Cop shoots dog four times. Debate if it was needed.

• 52 results
SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Excuse me if I come biased anywhere in this. Personally, I'm totally beyond pissed that this cop could just keep his job, and not get in trouble at all.

Basically, there was an issue about two days ago, where there was an armed robbery, and police came. Massive shoot out, something of the sort. Here's where it gets iffy. A man named Leon was driving down, and his music was loud. Okay, so it was rude to have it loud, but whatever. He got out of the car, and took his dog with him just to see what's going on. Personally, he was just looking at the situation in my eyes, but whatever. Cops came to question him, and he put his dog back in the car. The window was down. He was getting handcuffed, when the dog suddenly jumped out, and ran to his owner. It didn't attack at first, until one of the cops touched it.

Cop STARTED issue with dog by touching it, and dog jumped. Not really at a fast pace, and he missed. One could argue it was enough to pull a taser out by shown in this issue.

If I may, let me add into that video by saying it's the same time of dog, doing the same thing as the other video. I won't be posting the video with the dog getting shot, because it's sick. It doesn't zoom in, but the first shot even keeps it down. The first shoot makes it limp around, until it backs off. Cop continues TO SHOOT, AFTER A DAMN BREAK at the defenseless dog. Dog is put down, owner is crying and shouting to stop.

Here's an interview with the owner.

It's emotional. I'm saying the dog didn't deserve it. If anything, I feel the pig cop should be fired and arrested, but I know sadly some people would disagree.

You can look up the video. It's being spread around like crazy. It's ruthless, and the cop shows no sympathy in the situation. You may be saying "WELL, YOU SOUND BIASED."

I am.

1. I love dogs. I own a pit/lab mix. It's a pup, it's defensive. It doesn't bite, but it does bark and jump around when even me and my friends are sparing.

2. I live in the city area, my friends are "hoodlums" that people look down on, who usually don't do much wrong. I've already had annoying situations with cops. This is also around the time I'm starting to think "Man, I might be TOO harsh on cops. Some of them are good people."

This just raised my hate, and I don't see it going down. People asked me "What would I do if that was me?". Hit it in the nose. Shoot it once, maybe in the leg [As cruel as that sounds, if I was the cop and I HAD to use the gun.], tazer it, you know.. like the one video I posted which is the same type of dog that did the same thing. Stun it.

I wouldn't shoot it four times, especially since the first time it already backed off. If you must, just look up the video. I had to call my friend just to calm me down.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was it wrong, yes. Should he get fired for it, no.

Why?

Cause it was a dog.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rodney king of dogs lol

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sick.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SideburnGuru
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched the vid and here's how I view it... The owner was a goddamn idiot. And as for the shooting? Yeah the dog didn't attack at first but the way he/she was touched was only as a gesture of calming him/her down. The it became aggressive. The police may have been jumpy with shooting the dog but they had the right to. It was a threatening position for them. Overall I pity the dog but not the owner. He was an idiot and should not have been loitering around that area and acting like a damn paparazzi in the first place.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru:

The cop reacted how he knew. I saw the video and the shots werent separate how you describe it. He did it all together. He saw a dog attacking him and that was the result. Could it have been handled better? Ya. But when a person is in the course of action, they cant slow down time and decide that they want to shoot in this specific spot. If you want to go into animal rights, then go ahead.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: ..Wait. So he got out of his car and looked at the area. I know, it's stupid. But he did what I know many people do, and wanted to see a situation go down.

He didn't do it all together. Please, show me in that video how it's all together. He shoots once, then the dog limps for a bit. Then he fires the rest of the shots.

Again, there's no justifiying this after I just showed a video within the SAME situation, and an experienced police man handling it just as well. With research, you could see the cop who shot him isn't new to the system either. There is no justifiying this.

