• 64 results
#1 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Aliens? Moon landing? 9/11? What are some conspiracy theories that might make some sense to you.

#2 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying it was aliens...

But it was aliens.

#3 Posted by Major_Blackstar (408 posts) - - Show Bio

President Kennedy Assassination

#4 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

President Kennedy Assassination

What exactly do you believe happened? and why?

#5 Posted by Major_Blackstar (408 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomguy: Just to many unanswered question. Such as his coffin being switched, just stuff like that. Personally I don't think about it much but the CT fans love to bring up question

#6 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that governments can be driven with self interest and not the people. I believe that governments can make an attempt to try and control their nations.

However, I don't believe all the conspiracy theories.

At the same time, I love Lupe Fiasco's line, "9/11, Building 7, did they really pull it?"

(+)

#7 Edited by AssertingValor (5391 posts) - - Show Bio

I try to stay educated but not dwell in conspiracy

#8 Posted by DoctorXander (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming American's make up a majority of CV's users, so they won't have heard of this, but in Australia our Prime Minister Harold Holt went swimming one day and was never seen again. While most rational people would say he drowned or something I'm pretty sure he was a Chinese spy and he swam down to their submarine and they picked him up and he leaked valuable Australian secrets.

Which is why I'm scared of China

#9 Posted by redleader1 (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@doctorxander: okay that's interesting are there any other conspiracys over there.

#10 Posted by HumanRocket (7780 posts) - - Show Bio

The one I feel is that the government did find some kind of alien technology and have been able to reverse engineer it. The government has released some versions of the technology to the public but have kept more of the advanced ones to themselves.

#11 Posted by DoctorXander (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@redleader1: One that's just a silly urban legend. The Japanese actually invaded Australia during WW2 and released panthers into the Warby Ranges as a subtle attack method.

#12 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

9/11

JFK

The Banks and Big Corporations control the Fed, government, and basically the world.

Roswell

Other assassinations such as RFK, MLK, John Lennon.

#13 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard some interesting theories concerning things such as the JFK assassination, some of which I could actually see being true.

#14 Edited by Immortal777 (7347 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Kennedy was killed by a magic bullet.

#15 Posted by redleader1 (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@doctorxander: if I ever get in a big Internet fight that is what I need to do to the other person.

#16 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that the aliens are fighting the reptilians over the right to be the first to land on the Moon (of course still unclaimed), so that from there they can release more effectively the chemtrails made with the same stuff they used to destroy the WTC on 9/11.

Then they will make us blow up from the inside but masquerading the explosions as if they are caused by tiny flying disks they rescued from Roswell. They need those because, even though they are aliens, they came here so many thousands of years ago, when they created the human race, that they lost all of the technology.

This will of course make Earth available for when their ancestors come back on Nibiru, like the Mayans foretold. Then they will enjoy long baths in the chlorine/fluorine/mind-control-chemicals-in-the-tap-water and they will be ruled by Kennedy, only hidden all these years with the excuse of an assassination.

He will lead them to an age of prosperity thanks to the extensive use of the HAARP-project derived technology.

Oh, and ghosts.

#17 Posted by judasnixon (6487 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Chibi_cute (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

The apollo 11 never landed on the moon..

China is plotting to conquer asia and the world...

The yamashita treasure was found but kept in secret and smuggled out of the philippines..

The area 51 crash landing site.

#19 Posted by _Gaff_ (3346 posts) - - Show Bio

More than one JFK shooter.

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17872 posts) - - Show Bio

None. There is a reason they are simply conspiracy theories.

#21 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

None. Anyone who thinks we didn't land on the moon is just plain stupid.

#22 Posted by 14NC3 (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't believe in this but I think this is interesting: There's an organisation that's trying to make all money digital instead of on-hand so that one day they can shut the whole network down thereby having everyone fight themselves so that they can take over the world. Something like that.

#23 Posted by SOG7dc (6991 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. I love this thread

#24 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Why?? There is ton of reasonable evidence that is way more believable that they didn't than the evidence that they did.

#25 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@awesam said:

Why?? There is ton of reasonable evidence that is way more believable that they didn't than the evidence that they did.

False. Every point brought up about it being fake has been disproved. I personally have disproved anything anyone has ever argued to me. On the other hand, there is enough evidence to undoubtedly prove that we did in fact land on the moon and we did have the technology and funding to do so. Anyone who thinks we didn't land on the moon either hasn't looked at the evidence that we have or just don't understand the evidence.

#26 Edited by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if it would fit into conspiracy theories, but I kind of believe we have a cure for AIDS and most/all forms of cancer.

#27 Posted by Thanofleeze (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

What? Anyone with a decent telescope can see the actual footprints on the surface of the moon. Or is that another big conspiracy dealing with tricky alien goblins with human spaceboots?

#28 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@awesam said:

What? Anyone with a decent telescope can see the actual footprints on the surface of the moon. Or is that another big conspiracy dealing with tricky alien goblins with human spaceboots?

Err... not really, but NASA did release pictures. I love how people think filming a movie, launching a rocket into space, and convincing the Soviets to come in second place seems more logical than landing on the moon.

