#1 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (24337 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18888 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't really care too much if they change a characters ethnicity as long as the actor can portray the character well,which is of course the main thing.And the main reason is not just changing their ethnicity for the sake of it but so the actor is a good fit for them.

#3 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18888 posts) - - Show Bio

And I am actually more interested in seeing how Dr Doom will be portrayed and by who (if he is in this one that is)

#4 Edited by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love Cracked. Except when they write anything on Star Wars. Their editor should actually research what the writers are talking about.

#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise said:

Gotta love Cracked. Except when they write anything on Star Wars. Their editor should actually research what the writers are talking about.

That recent Man of Steel article was painful to read. And everything Luke McKinney writes. Other than that, yeah gotta love 'em.

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise said:

That recent Man of Steel article was painful to read. And everything Luke McKinney writes. Other than that, yeah gotta love 'em.

Oh yeah that MOS article was garbage, neither clever nor accurate. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to spend the rest of of night on Cracked.com :D

#7 Edited by Sideslash (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it matter?

Like, really?

#8 Edited by Nerx (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

Black & white drama...

However I would prefer hector hammond to be black instead of storm, give him the alan scott treatment

Sometimes movies are damaging as they lead to changes to the main universe (case in point nick fury jr), when the 'average joe' demands for new things the writers bend over. They always look at new fans and spit at old fans.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (36203 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't "Craked responding" it's one mods opinion

#10 Posted by Auralaria (479 posts) - - Show Bio

These back and forth arguments popping up are pretty interesting to me, and that's no sarcasm. Some of those I hadn't heard before.

#11 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome article.

"You'd think that, of all people, comic book fans would be the most accepting of change, what with all the time travel, cloning, and people constantly dying and coming back to life that occur in comic books all the goddamn time. You can't go more than a few years in a comic series without every character's backstory getting completely rewritten."

This is dead on.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17989 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome article.

"You'd think that, of all people, comic book fans would be the most accepting of change, what with all the time travel, cloning, and people constantly dying and coming back to life that occur in comic books all the goddamn time. You can't go more than a few years in a comic series without every character's backstory getting completely rewritten."

This is dead on.

Truth, if only it were true...

#13 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

From the article:

And in the comics, Johnny Storm is white.

That's all it is. His character is white.

The NAACP would be on the case if they made the Black Panther white in a movie.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85517 posts) - - Show Bio

From the article:

And in the comics, Johnny Storm is white.

That's all it is. His character is white.

The NAACP would be on the case if they made the Black Panther white in a movie.

Agree.