This a cop shooting a dog multiple times because he has no idea how to handle his job. He deserves to be fired. I honestly think he deserves alot more unspeakable things, but that's only because I am indeed biased in this situation against the pig cop.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru:

That cop already knew that the dog was agressive and was going there specifically to handle that disturbance. He was prepared for it. If you heard the news reporter, she said he had the right to shoot. The street was empty and he had plenty of space to do what he had to do. The other cop had no idea the dog would have been agressive and touched it calmly while he was trying to handle two other situations. It attacked and he shot like he had the law given right to do. There was no space for him to go hopping around and he definitely didn't expect it to attack him unlike the other cop who saw it coming from the house. I can't post the video right now but I can assure you there was no pause between his gun shots. He didn't stop and decide to resume. He shot all 4 shots, the dog limped back in shock, fell down, and spazzed out into the middle of the street.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By RedLantern23

The problem with your arguement, as well as most I've seen on facebook, is that you're blinded by emotion. All anyone sees is "cop shoots dog"

First of all, the owner wasnt simply "seeing what was going on." The music from his car is blaring, and he is walking in between cop cars and up and down the block of A STANDOFF SITUATION WITH AN ARMED ROBBER. He also antagonizes the officers. You can hear him saying things such as "white cops" and "where the black cops at?" He was being a completely unnessecary hinderance to a very serious situation. The reason he was arrested is because the officers told the owner to back up as well as turn off his music, and he refused both. Thats not "just seeing what was going on"

If you watch the video, you can see the owner struggling and trying to resist after he is in handcuffs. This riles up the dog and you can see the dog exit the car and run towards the officers. They draw their weapons, but dont shoot. After a few moments in a standoff, the dog leaps at an officer. Boom. Thats enough to justify firing a weapon. As for the taser suggestion, tasers are not required to be carried by all officers. One might not have been present at the time. If that dog gets ahold of that officers arm, you're talking about potential muscle and nerve damage. Thats serious.

As far as the 4 shots that were fired, they were close together. I dont knoe what delusional world youre living in, but its pretty clear the shots happen in a 2 second span. Maybe less.

All i know is if this clown hadnt been snooping around where he has no business being, this chain of events would not have happened. I love dogs, and do feel horrible after watching the video, i see no wrongdoing from the officers.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pfcoolio14

@redlantern23:

This, I would quote if I could but Im not on my computer

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with your arguement, as well as most I've seen on facebook, is that you're blinded by emotion. All anyone sees is "cop shoots dog"

First of all, the owner wasnt simply "seeing what was going on." The music from his car is blaring, and he is walking in between cop cars and up and down the block of A STANDOFF SITUATION WITH AN ARMED ROBBER. He also antagonizes the officers. You can hear him saying things such as "white cops" and "where the black cops at?" He was being a completely unnessecary hinderance to a very serious situation. The reason he was arrested is because the officers told the owner to back up as well as turn off his music, and he refused both. Thats not "just seeing what was going on"

If you watch the video, you can see the owner struggling and trying to resist after he is in handcuffs. This riles up the dog and you can see the dog exit the car and run towards the officers. They draw their weapons, but dont shoot. After a few moments in a standoff, the dog leaps at an officer. Boom. Thats enough to justify firing a weapon. As for the taser suggestion, tasers are not required to be carried by all officers. One might not have been present at the time. If that dog gets ahold of that officers arm, you're talking about potential muscle and nerve damage. Thats serious.

As far as the 4 shots that were fired, they were close together. I dont knoe what delusional world youre living in, but its pretty clear the shots happen in a 2 second span. Maybe less.

All i know is if this clown hadnt been snooping around where he has no business being, this chain of events would not have happened. I love dogs, and do feel horrible after watching the video, i see no wrongdoing from the officers.

Well said!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SideburnGuru

@redlantern23:

1. Really? Okay, so I got that part wrong. Didn't know that allows the cops to restrain him from holding back his dog, but whatever. From what the one video says, it says all he did was get near the situation with blarring music. Be glad, you're right.

2. HE WAS STRUGGLING AFTER THE DOG GOT OUT. Are you serious? Actually, what really riles him up is the idiot touching a wild dog that's already defensive of the owner. He was struggling when the dog was about to jump out of the window. But of course, the genius law enforcement didn't notice that part. Sure you'll find a way to defend them there too.

3. Usually, they either carry a taser or a stun gun. If the cop didn't have either, he's a piss poor cop. Then again, just watching the video I can tell that. I don't see how a cop doesn't have either, because they'd need some way to take down a criminal without shooting. Well, maybe. Unless you're that cop, where your first instinct is your gun, apparently. Speaking of which, if he's that quick to pull out a gun at the dog, I wonder what he'd do when a person jumps at him. Lol, no tazing there. He'd probably just a shoot a person four times too, I'm guessing from what I see.

