All teachers must obtain a master's degree in the area they are expecting to teach(only 10% of applicants accepted)
  • Focus teaching developing cognitive,emotional, and social skills
  • All students will receive books and be taught english(to eliminate language barrier)
  • all schools shall be public

Primary Education(ages 9-14)

• Will be grades 1 to 8(no move from elementary to middle school)
  • Teaching will focus on creativity
  • mood will be to relax
  • NO STANDARDIZED TESTS
  • Will learn foreign language in 7th and 8th grades(Spanish 1 A and Spanish 1 B for each semester, that's just an example)
  • no student shall be held back, instead any student showing academic/social troubles shall receive free tutoring and academic assistance until graduation from primary school
  • Science classes must be capped at 16 students(and must be even for labs)
  • For every classroom,there should be 1 teacher, and 2 teacher assistants making sure everyone is learning, not just memorizing, the taught material
  • One "standardized test" it will be at the end of 8th grade, and shall separate students into either an academic(gymnasium) or vocational(trade school) secondary institution
  • all students shall receive fully subsidized(free) school lunch
  • shall have 6 classes each semester
  • all schools shall have same school year

Secondary Education(ages 15-18)

• shall be divided into either trade schools or gymnasiums
  • Also shall contain 6 classes each semester
  • all receive free school lunch
  • test at end of four years(9-12th grade)shall determine where they should apply for higher education

Tertiary(Higher) Education(ages 19 and up)

• shall be divided into profession-oriented polytechnics(from trade schools) and research-oriented universities
  • all higher educational institutions are to be public
  • All higher educational institutions are to be free of charge(Which doesn't exist in the U.S.) as long as the institutions keep a strict quota(no tuition and free textbooks/school materials provided)
  • All students shall be paid a monthly stipend and shall receive free housing(as long as they keep their grades up)
  • each institution shall have a standardized exam for those wishing to attend (shall consist of few questions which test higher conceptional learning instead of memorization or class privileges)
  • SHALL BE MERIT BASED(no considering former parents who have attended, no affirmative action, no socioeconomic consideration)

Education In Finland

The Nordic Model

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By majestic99

So what do you all think of my political party?

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

I'm going to created a giant Ponzi schemed government called: Capitalism ;D

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By majestic99

@primepower53:

What do you think about my political party?

Can someone please comment?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@majestic99 said:

@primepower53:

What do you think about my political party?

Can someone please comment?

Interesting. From what I see those are some good ideas. Are you from the U.S?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By majestic99

@Lunacyde said:

Interesting. From what I see those are some good ideas. Are you from the U.S?

Yes:

@majestic99 said:

I'm from the U.S. so being the only developed nation IN THE WORLD without universal health makes me feel stupid. But anyway, my beliefs would be a mix of social liberalism and social democracy. And to anyone who didn't know

the U.S. is the only developed nation in the world without an official social democratic party.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@majestic99: I don't know if I agree with a zero tolerance drug policy. It seems every time there are crackdowns on drugs it just goes underground and gets worse.
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By majestic99

@Lunacyde said:

@majestic99: I don't know if I agree with a zero tolerance drug policy. It seems every time there are crackdowns on drugs it just goes underground and gets worse.

If implemented incorrectly, things do go wrong. Did you visit the link for the drug policy of Sweden?

bobop6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bobop6

@TheWholeDamnShow: I like alot of it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Mercy_

@Lunacyde said:

For Example:

My color would be white. My mascot would be a stag.

No Caption Provided

Taxes - I believe in simplifying the Tax Code. This means getting rid of loopholes that millionaires can exploit, and taxing capital gains at similar levels to income tax. Tax credits or breaks for certain groups may sound like a good idea to stimulate growth, but in reality it has a built in cost.

Healthcare - I believe everyone has a right to healthcare regardless of financial background.

Abortion - I believe it's wrong, but I don't have the right to tell a women whether she can have one or not.

Gay Marriage - I don't believe in depriving American's their rights based on sexual orientation.

Gun Rights - I believe in America you are guaranteed the right to own Firearms for your personal use and self-defense, as long as you are of legal age, have no serious criminal record, and no history of mental illness.

Death Penalty - I believe it's costly, both financially, and morally. One innocent man put to death is too many, and we have seen many cases where someone who was given the death penalty ended up either innocent, or serious doubt was introduced as to whether they did it.

