Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey ho guys, technically it's Saturday, but to me it feels Friday so meh. Friday morning I went to a doctor and the situation is graver than I thought (even though I shouldn't be surprised).

I have severe depression. Like major depression. It's now mandatory I take medication. I'm starting my meds in the morning to see how they work, and I'll be using them when I'm in Hell for several months. They're generic and have no harmful side-efects, so I'm glad for that. I just hope they really help me out to chill me down, cuz I'm sick of being at the bottom of the emotional well. I want to know happiness. I don't want to fake it anymore.

Oh, and to the guys angry at my "rant", that was me posting up info I heard and my thoughts on it. I may have stricter views than most, but that doesn't give people the right to start labeling me like the sickos that ran the south back in the segregation era. I try treating people I talk to with respect. I hope you learn to do the same.

#1 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Hey, good luck. I hope the medication helps, depression is a serious illness.

#2 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty:

Thanks. :)

It's just difficult to cope when it's the only thing you know how to feel in life.

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

good luck once again

#4 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876:

Thanks. :)

#5 Posted by Queso6p4 (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck. My fiancee also suffers from depression and it thoroughly sucks. In all seriousness I hope you have a kick-ass support system. Hooray for generic cheapness!

#6 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Queso6p4:

I was fine earlier today with the first med I took. Now I feel less than rock bottom now, but not sad, just really, really, angry. I hope with tomorrow I calm down even more than today. *fingerscrossed*

#7 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

It took me a couple of Doctor's visits to find the right medication for my depression but once I did I felt great. I was productive and lively and more willing to put myself out there. It took about two weeks for it to really kick in. Hope this works out for you. Good luck.

#8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour:

Thanks. I was given trial generic meds, but I'm going to be thousands of miles away in Italy, so my doctor can't watch me for side effects and junk.

Plus, Italian hospitals (IMO) hurt more than they help.

#9 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Hey ho guys, technically it's Saturday, but to me it feels Friday so meh. Friday morning I went to a doctor and the situation is graver than I thought (even though I shouldn't be surprised).

I have severe depression. Like major depression. It's now mandatory I take medication. I'm starting my meds in the morning to see how they work, and I'll be using them when I'm in Hell for several months. They're generic and have no harmful side-efects, so I'm glad for that. I just hope they really help me out to chill me down, cuz I'm sick of being at the bottom of the emotional well. I want to know happiness. I don't want to fake it anymore.

Oh, and to the guys angry at my "rant", that was me posting up info I heard and my thoughts on it. I may have stricter views than most, but that doesn't give people the right to start labeling me like the sickos that ran the south back in the segregation era. I try treating people I talk to with respect. I hope you learn to do the same.

Okay. I will tell you what to do. Go to the liquor store, now, and get a bottle of this:

Okay, back? Ok. start taking chugs from the bottle (to hell with a shot glass) while listening to this:

Welcome to the blues.

#10 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Hey ho guys, technically it's Saturday, but to me it feels Friday so meh. Friday morning I went to a doctor and the situation is graver than I thought (even though I shouldn't be surprised).

I have severe depression. Like major depression. It's now mandatory I take medication. I'm starting my meds in the morning to see how they work, and I'll be using them when I'm in Hell for several months. They're generic and have no harmful side-efects, so I'm glad for that. I just hope they really help me out to chill me down, cuz I'm sick of being at the bottom of the emotional well. I want to know happiness. I don't want to fake it anymore.

Oh, and to the guys angry at my "rant", that was me posting up info I heard and my thoughts on it. I may have stricter views than most, but that doesn't give people the right to start labeling me like the sickos that ran the south back in the segregation era. I try treating people I talk to with respect. I hope you learn to do the same.

Okay. I will tell you what to do. Go to the liquor store, now, and get a bottle of this:

Okay, back? Ok. start taking chugs from the bottle (to hell with a shot glass) while listening to this:

Welcome to the blues.

Dude, Even I wouldn't do that. He might actually go.........................

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Hey ho guys, technically it's Saturday, but to me it feels Friday so meh. Friday morning I went to a doctor and the situation is graver than I thought (even though I shouldn't be surprised).

I have severe depression. Like major depression. It's now mandatory I take medication. I'm starting my meds in the morning to see how they work, and I'll be using them when I'm in Hell for several months. They're generic and have no harmful side-efects, so I'm glad for that. I just hope they really help me out to chill me down, cuz I'm sick of being at the bottom of the emotional well. I want to know happiness. I don't want to fake it anymore.

Oh, and to the guys angry at my "rant", that was me posting up info I heard and my thoughts on it. I may have stricter views than most, but that doesn't give people the right to start labeling me like the sickos that ran the south back in the segregation era. I try treating people I talk to with respect. I hope you learn to do the same.

Okay. I will tell you what to do. Go to the liquor store, now, and get a bottle of this:

Okay, back? Ok. start taking chugs from the bottle (to hell with a shot glass) while listening to this:

Welcome to the blues.

Dude, Even I wouldn't do that. He might actually go.........................

That's how you handle the blues down in the South, lol... Crawl into a bottle, and drown your sorrows. If you are suicidal though, don't touch alcohol.

#12 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@utotheg38 said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Hey ho guys, technically it's Saturday, but to me it feels Friday so meh. Friday morning I went to a doctor and the situation is graver than I thought (even though I shouldn't be surprised).

I have severe depression. Like major depression. It's now mandatory I take medication. I'm starting my meds in the morning to see how they work, and I'll be using them when I'm in Hell for several months. They're generic and have no harmful side-efects, so I'm glad for that. I just hope they really help me out to chill me down, cuz I'm sick of being at the bottom of the emotional well. I want to know happiness. I don't want to fake it anymore.

Oh, and to the guys angry at my "rant", that was me posting up info I heard and my thoughts on it. I may have stricter views than most, but that doesn't give people the right to start labeling me like the sickos that ran the south back in the segregation era. I try treating people I talk to with respect. I hope you learn to do the same.

Okay. I will tell you what to do. Go to the liquor store, now, and get a bottle of this:

Okay, back? Ok. start taking chugs from the bottle (to hell with a shot glass) while listening to this:

Welcome to the blues.

Dude, Even I wouldn't do that. He might actually go.........................

That's how you handle the blues down in the South, lol... Crawl into a bottle, and drown your sorrows. If you are suicidal though, don't touch alcohol.

yeah

#13 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10116 posts) - - Show Bio

Depression from what? No nosiness intended.

#14 Posted by Squares (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

Best of luck with the medication. Most of them (that I know of) take a while to really have an effect, but in my experience they really do help.

#15 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squares:

To those in my day-to-day life, I'm a lot calmer. To myself, I wish I had a bigger noticeable change.

#16 Posted by Squares (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: It can be hard to notice changes in one's self. Even with medication dealing with depression is difficult, it's just somewhat....less so.

#17 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squares:

Meh. I'm the kind that want immediate effects. I hate waiting around.