convicted sex offender's license bill is introduced

• 61 results
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

good and if that dosent work start executing rapists and pedos legaly with lethal injection

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

Should sex offenders have the status marked on their driver's license in Tennessee?

The idea received a good bit of debate Wednesday on Capitol Hill.

A new bill would require the words "sex offender" to be stamped on a convicted offender's driver's license in red three times.

It would increase state expenditures one time by $150,000.

The sponsor of the House bill, Rep. Matthew Hill of Jonesborough, told a sub-committee he got the idea from a constituent at a daycare where people have to show identification to be on a list to pick up children.

Critics pointed out the stamp would open offenders up to another level of ridicule.

The bill, first filed in late January, was put on hold to give lawmakers time to think.

source

http://www.wate.com/story/24837531/sex-offender-license-bill

red more at this link

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/Default.aspx?BillNumber=HB1747

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Go for it.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

with no mercy.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Deathstroker
No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I don't want that stamped on m....I mean their license plate. It's too much

Avatar image for thebringerofdeath
TheBringerOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing anybody for any reason is barbaric and idiotic who are you to force your morals down all the rest of our throat.

This bill is ridiculous i am sick to death of people complaining about rape or sexual violence. Yes its bad but their are so much worse things out there why is this the thing people need to be labeled for. Whats next should i have to have "i robbed a store" on my drivers license or "I got a parking ticket 17 years ago" . What about the people wrongly convicted and with all the people psyched out of their minds about rape a lot of people will be convicted with little to no reason. I can see it now "A women agreed to have sex with me she got pregnant, she claimed i raped her, now every time i step out of my house i am ignored and harassed"

By the way the reason so few people get sent to jail for rape is because it is hard to prove not because people are ignoring it or because we don't think its a serious issue.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am for this. Of course, it is not all black and white as some may be innocent, but overall I would like this bill to pass.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deadite

@thebringerofdeath said:
What about the people wrongly convicted and with all the people psyched out of their minds about rape a lot of people will be convicted with little to no reason.

@thebringerofdeath said:

By the way the reason so few people get sent to jail for rape is because it is hard to prove not because people are ignoring it or because we don't think its a serious issue.

Your post in itself resolve the issue you have with the bill in my opinion.

In my idea of a perfect world every genital would be defunct until the person reach adult hood and pass through a series of test.

And instead of the death penalty the rapist would be memory wiped and given a new identity, new memories, if the person's nature is questionable than he'd be given memories that induce a self-maintaining personality.

Doesn't matter that sci-fi movies likes to play the idea as evil, I say our reality can't be proven to be real anyway, crazy people could just as well be locked up because most of us are actually crazy. Nothing is perfect. At least when someone sees a solution, they shouldn't ignore it due to conventional thinking.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonez_

@thebringerofdeath: You dare compare sexual crimes with petty theft and illegal parking?!?!

Do you think you would say this if you've been raped?-

"This bill is ridiculous I am sick to death of people complaining about rape or sexual violence."

I mean honestly, if you were continuously molested as a child, do you really think you would say that same thing?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tattooing and branding foreheads would better deter and shame sex offenders.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a bad idea.

Riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Riddlergeist

Tattooing and branding foreheads would better deter and shame sex offenders.

ooh... how bout we take them all to an island and brutally kill them...

-Riddle Me This

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jonez120 said:

@thebringerofdeath: You dare compare sexual crimes with petty theft and illegal parking?!?!

"This bill is ridiculous I am sick to death of people complaining about rape or sexual violence."

I mean honestly, if you were continuously molested as a child, do you really think you would say that same thing?

yea, you just earned a follow.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TazzMission

@thebringerofdeath said:

Killing anybody for any reason is barbaric and idiotic who are you to force your morals down all the rest of our throat.