4. That first shot had him down, maybe you should open your eyes. It was hardly that fast. From what I saw, the one shot had him limping, then right after that was the other quick shots. Then again, you're trying to justify a dog killer. You keep defending the "glorious" people of the law who abuse their powers. This cop deserves to go to hell.

5. If you see no wrong doings, I can't talk you out of it. My videos still prove that the cop on the one I shown was a professional, while the cocky moron with the goofy "bad ass" sun glasses is a true moron, who doesn't deserve a job was an unprofessional about the situation. You'll defend that cop though. "He did what any normal person would do." Again, what does that prove? He's not supposed to be a normal person. He's supposed to be a professional upholding the law. The proper example with the same dog was shown. Apparently, that cop wasn't as trigger happy. Which, let's change it up then. The guy did what any trigger happy person would do.

6. Don't claim to be a dog lover. Seriously, don't. Claim to be a cop lover. I'll continue to praise the professional cops who can properly stay calm in their situation, hence the video I posted, while you can defend killers like the one that I didn't post.

7. Either way, he killed a dog which didn't need to be killed. It could've been tazed. Stunned. Shot once, done... But no, he shot it four times. I really hope he loses his job and his life sucks from it. I already said I was biased. I fully expect a sarcastic post back. Either way, all I see? Is a man defending a dog killer. Props to you, you must be proud. . Of course, you'll say it's open minded and forgiving. I say it's overly forgiving, and if the world were ran by people like you, well.. it already is, we'd have more gun first crazy cops who think it's a smart idea to touch an already defensive dog.

Luckily enough, I'm not alone in justice for the dog. If there's any hope, the guy will lose his job.

@pfcoolio14:

No space? What the hell are you talking about? He had that WHOLE alley. He had just as much as the other cop at the time. He didn't need to touch it, and he could've easily did what the other cop did.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! All I see now is prejudice driven by emotion. I feel for the dog. I really do. Hell, I myself am attached with my dogs and don't want that to happen to them. But that doesn't give me the right to be biased and judgmental to the officers and all that. Especially when they were clearly on the defensive side. Clearly the fault of that idiot owner and I have zero empathy for that guy.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SideburnGuru

@ssejllenrad said:

Wow! All I see now is prejudice driven by emotion. I feel for the dog. I really do. Hell, I myself am attached with my dogs and don't want that to happen to them. But that doesn't give me the right to be biased and judgmental to the officers and all that. Especially when they were clearly on the defensive side. Clearly the fault of that idiot owner and I have zero empathy for that guy.

So, you have zero empathy for the guy who mistakenly lost his dog due to a trigger happy cop, but empathy for the pig who shot it. Uh. Even if the guy was a total moron, which I'm not going to even state about that, the guy loved the dog. Hence, the reason he put it in the car. Hell, if I really wanted to stretch it out, why didn't the cops give him enough time to put up the window? Why didn't one of them try to hold onto the dog or some sort? Unprofessionalism.

Like I said, I will stay judgemental. This things happen all the time with cops. Trigger happy dip-shits, for the most part. I will say there are good cops out there, who don't deserve to be called such things, sadly the majority of them are just asses.

And don't get me wrong, I fully am prepared to see tons of people saying "Look, you're biased with emotion. Just stop.". I understand that. I said that before. I won't change on this.

No Caption Provided

It's for discussion with others. All I'm ever going to see is a dog killing pig. That's it. Don't want to respect me for it? Fine. Can't ever deny that I'm being honest with myself though. Hell, you can look at my profile picture. My dog is pretty much like a kid to me.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dog attacked the cop. It's justified.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The cop wasn't right to kill right away the dog.He should've just shot him in a place just to put him down but the owner was an idiot to stop and look what was happening with his music being so loud and being like some kind of a paparazzi.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lilben42

No its not justified. How about you tase the dog. Or another cop goes behind the dog to get the leash. Why did he even have his gun out? The dog didn't even attack him it jumped. Dogs do that all the time when they are angry. Maybe if the dog was biting him I would be like alright. These cops should either be fired or go back to training because they obviously can't control themselves with guns.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing wrong here. It's justified shooting.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

The dog defended it's owner... like any dog would do. That said, even where I live, cops have the permission to shoot if they feel their lives and limbs are threatened.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a cop came in my back yard and looked for a reason to shoot my dog I'd bust his ass up so hard that he would have amnesia and wouldn't know what to say to his peers.

Just sayin'

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BadVoodoo
@monsterstomp said:

If a cop came in my back yard and looked for a reason to shoot my dog I'd bust his ass up so hard that he would have amnesia and wouldn't know what to say to his peers.

Just sayin'

The sucky thing is, even though that cop would deserved every inch of that ass kicking you would probably spend the rest of your life in prison... just saying

Anyways there are no bad dogs, only bad owners. Sadly this owner let his dog down and he paid with his life... I mean what the hell was he thinking?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: The dog charged then and they had to think fast. It doesn't matter what you think, because it is in fact justified. Had it not been, the cop would be in trouble right now. But he's not because the law justifies defending ones self.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure there's more important things to be mad about than the untimely justified demise of a dog.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

If the dog was making a threatening leap toward me, I'd shoot him too.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lilben42

@awesam: No they got afraid and got trigger happy. When there were so much other options. Shooting should always be a last resort for cops.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AweSam

@lilben42: Well, he could have also taken a shuttle to the moon, but he didn't. He did the right thing and defended himself. It's justified. Deny it all you want, but in the end, you're wrong.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lilben42

@awesam: Well I don't feel like getting into a whole debate and stuff. So I am just going to say, the dog didn't attack him yet, he jumped once the cop put his hand near the dog.

Thirteen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Thirteen13

It's the dog owners fault, if he hadn't been such a moron and minded he's own business the entire situation could have been avoided and the dog would still be alive and drinking from the toilet, but unfortunately it had a f**kwit as an owner that it died trying to protect. Even as someone that isn't a fan of the police shooting the dog was justified IMO as it was a large rottweiler making an aggressive/attacking motion, I would have done the same thing if placed in the position with no other viable options.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
deactivated-57d57a3174063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he kept driving, his dog would still be alive now. He put his dog at risk by getting involved in the situation. Not only that, but watching the video over a few times, he was pretty much taunting the police. The first video you posted shows the police officer who was getting attacked draw his gun. I'm guessing its an instinctual in the heat of the moment type of thing. It was the other officer who wasn't in the panic fight or flight mode who was able to think without stress and draw the taser. I'm also guessing the cop was trying to get to the leash or something. Again, I'm just going by what I saw in the video.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the heat of the moment your instinct kicks in. I'm not taking chances. That police was in a stressful situation and has to support himself and maybe a family. i'm not waiting to see if this dog is nice or not. I'm shooting....many times. Police life>>>>>>>>>>>>dog

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unjustified arrest, pigs flexing their egos. I'm used to it cops shot a kid around my neighborhood on the back while he was running away, a lady caught it on tape but that piece of shit just got a slap on the wrists. I ripped my i support my local law enforcement sticker from my bumper sticker after that.

thetonester89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thetonester89

Poor dog. Stupid owner.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That is overkill.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I laugh at people who call cops pigs. They are immature and hilarious.

Anyways, I feel sorry for the dog, it was clearly trying to protect it's idiot owner. But I don't blame the cops for what they did. Though 4 shots is kind of overkill wouldn't ya think?

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haven't heard from you in a sec guru..

the man shouldn't be interfering at the scene with his dog..why the hell would he bring his dog out of the car. i think they're both in the wrong here. though the owner is an idiot.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Post all the pictures of your dog you have and keep saying I'm not a dog lover. You're just proving my point. There's no point in arguing with someone that cant use logic or see both sides clearly.

There are plenty of cases of cops shooting a dog when it was completely unessecary. Dozens a year probably. But this is not one of them.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw the video of the actual shooting and though the officer was justified in his actions it doesn't make it any less upsetting. Poor dog died for being loyal.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Just sayin'

The sucky thing is, even though that cop would deserved every inch of that ass kicking you would probably spend the rest of your life in prison... just saying

Anyways there are no bad dogs, only bad owners. Sadly this owner let his dog down and he paid with his life... I mean what the hell was he thinking?