Drugs - I believe Marijuana should be legalized. It's less dangerous than Alcohol, and the amount of money spent on policing and corrections connected to weed is staggering. Taxes like those on tobacco and alcohol could be applied to weed. Harder drugs should still remain illegal, but we should take a more proactive approach teaching people why drugs are bad for them, and how to stay away. A rehabilitative approach should also be employed.

Collective Bargaining - Unions are an integral part of the American working system that allows everyday workers an ability to effect their quality of work experience. Before unions practices such as child labor, dangerous work environments, and extreme hours with no increase in pay were commonplace.

Sign me up.

dakota_gengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

International Socialist Party of America or ISPA

Taxes Those that work hardest get taxed the least those who are lazy are killed.

Healthcare: cheap enough for the average man to buy.

Abortion: Not allowed No if's and's or but's .

Gay Marriage: illegal and if you are caught you will be shot.

Gun Rights: Only Working sane people may have guns but only if they are civil protection or MilIitary trained.

Death Penalty: Only for slackers Political Opponents or Murderers and Gays

Drugs:illegal i cant have idiots in my country.

Trade Unions: Not allowed.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

International Socialist Party of America or ISPA

Taxes Those that work hardest get taxed the least those who are lazy are killed.

Healthcare: cheap enough for the average man to buy.

Abortion: Not allowed No if's and's or but's .

Gay Marriage: illegal and if you are caught you will be shot.

Gun Rights: Only Working sane people may have guns but only if they are civil protection or MilIitary trained.

Death Penalty: Only for slackers Political Opponents or Murderers and Gays

Drugs:illegal i cant have idiots in my country.

Trade Unions: Not allowed.

Wha 0_o wow. Just....

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taxes: Rich have to pay high taxes, poor have to pay little to no taxes, middle class have to pay normal taxes.

Healthcare: Free.

Gay Marriage: Completely legal and should have no difference between traditional ones

Gun Rights: Every single adult in the country should be trained with a firearm once they turn eighteen, then given a gun to do whatever they wish with it. They could keep it, give it away, sell it, whatever, just so long that it's documented they received one.

Drugs: All of it is completely legal, VERY taxed, and controlled by companies and can be legally sold with various age restrictions

War: Protect our allies if they protect us, and if someone hasn't done something to our country positive or negative, we do not intervene.

Death Penalty: Illegal for the GOVERNMENT to execute anyone under a criminal charge, however I believe we should have a "Make my day" law, stating that any person who feels the other party is threatening to damage or remove their rights to life, property, safety or family, they can take the other parties life with no repercussions.

Immigration: Borders are fully open and there is no restrictions for any immigrants wishing to enter the country so long as they do not have a very large felony (examples being murder, major larceny, arson, armed robbery etc.) they may apply as a citizen

Unions: The Work force may come together in groups and if they feel their right to take actions for the good of themselves they may, so long as their demands are approved by a legislative group.

Political Parties: Heeerrree's the real kicker. For the good of the country we believe there should be absolutely no organized political parties allowed, and that the way the american government works, while flawed at times, would be greatly superior if the demise of all political parties came about, enforcing a law that all elected officials essentially present their view points as much as possible through organized rallies, speeches, debates and the like, and we the people decide if they match our views. No more will the sh*tty system of a party of yes (Liberal Democrats) and a party of no's (Conservative Republicans) tear our country and divide us. We will stand together the way George Washington and Thomas Jefferson envisioned us: One nation, indivisible. It will not be one party (for we are not communists) or no parties (for we are not anarchists) but a personal party.

Sic semper tyrannis!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By judasnixon

I'm starting the fix the F-ing infrastructure party......

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Leginimately Conservative Party.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By consolemaster001

If it's in MY country

Order and Justice Party

Taxes - Everyone pays equal and i spend it all on sports cars for my people.

Healthcare - I want everyone's health guaranteed but it's sound like wishful thinking :(

Environmental Protection - Is a must, government campaigns so the people are aware, and the dangers of smoking.

Abortion - Depends on why

Gay Marriage - This again ? No.

Gun Rights - Strict for assault rifles and a bit more relaxed for handguns

Death Penalty - Murder, rape, treason and espionage and terrorists

Education - First priority. More teachers and more freedom for college students.

Energy - Green energy ftw !

War - Only if an allied nation attacked or my nation is declared war on

Defense - Second priority. Troops are placed on borders

Drugs - Illegal with prison time and no parole

Immigration - borders are closed with guards. Except if civilians are fleeing from wartorn neighbor.

World Affairs - Good relations with other nations is essential. Trade is important.

Discrimination : Racism and open racist remarks are punishable by law.

Entertainment : All types allowed except for pornography.

Free speech : Allowed but to a degree

Alcohol : Wouldn't change anything.

LGBT : Leave them alone.

I think that's it :-)

oh and my symbol would be the classic crescent moon

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vaeternus

Interesting concept. I will need time lol. EDIT:

I'd probably call my Party the :Freedom & Justice Party or The Truth, Justice & American Way Party. Not sure about a symbol.

Few things I'd be for:-

-Lower Taxes(if there are any increases it goes the same FOR ALL LEVELS poor, moderate and rich) non of this "let's take legos from richer kids and give it to everyone else" nonsense...

-Free to choose your own healthcare(nobody would be forced to have healthcare, that being said you'd have several choices from rich to poor options and nobody would be rejected care in an emergency despite what you have) If you don't have healthcare yet need medical attention, arrangements would be made so that you can sign up for what you can afford from choices then pay it back later in time via (the way a debit or cc work to best fit your budget needs monthly) same goes for dental.

-Free Speech is everyone's right(I don't believe in censorship just because someone wants to say something some folks disagree with or wants to be an idiot with their views despite how extreme, shallow they are etc)

-Alcohol and Smokes I'd make 21 to buy, but would not ban(kids are going to get it anyway through older siblings, friends etc) Underage drinking, smoking teenagers get warnings, parents get penalties for negligence.

-If you're caught drunk driving, high just once you lose your license(sound harsh? Sure but then so is someone dying over another person's stupidity)

-Discrimination-while it's already illegal I'd make sure people didn't lose, get jobs due to it. Racism, Sexism etc concerning jobs wouldn't be allowed but if someone wants to say out in the open "I hate this group cause I hate them" that's their right to freedom of speech(no matter how dumb they may sound) same goes for President, Political bashing...But if it's concerning jobs, promotion opportunities that is not allowed and will be penalized.

-Gun Rights-Everyone has the right to bare arms given, permit, good reason, self defense, a job etc If more good people have guns, less bad people will....because they'll know good people have a weapon like them to defend themselves with vs. not having anything at all.

-I'd probably have Civil Unions for Gay people(regardless of what you do you can never please everyone with this topic but that being said I don't like Straight or Gay bashing)

-Everyone's religions should be respected from Christians to Jews, you're free to be an atheist but NOT free to mock other's religions or God bashing. People will respect other's beliefs or face penalties.

-Abortion would be BANNED, only exception would be if the mother's life was at stake otherwise you made it you raise it....

-All terrorists will be hunted, trialed and killed if necessary. No ifs, ands or buts. You plot to kill innocents to get a point across you will be shown no less mercy.

-Let the punishment fit the crime. You steal a candy bar, you get a slap on the wrist. You kill someone for fun, you get the death penalty plain and simple.

-Murder is a definite sentence to life in prison or Death Penalty depending on the case. I don't believe someone should get a second chance or just a slap on the wrist for taking another's life done on purpose. If it's self defense, defending your family or an accident this is different obviously.

-Porn is allowed but like rated R movies, M games MUST have laws to abide by. If you ban porn you must then ban violent films, games etc which opens up a whole can of worms that nobody wants...Much like now with porn, you must be 18, prove it and then all is good. But again being realistic here, it's no different then drinking and smoking, if a teenager wants it badly enough he'll get it one way or another. We can only put rules in place to help prevent that. No need to ban it all together though due to a few prudes in the world.

-You MUST be a US citizen to drive, have a license. No ifs, ands or buts. I'm all for different states having different age limits but no younger then 17. 17-21 range is good and up to the state.

-No going after certain parties due to personal bias(ie: IRS nonsense going on now)

-Bike Lanes on Major bridges, roads etc would be legalized and respected as much as anyone else drivers, pedestrians etc(afterall not everyone can afford a car)

-All illegal and really bad drugs would be banned, cracked down upon. This includes weed, coc, crack, heroin, meth, PCP, etc, etc. Legal drugs via pharmacy are fine as long as they're good for OTC and prescribed by the doc.

-War would commence if necessary, there is no negotiating with psychos

-Boarder control would take place on both boarders Mexican as well as Canadian boarders

-You must come here legally despite, no matter where you're from however I'd make the time to get approved for citizenship FAR less. As in a 6 months to a year, 5-10 years is ridiculous...keep in mind I also came here as a baby, took me a year or less to get mine.

-No voter fraud, outside influence outside or before elections take place

-All the major networks I'd make sure would be even amount of political views and objective. In otherwords, nothing like now where you have like every network for one party, and one network for the other. I'd make sure it's even.

-Cars, gas would be cheaper and more affordable

-I'd have a program to help those lesser fortunate who can't afford a car to get free bikes or bikes for cheaper to get around easier as well as deals for Metro Cards(example in a city like where I live NYC) A lot of folks drive, alot don't...

-I'd make sure jobs and companies that are hiring would take the time to train people, as oppose to "only experienced apply" most jobs are not the FBI, therefore they can take the time to train new comers to offer more opportunities for people seeking jobs.

-I'd be all for the private sektor and less government control, the government should fear the people not the other way around.

-During elections, NO personal attacks, racist attacks, sexist attacks. Strictly political. In other words no attacking someone due to them having a retarded grandchild or because of skin color or because of their looks etc.

-I'd legalize or set forth a vigilante/hero program or community security via certain requirements, certain weapons and tests to be passed. Also, not to interfere but HELP the police in situations. I'd even set forth a program for it where you can get paid, hence a hero job if you will for helping people. Costumes optional unless you're working for a company then required. Body armor would also be required, weapon training, Martial art courses etc.

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HenryDWR

Name: Equalists

Color: Gold

Mascot: Panther

Taxes: I am getting rid of any loopholes in the Tax Code. I think that millionaires, in fact, should spend a HIGHER percentage of their money on taxes.

Healthcare: I think healthcare should be really cheap. Doctors would get a bit of money from the government each month as well, to make up for this.

Environmental Protection: Protect the environment a lot more. There should be a garbage bill, like the water and electric bill, and people should make plastics out of olive oil.

Abortion: Only if the patient was raped or if her life is at stake. If not, you put the baby up for adoption.

Gay Marriage: Huge supporter. Legal.

Gun Rights: Only a few guns would be allowed, and only if you are of age. If you kill using these guns, you will be revoked from using them permanently.

Death Penalty: Never. Life sentence is as bad as it gets.

Education and Defense: I think that the amount people spend on education & defense should be swapped. What are we so worried about?

War: No starting dumb wars. Also, no getting involved in existing ones unless called upon by a pre-existing alliance or if we are attacked by one of the sides of the war.

Energy: Green please.

Drugs: Like an above poster said, Marijuana should be legalized. Also, if you get addicted to an illegal drug, they should have medical help, not get thrown in jail.

Immigration: Let 'em in.

Trade: Again, let 'em in.

So, that's my political party, hope you like it!

ahzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name: The Conservative Party

Color: Blue

Taxes: Rich people should not pay a largest percentage of their income in taxes than poorer people. It is unfair because they earned those money working. Generally, taxes should be low.

Healthcare: Only private health care. No public hospitals. If you have a family income of under $30000 a year, you should receive some help from the government, but that’s it.

Environmental protection: No controls. Companies should do whatever they like and no laws enforcing environmental protection should exist, as it is very costly.

Abortion: Should be illegal, because an embryo is a human life. Only in extreme cases when the life of a woman is threatened, but the government should not give financial help.

Gay marriage: Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. God does not allow gay marriages.

Education: No public schools (primary, secondary, tertiary). On primary and secondary education a small help from the government should be given to families with income under $30000 a year, but there should not be any help in tertiary education.

Defence: Very important. No cuts in spending on defence.

Gun rights: People should be allowed to protect their own property and own guns. More guns mean less crime.

War: Many times war is essential. Activists and hippies are silly people. Hippies should not be allowed to exist.

Energy: Oil, coal and other gases are very good sources of energy. Other ‘green’ sources are very costly.

Drugs: No drugs should be legal.

Death penalty: Fits perfectly at crimes like murder, child abuse, etc. Nobody should be given a second chance and, once he has committed those crimes, ALL his human rights must be taken away from him.

Immigrations: ALL illegal immigrants should be sent back to their countries, no matter if families must be separated. Support legal immigration when it is in logical numbers.

Free speech: Allowed but to degree.