This bill is ridiculous i am sick to death of people complaining about rape or sexual violence. Yes its bad but their are so much worse things out there why is this the thing people need to be labeled for. Whats next should i have to have "i robbed a store" on my drivers license or "I got a parking ticket 17 years ago" . What about the people wrongly convicted and with all the people psyched out of their minds about rape a lot of people will be convicted with little to no reason. I can see it now "A women agreed to have sex with me she got pregnant, she claimed i raped her, now every time i step out of my house i am ignored and harassed"

:sigh: facepalm thank god your not a cop let a lone a parent because your oviously brainless

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TazzMission

@jonez120 said:

hes probably one himself wich is why he is so defensive. no rational human being would say what he said

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonez_
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebringerofdeath: again, you show your ignorance. for your information, this is not just any crime, this is rape. your post makes people wonder whether or not your a sex offender yourself, I mean, your so passionate, and so dedicated to saying that this particular crime is nothing to worry about. is there something your not telling us? like, what will your future license plate say?

Avatar image for thebringerofdeath
TheBringerOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grow up. Is your argument really "yeah well you're a rapist!"

Again rape is bad but their are worse things and much more important things.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good and if that dosent work start executing rapists and pedos legaly with lethal injection

Wait... execute an innocent person because of a mental condition? Should we also execute people with down syndrome?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here we go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TazzMission

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

Wait... execute an innocent person because of a mental condition? Should we also execute people with down syndrome?

pedophilia or adult rape isnt a mental condition nor a choice and you really cant compare that to downs . i highly suggest you start read psych journals because you have made the most ridiculous argument.

if people like that are from a mental condition why dont you open your house up than ? put your money where your mouth is

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

pedophilia or adult rape isnt a mental condition nor a choice and you really cant compare that to downs . i highly suggest you start read psych journals because you have made the most ridiculous argument.

if people like that are from a mental condition why dont you open your house up than ? put your money where your mouth is

Rape is a crime, pedophilia's an attraction. Two different things.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I find your message ironic, considering your username.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

your talking about adults commiting sick acts on kids ages 5 -12.

if you dont think thats a crime i really hope you never reproduce

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

No, I'm talking about pedophilia, not child molestation/rape. Pedophilia is an attraction to children, nothing else. Educate yourself.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

@awesam said:

@tazzmission said:

No, I'm talking about pedophilia, not child molestation/rape. Pedophilia is an attraction to children, nothing else. Educate yourself.

i come from a family that deal with stuff like this everyday seeing as they are councilers . i think i would know what im talking about

jesus christ man instead of believing whatever you think you know pick up a book on the subject and learn something ask any trained therapist . please tell me your not one of those people who believe pedophilia is also homsexuatily because if you are i highly suggest you stop wile your ahead

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AweSam

@tazzmission: I advise that you tell your family to double check which school they went to (if they did). I also advise you Google the definition of "pedophilia". It's actually common sense. I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying you should check up the definition. Homosexuality is an attraction to the same sex. At what point did I even mention it?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine being lied on by a girl and you get prosecuted for nothing(because we know women love to say they were raped), this makes registering even worse.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@tazzmission: I advise that you tell your family to double check which school they went to (if they did). I also advise you Google the definition of "pedophilia". It's actually common sense. I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying you should check up the definition. Homosexuality is an attraction to the same sex. At what point did I even mention it?

you talk talk and talk and yet have not given any source for your claim.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger; as a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

Wikipedia

A pedophile is a person who has a sustained sexual orientation toward children, generally aged 13 or younger.

Not all pedophiles are child molesters (or vice versa). "Child molesters are defined by their acts; pedophiles are defined by their desires,"

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/explaining-pedophilia

There you go :)

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@tazzmission: Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger; as a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

Wikipedia

A pedophile is a person who has a sustained sexual orientation toward children, generally aged 13 or younger.

Not all pedophiles are child molesters (or vice versa). "Child molesters are defined by their acts; pedophiles are defined by their desires,"

I wish I could refollow you.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yep. Label them and don't let them forget what they did.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TazzMission

@awesam said:

Wikipedia

lol wikipedia is your go to source?

come back to me when you have a legit conformation from a person with a phd and 32 years in the subject.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JakeN7

@tazzmission: You're being very stubborn and ignorant in regards to AweSam's point which is just that a pedophile is attracted to children. Unless he ACTS on those feelings (molestation or rape) than just being a pedophile (someone who finds children sexually attractive) is not a crime.

