#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio

I seem to be on a Nintendo spree....guess its cause I am playing Super Smash Bros heh. Anyway folks, could Nintendo Characters do well in the DC/Marvel comic world? I mean come on, its not like it would be surprising given that DC/Marvel has pretty much taken everything and put it in their universe in some fashion or another. I think certain characters could do rather well in either universe.  So which Nintendo characters, do you think would be good for either universe?

1. Link/Zelda/Ganondorf- Straight forward really, I mean theres magic in both universes(though moreso DC) fantasy and all that. They couldn't really be out of place, would it be weird seeing them in a more modern day era setting? Sure it would be weird, but its not like comics are suppose to be realistic or anything. 

2. Starfox- The whole team, could do really well in either universe I think being that technology is so vast in both universes it wouldn't be completely out of place. 

3. Samus- Hmm...she could do well in either universe too, though I think I see Samus more in the Marvel universe. 

4. Mario/Yoshi/Lugi- Well....not entirely sure on this one, I mean I suppose they could be street level characters. 

5. Donkey Kong- Could see working, perhaps a 50 tonner? Maybe a little higher? 

6. Kirby- Dunno on this one... 

7. Captain Falcon- Probably Marvel, maybe a martial artist? I know hes a bounty hunter, so Samus/Falcon team up?

But ya, I could see lots of Nintendo characters doing well in either universe sucks that it'll never happen but would be pretty cool.

#2 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Link: Only evil characters. Upper end street levelers and a little above that would also work. Spider-Man's about his limit.

Fox: In an arwing he could go up against some slightly bigger enemies. Without, really only street level.

Samus: She would do well against really big monsters, but not anything overly powerful. She couldn't go up against like Superman or really even Iron Man. She could give Iron Man a good fight, though.

Mario: Lower to mid range street levelers.

Donkey Kong: I don't think he's a 50 tonner. I've played a few of his games, and he's never really done anything to show that. He's lifted maybe 500 lbs with ease (heavy crates and barrels. Though, he is able to lift a mining cart into the air while he and Diddy are riding in it to make really long jumps. Those things weigh around a ton I think), but his limits haven't really been shown. Honestly he'd pretty much be Gorilla Grodd without TP, but a little stronger.

Kirby: He'd just end up being another character that mimics powers.

Falcon: He'd be an okay street leveler.

#3 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@jobiwankenobi:  Well Job wasn't really asking to rate the characters in how well they do, like suppose to add your own from Nintendo. :P Though I think your selling Link, Starfox team, and Falcon a little short here.
#4 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: I actually forgot to do that I swear I was going to.

Sora easily. He fights gods and has uber powerful magic.

Jago, Glacius, Fulgrore, Cinder, Riptor and most other Killer Instinct characters. They're really powerful and tend to have a certain type of power.

Juno, Lupus, and Vela. They each have a sort of power and uber powerful weapons that blow the crap out of gigantic, cyborg insects.

That's all I got for now.

#5 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@jobiwankenobi:  Neato, but heres how I see mine. 

Link/Zelda- They have both taken on much bigger threats then street leveler type characters, Ganon for example pretty much omipotent with his Triforce piece. 

Starfox- While yes on the ground, the team would be street(low to high) in their Arwings they could take on much bigger though. Being that they could outfit their Arwings and all with different tech, giving them a good advantage. 

Capt. Falcon- Ok ya can see him as a street character, but like Samus I could also see him taking on big monsters too. This could be where the whole Falcon/Samus teamup thing could come into play. 

The characters wouldn't also need to be restricted as to what they do in their games or anything, could mix it up and beef em up.
#6 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Starfox's team working withGuardians of the Galaxy. I mean they have Rocket Raccoon so a fox wouldnt be out of place :p

#7 Posted by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
I could see Starfox's team working withGuardians of the Galaxy. I mean they have Rocket Raccoon so a fox wouldnt be out of place :p
Don't forget Pheasant, Hare, another fox, and Toad!
#8 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Peach, Professor Gadd, Ganon, Andross, could all do well.

#9 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15: Peach? Hm....am curious how come you think so? Ah man almost forgot about Andross, he was awesome.
#10 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Defo imo in the early days they had some great characters that would fit in no problem..

Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, Metroid, Ghost & Goblins etc etc..

#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

Peach can use magic.

#12 Posted by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15:  Eh?...Peach using magic? First time I am ever seeing this...
#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

It's true. Plus she's seen as an attractive character so she could easily build herself a following.

#14 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Link/Zelda/Ganondorf- Straight forward really, I mean theres magic in both universes(though moreso DC) fantasy and all that. They couldn't really be out of place, would it be weird seeing them in a more modern day era setting? Sure it would be weird, but its not like comics are suppose to be realistic or anything. They could be DC.

2. Starfox- The whole team, could do really well in either universe I think being that technology is so vast in both universes it wouldn't be completely out of place. They could be Marvel, maybe work with Squirrel Girl. XD

3. Samus- Hmm...she could do well in either universe too, though I think I see Samus more in the Marvel universe. Think she'd be DC.

4. Mario/Yoshi/Lugi- Well....not entirely sure on this one, I mean I suppose they could be street level characters. Doubt they could be on any.

5. Donkey Kong- Could see working, perhaps a 50 tonner? Maybe a little higher? Marvel.

6. Kirby- Dunno on this one... None.

7. Captain Falcon- Probably Marvel, maybe a martial artist? I know hes a bounty hunter, so Samus/Falcon team up? I think he'd be DC.

#15 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15:  When has she used magic? 

@Funrush:  While thanks for that, your suppose to add in your own Nintendo characters. :P
#16 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

Legend of the Seven Stars?

#17 Posted by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15:  Hm...am still unsure, cause her character just doesn't seem that way. But will take your word for it.
#18 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Fox and Rocket Raccoon TEAM UP NOW.

#19 Posted by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpidermanWins said:

Star Fox and Rocket Raccoon TEAM UP NOW.

Lol, could work very well. Nintendo! Work with DC/Marvel to have game/comic crossovers! It would be something new to read!
#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Link/Zelda/Ganondorg - Maybe, but they would need to change the looks a bit so that it doesn't look to kiddy like Nintendo does. They could be either company if done right.

2. Starfox - Again, this would work for both companies if done correctly. I think it should go on Marvel more though, because I really want to see Star Fox and Rocket Raccoon team up.

3. Samus - Ehh.... that's stretching it. Marvel probably. Maybe as an ally or enemy of Iron Man.

4. Mario/Yoshi/Luigi - Nope. Nope. Not working. They are way too tacky for the comic universes.

5. Donkey Kong - Marvel without a question. Marvel has a knack for ground-bound powerhouses.

6. Kirby - No. Refer to Number 4.

7. More so DC. They have more street level fighters. But, it would work for Marvel as well, maybe as a WWII hero like Captain America.

"Be water my friend"

#21 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@Xanni15: Eh?...Peach using magic? First time I am ever seeing this...

In some older games she could levitate.

#22 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio
@jobiwankenobi:  Ya but thats just levitating, has she actually used magic as forms of attacking is what I mean. 

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:  Again, appreciate that but your suppose to be picking your own characters from Nintendo to include. Not mine.
#23 Posted by joewell (6651 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@jobiwankenobi: Ya but thats just levitating, has she actually used magic as forms of attacking is what I mean.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Again, appreciate that but your suppose to be picking your own characters from Nintendo to include. Not mine.

she use magic in a ds game once, i forgot what it was called but it went with her feelings. that was a great game