Trade: Free trade and market. no minimum wage or other controls by the government.

UN: America should not take UN’s opinions into account and must have an independent army who wears a uniform with the American flag.

Poor: No help from the government (except from the cases above). Most of them are lazy people.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Deadite

Name: The Shop

Protect the 2nd Amendment. More guns means less crime.

Universal Healthcare

Restructure towards Socialism

Taxes: Again, restructure towards Socialism.

Legalize prostitution

Protect abortion rights

Reassemble U.S. missile stations in friendly territory.

Avatar image for emperor_of_america_23
Emperor_of_America_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name: the Imperialist Party

Purpose: turn the current weak government into a Empire under a just and fair Emperor with Congress being turned into an Imperial Parliament, conquer or persuade the countries of North America by any means necessary, double the size of the Navy in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By marvel_boy2241

Taxes

Equal taxes for everyone. High taxes. Really high.

Healthcare

Free Healthcare for the poor. Cheap healthcare for the middle class. Regular healthcare for the rich.

Environmental Protection

Yeah. We will recycle and all that good stuff.

Abortion

Do what you want. As long as the baby isn't like all big and stuff in the stomach. I mean like don't go too far with it. Do it early on.

Gay Marriage

NO GAY MARRIAGE. I'm just trollin. lol

Gun Rights

You can have a gun if you are the legal adult. Which will be 18 I guess.

Death Penalty

If you don't want to die, then do go around killing people ON PURPOSE.

Education

Free just like it is now.

Collective Bargaining

Don't know what that is.

Energy

Um. I'm not sure what to say. Energy will be how it is now...I guess.

War

we wont have too much funding into war programs. But should our allies need help we will be there. Oh nad don't f*** with us if you don't want to get blow to bits.

Defense

High defense. I'm talkin' coast guard, Navy, national guard. We just wont pump too much of our money into it.

Drugs

If it is beneficial then it is legal. If it is harful to society, then no.

Immigration

Why let a bunch of Mexicans in our great American country. Again just trolling.

I'll call my party...Demoplublic. The logo is a wolf.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bat-political party

We believe in Justice, and the Batkick

Our symbol is the Bat symbol, duh.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deaditegonzo

I dont care about titles, mascots, or anything not relating to the substance of the parties ideals, so I havent given that much thought. A Wolf would probably be the mascot, as they characterize my ideals to an extent. The name of the party would probably be The Populist Republic or something of the like.

My party would be economically socialist (liberal) and socially conservative. The states would be given final say an the majority of issues, the presidents powers would greatly be reduced, and at the federal level, the focus would be on the Legislative and Judicial Branches. Term limits would be imposed on Congressmen and Justices, though Justices would be allowed the longest terms.

To give you a basic idea of how this party would affect your day to day life:

1. A legal resident of the country could choose between Private or Public health insurance.
  2. Abortion and the Death Penalty would be illegal.
  3. Minimum wage would always be raised with inflation.
  4. Gay marriage and the majority of other issues not pertaining to warfare (or other immediate nationwide concerns) will all be left to the states to vote on.
  5. Monopolies will be more strictly prevented, as will banks becoming "too big to fail".
  6. Drugs will all be legal but may include being excluded from public health insurance, alcohol and tobacco are not exempted.
  7. Our military will exist purely for defense, and will be maintained as such. States will be encouraged to train militia of willing volunteers. The country will be isolationist in its policies, and will avoid long-term allies and enemies alike.
  8. Voters will be asked during elections how they would prefer their taxes being utilized. This isnt a guarantee of anything, but it is better for the government to have a clear idea of what the people's will is.
  9. All guns will be legal to legal residents of the country, but people must submit to a background check.
  10. Legal residents will have the choice between public and private school, even into the university level.
  11. National parks will be maintained, and environmentalism will be encouraged through tax breaks and kickbacks, however any actual restrictions will be imposed at the state level.
  12. Prostitution and pornography must share their legal status, whether legal or illegal, to put an end to the current hypocrisies.

But, all of this said, it is a little idealistic. I think the first major positive change that could happen is for the Libertarian Party to win, or at least take a significant percentage in a major election, because the Dems and GOP must be broken first. The illusion of power they maintain in the mind of the people must be destroyed.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Party of Men.

Men are dominant while women fulfill are hunger and sex based needs.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mediocregeist

The Dictatorship

I am the supreme ruler.