That's why I said I'd give him amnesia, so his peers wouldn't know what to put on his report. He wouldn't know which house he visited or wouldn't remember my sexy face. So in actuality I'm free, no witnesses, just a beat up cop with amnesia and nothing to report with. I think I win.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SideburnGuru

@the_stegman: If you'd put your hands on an already defensive dog like an untrained jack ass, then you don't deserve to shoot.

@awesam

That's why you're not a cop. It was hardly justified. So, as I brought up before. You believe the cops should have a shoot first nature, right? It's justified.

Hey, alright. Like I said, really hope that same horrid waste of life doesn't ever have a human target. We know that human has no chance of being stunned. That cop believes in shoot first nature. And it's totally justified. OBEY THE LAW, OR DIE. That's pretty much what you're saying, right?

@biteme_fanboy: It's usually the bad cops, you call pigs.

@xeno_seeker:Like I said though, he tried to put the dog back in the car. I feel like this. I WILL justifiy the cops, in saying they couldn't let him in the car with the laws they have to follow. On the same note, if they would've taken care of the car, or at least let him roll the windows up so he couldn't get out, the whole situation may have changed.

@redlantern23:

Used logic in that response to your post. For the most part, at least.

Still don't think you love dogs as much as you say, if you still try to defend a cop when one was even shown to handle the situation in the same entity better.

So, you're saying if a little kid would jump at a cop, it'd be completely fine to shoot. And since the law justifies it, it's alll A-Okay, right? I mean, that's what everyone is making this out to be.

Like I said, the line is being pushed. Apparently, people have leaked his name, adress, and number on different videos. There's already apparently death threats going to the guy, and more. Don't know how I feel about that. Part of me is saying, that's pushing it. The immature part of me is totally laughing at the guy.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Please tell me you're joking. The dog is a meter away, the cop is holding a gun. He doesn't have time to think, he can onky act. He also has no time to take out his tazer. I'm not even going to bother with you.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SideburnGuru

@awesam: That's right champ. He wasn't, HOLDING the gun before the dog came after him. Infact, he had nothing in his hands when he touched the already defensive dog, because y'know, that's smart and professional. Wild dog, trying to protect owner, what to do? Obviously touch the dog. Makes sense.

Actually, if that was the case, alot of cops would be fired by now when it comes to other incidents. Such as someone chasing a cop, or some unarmed person chasing a cop. From what I know, a majority of cops will disable the threat, rather than shoot it four times. You keep justifying a trigger happy nut case.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pfcoolio14

@sideburnguru: I'm pretty sure a a fully grown rotweiler isn't the same as a little kid. One has alot more potential to hurt someone. And you could disagree with me all you want, but I'd value a human life over an animal one.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dog did lunge at the cop and he had the right to shoot it. Should he have grabbed a taser but in the middle of the job that mistake shouldn't cost him a job.

The real blame is with the owner not securing the dog.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dog did lunge at the cop and he had the right to shoot it. Should he have grabbed a taser but in the middle of the job that mistake shouldn't cost him a job.

The real blame is with the owner not securing the dog.

..He tried to secure the dog. He put it back in the car, and he couldn't put the window back up. It was also on a leashe [? That's probably spelled wrong.]. He was also restrained. Maybe if they let him calm it down, results would've changed.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: Show me a child that can rip through a grown man's arm like butter, and I'll concede. Seriously, that is the most irrational statement in this thread. If you cant accept the fact that animals, specifically dogs, have the capability to inflict serious harm on someone then you shouldnt be allowed to own one.

And you say he couldnt roll the windows up? What basis do you have for that? It looks to me like the cops were in no rush to arrest him. If you watch the video, after he puts the dog in the car he walks over to the officers and puts his hands behind his back. Its not like right after he put the dog in the car the cops walked over to him and threw him to the ground. But of course, everything is the cops fault, isnt it?

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: And seriously, grow up. You dont know me, and you are coming off as really immature. "U MUST HATE DOGZ IF YOU SIDE WITH TEH COPZ"