Now initially I was going to tell AweSam that he's arguing semantics, but your refusal to grasp his meaning left me no other choice than to side with him on this one.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TazzMission

@jaken7 said:

@tazzmission: You're being very stubborn and ignorant in regards to AweSam's point which is just that a pedophile is attracted to children. Unless he ACTS on those feelings (molestation or rape) than just being a pedophile (someone who finds children sexually attractive) is not a crime.

no im arguing with him about how its not a brain disorder. he tried comparing it to down syndrome

bi polar is a brain disorder, aspergers is a brain disorder schitzoprenia is a brain disorder . adults checking out kids aint no disorder. are we now going to argue homosexuality or even hetrosexuality is a brain disorder now?

i mean where does it end?

if he really believes there is no harm in even thinking that sort of way i honest to god he talks to a profestional instead of reading off of wikipedia like its something really accurate.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: It's not a mental disability or neurological disorder, but it also isn't a choice. While there is no way to medically treat it (although therapy can help) we should'nt condemn pedophiles to death for loving children any more than we should condemn straight people for loving the opposite sex. It's only when they give in to their urges that they deserve a special place in hell.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Let me play devil's advocate...... What is stopping any of these sex offenders from getting an out of state license? It's not hard to get one......

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: yep, just think; would you kill Herbert the pervert?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JakeN7

@baron_von_santa: Absolutely not! He's the funniest part of Family Guy. Plus, the dude never gets lucky, so he hasn't done anything wrong...yet.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't like this for the simple fact that some people are convicted as sex criminals for peeing in a public place or something like that. This could ruin someone who isn't a rapist or pedophiles life.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@jaken7: lol. though if you think about it, family guy is pretty lame without herb. even the Simpsons season 24 and 25 is like equal to their best seasons.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AweSam

@tazzmission: Well, I'll be happy to inform you that Wikipedia is a reliable source acknowledged by just about every school. Another thing is that in order to post on Wikipedia, someone needs a reliable source (cited on the bottom of the page). I gave you a second source, which was written by Ray Blanchard who has a PhD in this very subject. As JakeN7 said, you're being very stubborn, so I'll just leave it at this.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be better to stamp it on their license plate or something. What does the driver's license help? How many people do you actually show that too? There is the thing about falsely accused people, but that's a problem with every type of punishment.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TazzMission

@jaken7 said:

@tazzmission: It's not a mental disability or neurological disorder, but it also isn't a choice. While there is no way to medically treat it (although therapy can help) we should'nt condemn pedophiles to death for loving children any more than we should condemn straight people for loving the opposite sex. It's only when they give in to their urges that they deserve a special place in hell.

i never stated it was a choice im just saying its not a mental disorder like awesam claimed it to be. dude i see a shrink because i was suicidal last year do to a side effect of welbutrin to quit smoking. he has over 30 years experiance and pretty much covers everything and im sorry but if that makes me stubborn than so be it but you cant believe everything you read online. thats what awesam dosent get because he or she thinks just because its online its 100% legit.

youd be suprised at what me and my therapist talk about because you hear all this stuff in the media about things and youd be suprised at all the misinformation is out there.

theres people in the world who really believe homosexuals go out and do things to kids when that is not true at all. you also have people who really believe sexuality is a choice as well when its not. a person is what a person is.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TazzMission

@jeepeh said:

I think it would be better to stamp it on their license plate or something. What does the driver's license help? How many people do you actually show that too? There is the thing about falsely accused people, but that's a problem with every type of punishment.

what they need to do is really target the ones who do things to kids that are very young like 5-teens. those are the ones who should be executed

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jeepeh

@tazzmission said:

@jeepeh said:

what they need to do is really target the ones who do things to kids that are very young like 5-teens. those are the ones who should be executed

Well that to. Though I can think of worse things to do to them. >:) :P But pertaining to this thread, I didn't see the point of the driver's license. How many people actually see your driver's license?