Cop Shoots, Kills Student for Speaking Disrespectfully

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

this man gives the good cops a bad image. dude should rot in prison

As long as there are police officers like corporal Christopher Carter of the University of the Incarnate Word campus police, there will be cause for alarm that freedom and justice in the United States have seriously eroded.

The San Antonio campus cop was placed on paid administrative leave following the shooting of a clearly unarmed and non-combative student. What was the 23-year-old student’s crime? Robert Cameron Redus was shot dead by officer Carter at 2 a.m. for nothing more than making a sarcastic remark toward the officer who pulled him over for speeding..

According to the police report, local KSAT News explains that witnesses affirmed that the cop literally “emptied his gun” into the student without warning.

“I didn’t hear him say anything like, ‘Get down on your hands and knees,’ you know?” one witness explained, “I didn’t hear him say anything. He just started shooting. He emptied the gun on him… Boom, boom, boom.Six shots — five or six.”

Mohammad Haidarasl also witnessed the murder, saying that Redus’ last words were “Oh, you’re gonna shoot me?”

Redus couldn’t believe officer Carter would actually go that far, but Haidarasl added that the cop kept yelling “Stop resisting, stop resisting,” even though it was clear Redus was offering no physical residence, only sarcastic comments.

Haidarasl knew Redus, living right below him. He was “the nicest guy,” Haidarasl said. Other students described him as “kind, intelligent, compassionate and well-loved within the community.” In fact, no one had anything bad to say about him, except for the officer that murdered him in cold blood.

“He was not an aggressive person at all, so the story doesn’t make sense,” one student who wished to remain unnamed said.

Carter has claimed that shortly after he stopped Redus, “a struggle ensued” between himself and the student.

An official statement from the university seemed to support the killer cop, saying that Carter has “an extensive law-enforcement background,” working for “several years” at the school. But the San Antonio Express-News says that he’s only been working there for two-and-a-half years, a relatively short time for any police officer.

In fact, in a short period of time, Carter has come and gone from several law enforcement positions.

What can you do? SPREAD THE WORD! Let people know what kind of POLICE STATE American citizens are facing. Then contact the police department that officer Carter works for and let them know that you DEMAND that he be fired IMMEDIATELY and brought up on criminal charges. Administrative leave will simply not do!

Furthermore, contact the University itself, demand that Carter is fired! This insanity will continue as long as we passively accept it as “the way things are.”

http://politicalblindspot.com/cop-shoots-kills-college-student-for-speaking-disrespectfully/

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's actually really sad.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's actually really sad.

i smell a huge law sute with the university since they backed the killer cop

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gotta love that protectin' and servin'

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throw him in prison and let the prisoners have their way with him

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, now that's just overkill much.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even through the cop shouldn't have shot him, the kid brought it on himself.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are giving a hugely misleading and inaccurate accounting of events. The officer only opened fire after he had already been wounded in the skull and arm by a baton. It was a fairly clear cut case of self defense and well within the bounds of the law.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate cops

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kgb725

If America just had a good justice system

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: And gay rights.
And gun laws that make sense.
And less interference with recreational drugs.
And less...

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission:

You are giving a hugely misleading and inaccurate accounting of events. The officer only opened fire after he had already been wounded in the skull and arm by a baton. It was a fairly clear cut case of self defense and well within the bounds of the law.

I researched this myself and there are differing accounts. Maybe you should recount the story as having such and let people come to their own conclusions rather then pushing your own agenda?

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TazzMission

@lady_liberty said:

your an idiot if you believe that. no cop fires 5 rounds if they get assulted. hell usually one non lethaL shot is mainly used to simply disarm not kill

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoL, this isn't a surprise. 'Shoot first, ask questions later'? That's the motto in 'Merica...

No Caption Provided

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty said:

your an idiot if you believe that. no cop fires 5 rounds if they get assulted. hell usually one non lethaL shot is mainly used to simply disarm not kill

Sometimes one round is enough to effect a stoppage, sometimes it isn't. I've never heard of anyone, officer or not, shooting to disarm. I'm sure its happened sometime in the history of the world, its just pretty rare.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is some Robocop logic right there.

