Could dueling still be legal?

• 64 results
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@dngn4774: Yes, I don't disagree, but there are rules of war now. An unjust war is a war where one side attacks the other with a weapon and forces the other side to retaliate. Case in point, Russia invading Ukraine.

Russia had no reason for invading Ukriane since the Ukrainians were battling a Civil War to maintain their borders.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@burnface said:

I don't know but I'd gladly put the theory to test against some of the Star wars posters here.

COME AT ME GUYS I HAVE A .22

I challenge you to a lightsaber duel, bring your FORCE FX if you're man enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I'm pretty sure its against the law to even point a gun at people in some places.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@dngn4774: I was saying all nations have settled thier disputes violently before. Civilized is only from within, never really shown outwards.

@superguy1591: there is always something that provokes an attack, whether it be ideals or actions.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: it is agaisnt the law to point a gun at someone since that is a show of force. However, this only applies to doing so unprovoked.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By BatWatch

@ccraft said:

@batwatch said:

It would weed out a lot of stupid and douchey people. Personally, I'm glad Alexander Hamilton caught a bullet. (though he was a very intelligent douche) I wish Andrew Jackson would have caught a bullet too in one of his many duels. He could have cried a Trail of Tears as they dragged him to his deathbed.

What about people who challenge someone who didn't want to due?

I'm mostly joking about supporting dueling. I would have to give it some thought. However, dueling, as I understand it, was always a voluntary thing. You were not forced to duel in the European/American model.

@dngn4774 said:

@batwatch: I get why some people may not like his left wing policies (well what would be considered leftist now), but sex scandals...really? Anti-federalists enjoyed smearing his name with the Reynolds scandal (which he publicly admitted to when confronted on it, as if that actually had anything to do with his politics as opposed to b*llsh*t puritanical shaming) even though they followed Thomas Jefferson, a man who did the same thing (arguably worse because he produced illegitimate children with his slave which were not acknowledged as his own until centuries after his death) in secret.

To review, I said he was a douchebag for being a manipulative, slimy politician who used smear campaigns constantly. He also betrayed the limited government principles he espoused as soon as the power was in his hands. Finally, he cheated on his wife with another man's wife and bribed the guy to keep quiet. If any of those moves seem non-douche to you, feel free to defend them rather than bring up what the other side did.

Yes, the Democratic Republicans shamed him for cheating on his wife with another man's wife. He fully deserved it.

Jefferson has a checky romantic history as well, and I do not defend his bad actions, but you seem to be a little misinformed about it. Jefferson definitely tried to come between a man and his wife when he tried to get one of his friend's wives as a young man. To her credit, she shot him down. After Jefferson's wife died, Jefferson met Maria Cosway, a married woman, who many have speculated had an affair with him though there is no proof. Other than Sally Hemmings, those are the only sexual misconduct allegations.

With Sally Hemmings, it's quite possible, maybe probable, that he did have sexual relations with her. The genetics prove that someone from the Jefferson family had sexual relations with Sally Hemmings, but Thomas Jefferson was not the only Jefferson man at the time near Miss Hemmings, so it's not a certain thing at all.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By transcendence

Dueling is dumb. There's other ways to settle disputes without someone having to die. What makes it worse is that if you refuse you would be regarded as a coward for life.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@superguy1591: notice how I said provoked by ideals or actions. WWI still lingering (reparation) on a desperate country forced them to have a need to expand and fall prey to Hitlers promising leadership.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With bubble guns! How fun!

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

With bubble guns! How fun!

I never knew bubbles were deadly.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: and then they attacked Poland, when Poland had no desire to attack German. That's an unprovoked attack.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By transcendence
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers