Coping With the Blues: The *hopefully* Final Chapter

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Hey ho guys, technically it's Saturday, but to me it feels Friday so meh. Friday morning I went to a doctor and the situation is graver than I thought (even though I shouldn't be surprised).

I have severe depression. Like major depression. It's now mandatory I take medication. I'm starting my meds in the morning to see how they work, and I'll be using them when I'm in Hell for several months. They're generic and have no harmful side-efects, so I'm glad for that. I just hope they really help me out to chill me down, cuz I'm sick of being at the bottom of the emotional well. I want to know happiness. I don't want to fake it anymore.

Oh, and to the guys angry at my "rant", that was me posting up info I heard and my thoughts on it. I may have stricter views than most, but that doesn't give people the right to start labeling me like the sickos that ran the south back in the segregation era. I try treating people I talk to with respect. I hope you learn to do the same.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lady_liberty

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Hey, good luck. I hope the medication helps, depression is a serious illness.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty:

Thanks. :)

It's just difficult to cope when it's the only thing you know how to feel in life.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Loki9876

good luck once again

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Loki9876:

Thanks. :)

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Queso6p4

Good luck. My fiancee also suffers from depression and it thoroughly sucks. In all seriousness I hope you have a kick-ass support system. Hooray for generic cheapness!

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Queso6p4:

I was fine earlier today with the first med I took. Now I feel less than rock bottom now, but not sad, just really, really, angry. I hope with tomorrow I calm down even more than today. *fingerscrossed*

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheWitchingHour

It took me a couple of Doctor's visits to find the right medication for my depression but once I did I felt great. I was productive and lively and more willing to put myself out there. It took about two weeks for it to really kick in. Hope this works out for you. Good luck.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheWitchingHour:

Thanks. I was given trial generic meds, but I'm going to be thousands of miles away in Italy, so my doctor can't watch me for side effects and junk.

Plus, Italian hospitals (IMO) hurt more than they help.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Hey ho guys, technically it's Saturday, but to me it feels Friday so meh. Friday morning I went to a doctor and the situation is graver than I thought (even though I shouldn't be surprised).

I have severe depression. Like major depression. It's now mandatory I take medication. I'm starting my meds in the morning to see how they work, and I'll be using them when I'm in Hell for several months. They're generic and have no harmful side-efects, so I'm glad for that. I just hope they really help me out to chill me down, cuz I'm sick of being at the bottom of the emotional well. I want to know happiness. I don't want to fake it anymore.

Oh, and to the guys angry at my "rant", that was me posting up info I heard and my thoughts on it. I may have stricter views than most, but that doesn't give people the right to start labeling me like the sickos that ran the south back in the segregation era. I try treating people I talk to with respect. I hope you learn to do the same.

Okay. I will tell you what to do. Go to the liquor store, now, and get a bottle of this:

No Caption Provided

Okay, back? Ok. start taking chugs from the bottle (to hell with a shot glass) while listening to this:

Welcome to the blues.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By utotheg38

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Okay. I will tell you what to do. Go to the liquor store, now, and get a bottle of this:

No Caption Provided

Okay, back? Ok. start taking chugs from the bottle (to hell with a shot glass) while listening to this:

Welcome to the blues.

Dude, Even I wouldn't do that. He might actually go.........................

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@utotheg38 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

No Caption Provided

Welcome to the blues.

That's how you handle the blues down in the South, lol... Crawl into a bottle, and drown your sorrows. If you are suicidal though, don't touch alcohol.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By utotheg38

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@utotheg38 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

No Caption Provided

Welcome to the blues.

That's how you handle the blues down in the South, lol... Crawl into a bottle, and drown your sorrows. If you are suicidal though, don't touch alcohol.

yeah

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Depression from what? No nosiness intended.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Best of luck with the medication. Most of them (that I know of) take a while to really have an effect, but in my experience they really do help.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Squares:

To those in my day-to-day life, I'm a lot calmer. To myself, I wish I had a bigger noticeable change.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: It can be hard to notice changes in one's self. Even with medication dealing with depression is difficult, it's just somewhat....less so.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Squares:

Meh. I'm the kind that want immediate effects. I hate waiting around.