This just shows again the fact there is a need to make evaluations to public functionaries and to limits their powers.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17 Lunacyde  Moderator

Just wanted to point out the factual innaccuracy of saying he unloaded his whole clip into the guy. Nearly any handgun used as a sidearm by modern police departments have AT LEAST 10 round clips with the average being closer to 15-17.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TazzMission

@tazzmission said:

@lady_liberty said:

Sometimes one round is enough to effect a stoppage, sometimes it isn't. I've never heard of anyone, officer or not, shooting to disarm. I'm sure its happened sometime in the history of the world, its just pretty rare.

yea you oviously have no clue. the only reason a cop shoots to kill is to prevent themselves from being killed. in this case the kid didnt pull a gun or a knife or even try to run him down with his veichle. the cop couldve used a tazer but he decided to go rouge and pump 5 slugs into him.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TazzMission

@lunacyde said:

Just wanted to point out the factual innaccuracy of saying he unloaded his whole clip into the guy. Nearly any handgun used as a sidearm by modern police departments have AT LEAST 10 round clips with the average being closer to 15-17.

the witness said he heard 6 shots so that leaves 4 in the clip. the reason why im so pissed about this is because a cop like this give the good ones a bad image where people wont trust them. they will always see them as the controversial bad guys when it was just one psychopath who decided to be robocop. should this idiotic cop be the reason to say hey all cops are alike? nope

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: A blow to the skull with a baton can be instantly lethal and the officer had already sustained at least one blow to the skull. Its lethal force, which means he was justified in using lethal force in return. He is under no obligation to use a tazer when he fears for his life, assuming he was even issued one.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: A blow to the skull with a baton can be instantly lethal and the officer had already sustained at least one blow to the skull. Its lethal force, which means he was justified in using lethal force in return. He is under no obligation to use a tazer when he fears for his life, assuming he was even issued one.

again you have no freaking clue. shooting someone 6 times is way out of line. one shot to the shoulder or leg wouldve stopped it. also there was a witness so are you going to say the witness is wrong and take the schools side who btw wasnt even there at the scene? the witness even stated he didnt here the cop say get on the ground or put your hands behind your back. also this cop left 7 other police jobs. what makes you think he didnt pull the same crap at the 7 other places? im no cop myself but cmon even you have to admit that is suspicious because who transfers 7 times?

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow well that's ridiculous.... 7 shots!?!?!? I mean come on. But Why did he make a sarcastic remark to the cop in the first place?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This sucks. Especially with how bad it's making cops look.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow well that's ridiculous.... 7 shots!?!?!? I mean come on. But Why did he make a sarcastic remark to the cop in the first place?

depends on the cop. some do in fact do random shit just because they are bored. i remember this one guy i worked with who was black the cops drove around the lot at our work and slapped a ticket on his car wich was legally parked. now the thing is if he wouldve said something he wouldve been aressted most likely. i witnessed this myself and im not the bull shitter type and it does happen. hell i remember years ago i was with my 2 cousins and her 1 daughter who was like maybe 5 and her 2nd daughter was 1 or 2 and some guy was either drunk or high was driving really fast hit at least 5 parked cars and took off. cops didnt come for 3 hours after the entire block called. thats chicago for you

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With great power

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By AllStarSuperman

uh,

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: .... Me too!!! I like the cold though... Winter is my fav season.

What area do you live in?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RisingBean

@lady_liberty said:

@lady_liberty said:

again you have no freaking clue. shooting someone 6 times is way out of line. one shot to the shoulder or leg wouldve stopped it. also there was a witness so are you going to say the witness is wrong and take the schools side who btw wasnt even there at the scene? the witness even stated he didnt here the cop say get on the ground or put your hands behind your back. also this cop left 7 other police jobs. what makes you think he didnt pull the same crap at the 7 other places? im no cop myself but cmon even you have to admit that is suspicious because who transfers 7 times?

Untrue. Generally police unload a magazine at center mass. Police officers do not shoot to disarm except in very limited cases.

And as for the rest, I 'll speak as a former Infantryman with the U.S. Army who has engaged enemy combatants. In other words I know about being under life and death stress.

Somebody hits you in head and knocks you out. What can they do to you? Kill you. They can stomp in your skull or shoot you with your own weapon. If you are fighting for your life (as was stated in at least one alternate account I read) You are not going to pop off one or two rounds and hope to disarm a guy. You're life is on the line. You are fighting to survive. The situation is hectic and If that is the case his adrenaline was up and shooting is already harder then most COD playing kids think it is. You shoot until the threat is contained, meaning the enemy is down.

If somebody doesn't have a clue in this case, I'd say it's you.

Onto the bigger picture, I don't know the events that occurred because I wasn't there. So I am going to reserve my holier then thou art judgments. I can say if the police officer was guilty of murder then he deserves punishment. If he was defending himself, then the guy who died made a dumb decision that cost his life.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

This upsets you? Do what you can about it. Elect the right public officials. Use your power as a citizen. Hold government accountable. My uncle taught me that "when a student is ready to learn, that's when the teacher appears" similar sentiments can be used here. "When people realize the power they have, that's when change ensues".

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope he rots in jail.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By SOG7dc

I hope he rots in jail.

they'll probably give him a medal

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By nefarious
JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cops are low paid thugs,it isn't hard enough to become a police officer.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Police officer is a horrible person

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers