Couple beaten by mob in Norfolk, VA.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Not a word on this story on the news.

http://politicsandfinance.blogspot.com/2012/05/did-you-hear-about-white-couple-beaten.html

All this coverage on Trayvon Martin case, not a word on this? Damn pathetic. This is the real race crime.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By _Black

Get em, Fanboy.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ebbm

Neither was killed and neither "suffered grave injuries", since when does someone suffering minor injuries warrant national news coverage? According to you the beating of two white people who suffered minor injuries is more important than a black kid who was shot and killed, good to know.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

It's a tragic thing, man. I noticed that hate crimes on white people don't get much attention. Maybe it would get more attention if whoever wrote that article spent their time and energy gathering people up and contacting some major news groups instead of writing an article on the internet that most likely will not get as much exposure. It's either that or picketing in front of a gov building.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikethekiller

Conservative news blog...oh goodie.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By cyberninja

I see a pattern, but have no fear, I'm sure SuperTide will thank you for making this thread.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

@Ebbm said:

Neither was killed and neither "suffered grave injuries", since when does someone suffering minor injuries warrant national news coverage? According to you the beating of two white people who suffered minor injuries is more important than a black kid who was shot and killed, good to know.

the OP never said anything about it having to do with race. but you are now looking at what the media shows you. For many people, this is a hate crime.

time to wake up sheep.

A crime is a crime. The trayvon martin case has been beaten to death already. Enough. The media is totally having a feild day with it, and people are willingly shoving down their throats. If anything, the martin case shouldn't be about Race. No. It should be about gun laws/policy. Race shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ebbm

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

the OP never said anything about it having to do with race. but you are now looking at what the media shows you. For many people, this is a hate crime.

Yes it did. "This is the real race crime." plus the link which says:" did-you-hear-about-white-couple-beaten"

"This is the real race crime" implies the death of a black kid is less important than the beating of two white people. Plus the link to the story comes from some random political blog, I wouldn't trust its reporting to be 100% bias free.

@nickthedevil said:

A crime is a crime. The trayvon martin case has been beaten to death already. Enough. The media is totally having a feild day with it, and people are willingly shoving down their throats. If anything, the martin case shouldn't be about Race. No. It should be about gun laws/policy. Race shouldn't have anything to do with that.

The Trayvon murder case became about race when the police department left the murderer go without charging him. It was necessary for the national media to get involved to bring Zimmerman to justice. I do agree that the media sensationalized the story and conjured up this gigantic partisan fight, however if national attention to the case never happened Zimmerman would probably still have never been charged. It's ignorant to think that the racial element could possibly be ignored in a story like this given the US's history of racial inequality and injustice. It was bound to open up old wounds whether the murder was racially motivated or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should've stayed in the car...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

Yes it did. "This is the real race crime." plus the link which says:" did-you-hear-about-white-couple-beaten"

"This is the real race crime" implies the death of a black kid is less important than the beating of two white people. Plus the link to the story comes from some random political blog, I wouldn't trust its reporting to be 100% bias free.

@nickthedevil said:

The Trayvon murder case became about race when the police department left the murderer go without charging him. It was necessary for the national media to get involved to bring Zimmerman to justice. I do agree that the media sensationalized the story and conjured up this gigantic partisan fight, however if national attention to the case never happened Zimmerman would probably still have never been charged. It's ignorant to think that the racial element could possibly be ignored in a story like this given the US's history of racial inequality and injustice. It was bound to open up old wounds whether the murder was racially motivated or not.

Hold on now. I never said anything about Two white people getting beat up by a mob is more important than a black kid getting shot and killed. What I was saying was I think the whole Trayvon Martin case being a race crime is BS. I think it had nothing to do with race. I highly doubt Zimmerman killed Trayvon purely out of him being black. I mean 'This is a real race crime' because there really isn't much denying it. Don't put words in my mouth, and never make me out to look like a racist.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By SuperTide

@Ebbm said:

If a white mob had attacked 2 blacks it would be ALL over the mainstream news.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

I see a pattern, but have no fear, I'm sure SuperTide will thank you for making this thread.

This would be ALL OVER the mainstream media if a white mob had attacked 2 blacks. Fact. And grow up.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ebbm

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

Hold on now. I never said anything about Two white people getting beat up by a mob is more important than a black kid getting shot and killed. What I was saying was I think the whole Trayvon Martin case being a race crime is BS. I think it had nothing to do with race. I highly doubt Zimmerman killed Trayvon purely out of him being black. I mean 'This is a real race crime' because there really isn't much denying it. Don't put words in my mouth, and never make me out to look like a racist.

I didn't put words in your mouth, and I didn't make you out to be a racist. I responded to your exact words, you think two white people being beaten without suffering serious injuries should warrant national media attention and you also believe the murder of a black kid should not. The reason people believe the Trayvon murder was racially motivated is the issue of racial profiling and the fact the police didn't arrest Zimmerman. Whether it actually was racially motivated is irrelevant, people and the media are obviously going to suspect it was due to the nature of the murder and this country's history of racial inequality. I find it funny that you dismiss the Trayvon case as having nothing to do with his race, but say there is no denying that the two white people beaten was racially motivated. If you don't want to be deemed a racist have some consistency.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nickthedevil

@Ebbm said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

I didn't put words in your mouth, and I didn't make you out to be a racist. I responded to your exact words, you think two white people being beaten without suffering serious injuries should warrant national media attention and you also believe the murder of a black kid should not. The reason people believe the Trayvon murder was racially motivated is the issue of racial profiling and the fact the police didn't arrest Zimmerman. Whether it actually was racially motivated is irrelevant, people and the media are obviously going to suspect it was due to the nature of the murder and this country's history of racial inequality. I find it funny that you dismiss the Trayvon case as having nothing to do with his race, but say there is no denying that the two white people beaten was racially motivated. If you don't want to be deemed a racist have some consistency.

this entire convo reminds me of this.

skip to 00:17

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ebbm

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

you do realize that video is being sarcastic. Because the media only seems to care about kidnappings and missing persons if they're white and/or beautiful.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nickthedevil

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

you do realize that video is being sarcastic. Because the media only seems to care about kidnappings and missing persons if they're white and/or beautiful.

it's family guy. of course i know the way this show is done.

and cool it with that. you're asking for heat with that comment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White or Black... should've stayed in the car.

And pulled the fck off.

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ebbm

@nickthedevil: just making sure is all

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Primmaster64

Crime is crime...period.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nickthedevil

@Primmaster64 said:

Crime is crime...period.

that's what i said.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Primmaster64
@nickthedevil: Yes, but mine's cooler :P
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By utotheg38

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

@nickthedevil said:

it's family guy. of course i know the way this show is done.

and cool it with that. you're asking for heat with that comment.

oooooooohhhhhhh he goin give em heat. Oh snap *Z snap*

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By texasdeathmatch
Disgusting.

I'm taking a break from this site, ComicVine is turning into Ebaum's World with these comments and posts.
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nickthedevil

@texasdeathmatch said:

Disgusting.

I'm taking a break from this site,ComicVine is turning into Ebaum's World with these comments and posts.

sorry for anything i might have said to tick you man.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SuperTide

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Rock shouldn't have been thrown.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

Are u serious, who I am tell anyone how to act. This was a bunch of young people, who after reading the article. And being a young black person myself, I already knew what type of crowd these young people were. Let's just say the do sh!t just for the fck of it and really don't care how the next person feels about. The sensible person white or black doesn't throw rocks at cars. Duh.

This could have been a whole lot worse than what it is. Your car gets hit by a rock thrown from a mob of people, who lets say looks somewhat shady. And you wanna get out and try to find out who threw the rock and lecture them or something. lol. Fck that. I'm getting out of there, plain and simple. They could've fck around and killed them.

Like I said before it's common sense here, should stayed in the car and pulled off.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mikethekiller

Sometimes I feel as if these threads are made for the sole purpose of creating a rift between comicvine's black and white users.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SuperTide

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

Are u serious, who I am tell anyone how to act. This was a bunch of young people, who after reading the article. And being a young black person myself, I already knew what type of crowd these young people were. Let's just say the do sh!t just for the fck of it and really don't care how the next person feels about. The sensible person white or black doesn't throw rocks at cars. Duh.

This could have been a whole lot worse than what it is. Your car gets hit by a rock thrown from a mob of people, who lets say looks somewhat shady. And you wanna get out and try to find out who threw the rock and lecture them or something. lol. Fck that. I'm getting out of there, plain and simple. They could've fck around and killed them.

Like I said before it's common sense here, should stayed in the car and pulled off.

Not surprised to see you excuse the people/person who threw the rock and STARTED the whole thing. Hopefully the criminal who threw the rock and the criminals who did the beating will be in a cage, where they belong.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nickthedevil

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

Not surprised to see you excuse the people/person who threw the rock and STARTED the whole thing. Hopefully the criminal who threw the rock and the criminals who did the beating will be in a cage, where they belong.

You mispelled cell.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SuperTide

@nickthedevil said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

You mispelled cell.

Cage.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nickthedevil

@SuperTide said:

@nickthedevil said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

You mispelled cell.

Cage.

bro, i agree with some of your points...

but no need to go that far.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SuperTide

@nickthedevil said:

@SuperTide said:

@nickthedevil said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

You mispelled cell.

Cage.

bro, i agree with some of your points...

but no need to go that far.

That far? What are you talking about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

I'm not excusing anyone. Should they be a in jail for what they did of course they should. But what was your point of bringing up the rock being thrown? We can't dictate how people act, but this could have all been avoided. By them simply pulling off, that's it. They could have pulled off and got somewhere safe, then called the police. Because staying there and trying to found out who did it from this mob of people who obviously, just by them throwing the rock is looking for trouble. Is a much better option. Look how the police reacted to this, they were better off pulling off, getting somewhere safe and calling the police. Because more than likely that mob of people would have still been in the area.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SuperTide

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

I'm not excusing anyone. Should they be a in jail for what they did of course they should. But what was your point of bringing up the rock being thrown? We can't dictate how people act, but this could have all been avoided. By them simply pulling off, that's it. They could have pulled off and got somewhere safe, then called the police. Because staying there and trying to found out who did it from this mob of people who obviously, just by them throwing the rock is looking for trouble. Is a much better option. Look how the police reacted to this, they were better off pulling off, getting somewhere safe and calling the police. Because more than likely that mob of people would have still been in the area.

It could have been avoided by the rock not being thrown. The person who threw the rock and the ones who did the beating are to blame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

@SuperTide said:

@_slim_ said:

And pulled the fck off.

Heh.

It could have been avoided by the rock not being thrown. The person who threw the rock and the ones who did the beating are to blame.

I'm not blaming the victims, is that what you think? All I'm saying is they could've avoided this by pulling off. And once again about the rock being thrown. What can you do about that? You say it can be avoided by the rock not being thrown, but that would imply that everyone is a model citizen and doesn't go around throwing rocks. Everyone isn't a model citizen.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

This would be ALL OVER the mainstream media if a white mob had attacked 2 blacks. Fact. And grow up.

Most people never even heard of Tulsa Killing Spree, and it wasn't ALL OVER the mainstream, you're argument is invalid. Fact. And butt-hurt. 
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Requesting thread to be locked, this thread was created for sole purpose to inform what happened in Norfolk, VA. Not for hating on each other to erupt. Thanks for all OP directed responses tho, folks!

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

Most people never even heard of Tulsa Killing Spree, and it wasn't ALL OVER the mainstream, you're argument is invalid. Fact. And butt-hurt.

You know about butt-hurt don't you? lol And yes if a white mob attacked 2 black people it would be ALL OVER the mainstream media. And you know it.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@nickthedevil said:

@Ebbm said:

time to wake up sheep.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

Most people never even heard of Tulsa Killing Spree, and it wasn't ALL OVER the mainstream, you're argument is invalid. Fact. And butt-hurt.

You know about butt-hurt don't you? lol And yes if a white mob attacked 2 black people it would be ALL OVER the mainstream media. And you know it.

Life is clearly rorschach inkblot, and people only see what they want to see. A white man got killed by a black man, then the family of the white man went on killing spree, killing every black person in sight, that wasn't ALL OVER the mainstream. There wasn't a thread about that in a comic book forum either( as of now), that's a fact. 
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

Life is clearly rorschach inkblot, and people only see what they want to see. A white man got killed by a black man, then the family of the white man went on killing spree, killing every black person in sight, that wasn't ALL OVER the mainstream. There wasn't a thread about that in a comic book forum either( as of now), that's a fact.

Maybe not but a white mob beating 2 blacks WOULD be all over the mainstream media. And you know it.Don't ever bring my name into something like you did earlier in this thread when I'd said NOTHING to you. I'll own you every single time.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cyberninja
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Requesting thread to be locked, this thread was created for sole purpose to inform what happened in Norfolk, VA. Not for hating on each other to erupt. Thanks for all OP directed responses tho, folks!

Of course you only meant to inform us, thank you. 
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cyberninja
@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

Life is clearly rorschach inkblot, and people only see what they want to see. A white man got killed by a black man, then the family of the white man went on killing spree, killing every black person in sight, that wasn't ALL OVER the mainstream. There wasn't a thread about that in a comic book forum either( as of now), that's a fact.

Maybe not but a white mob beating 2 blacks WOULD be all over the mainstream media. And you know it.Don't ever bring my name into something like you did earlier in this thread when I'd said NOTHING to you. I'll own you every single time.

Do you even listen to yourself? I give up, like I said, people only see what they want to see. 
SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SuperTide

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

@SuperTide said:

@cyberninja said:

Do you even listen to yourself? I give up, like I said, people only see what they want to see.

And to be clear, if this was real life and we were around each other you would NOT bring my name into something in a negative way. Now slink away like the coward punk you are.