#29 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@thanofleeze said:

@cattlebattle said:

@awesam said:

Err... not really, but NASA did release pictures. I love how people think filming a movie, launching a rocket into space, and convincing the Soviets to come in second place seems more logical than landing on the moon.

You forgot hiring Stanley Kubrick to direct the moon landing film.

#30 Posted by Thanofleeze (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@thanofleeze said:

@cattlebattle said:

@awesam said:

What do you mean "not really"? I've seen them myself.

#31 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: Sure it wasn't the shadow of a rock? They're even too small for the Hubble to resolve. Even the most powerful telescopes (including the Hubble) are unable to resolve them.

#32 Edited by Thanofleeze (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@thanofleeze: Sure it wasn't the shadow of a rock? They're even too small for the Hubble to resolve. Even the most powerful telescopes (including the Hubble) are unable to resolve them.

Wow, I don't know where you get all your information, but this statement is clearly false. Anyway, as Scully would put it, you want to believe, so I'm not going to convince you of anything =)

#33 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Wow, I don't know where you get all your information, but this statement is clearly false. Anyway, as Scully would put it, you want to believe, so I'm not going to convince you of anything =)

I got it from my understanding of telescopes which I got from my Astronomy class at my university.

#34 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

the ones i do 100% believe

jfk was an inside job

roswell did in fact happen

i really do believe at the rate we are going as a country we will end up with a one world government run by bankers.

911.............. honestly im still mixed on that one

those are my top 5 i can think of right now 4 being i do the last being maybe

#35 Edited by The_Deathstroker (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh...Not many.

#36 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, first off a thread about this has already been made. A few years ago at this point I think, and second I do not believe in many conspiracy theories and things I believe that some people may consider conspiracy theories are real to me, and in most cases have proof behind them.

Such as large businesses and banks influencing the paths many politicians take as well as certain choices some make. That is considered a conspiracy theory by a lot of people, so I guess that's one. Oh and that the C.I.A. is behind much of the drug trade and distribution... oh wait that's not a theory that's actually true. Very much largely believed to be just a conspiracy theory by most however.

I present to you a quote form former D.E.A. agent Michael Levine,

"I have put thousands of Americans away for tens of thousands of years for less evidence for conspiracy with less evidence than is available against Ollie North and CIA people. . . . I personally was involved in a deep-cover case that went to the top of the drug world in three countries. The CIA killed it."

#37 Posted by Thanofleeze (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@thanofleeze said:

@awesam said:

I got it from my understanding of telescopes which I got from my Astronomy class at my university.

Then you should know that the Hubble telescope isn't even on the Earth...

#38 Posted by wildcats25 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

a faked moon landing makes sense to me.. I want to believe that it was something man has achieved.

I have a feeling humans have existed on earth far longer than what the history books have taught us in school.

The ancient alien theory seems plausible as well.

i definitely believe there are a small group of people that know more than the public. I want to believe there's a "good" reason for withholding information.

9/11 - what i firmly believe: (from a physics point of view) those buildings weren't designed to fall, even from a colliding aircraft.

JFK - definitely a CIA hit, more than one shooter.

Area 51- i can understand security on a military research level, such as R&D for advanced aircraft. however, if this place is such a secret, why has it leaked into our pop-culture? I have a feeling its a red herring designed to keep the public focused on one area when the real theories of what happens there are actually some place else; like right under our noses.

oh, and if astronauts did find a hidden base on the moon, well that just means that we DID go to the moon.

AIDS/HIV - this almost seems like a perfect biological weapon.

Cottingley fairies - that 5th photo, the one that was said to be authentic photos of real fairies, well, i looked at it closer. I think I do see something but I tell myself my brain is trying to make sense of the image. its a long shot.

I guess, i'm in the group that skeptical but wants to believe.

(maybe I am a weirdo) :(

#39 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: I do, and that's why I mentioned how not even the Hubble can resolve them.

#40 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

9/11

JFK

#41 Posted by swordmasterD (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying it was aliens...

But it was aliens.

So true... So true *slow clap*

#42 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jackson faked his death.

#43 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

The Illuminati conspiracy. It's completely far-fetched, but some of it is so obscure it can't not be true.

#44 Posted by Rouflex (17274 posts) - - Show Bio

Illuminati, i'm not talking about the Reptillian or Alien part but just the part where 1 very evil group control the world economy and its has somethig to do with USA and Israel.

#45 Edited by DoctorXander (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

I believe Kennedy was killed by a magic bullet.

Wow, those blenders can be vicious

#46 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4220 posts) - - Show Bio

Crack is a hell of a drug...

#47 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone believe the one about vaccines causing autism?

Also another that I question is fluoride in our water. Only a handful of countries do it including the US, UK, Canada. Some countries have discontinued this practice, that must mean that it isn't really necessary. They say it's use is too prevent tooth decay, but how do we really know if it's not harming us? *Queue Menacing Music*

#48 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24108 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that governments can be driven with self interest and not the people. I believe that governments can make an attempt to try and control their nations.

At the same time, I love Lupe Fiasco's line, "9/11, Building 7, did they really pull it?"

(+)

All though Lasers wasn't a great album...It did have it's moments.

All Black Everything, State Runs Radio and Words I Never Said is off the chain.

#49 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24108 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildcats25:

AIDS/HIV - this almost seems like a perfect biological weapon.

As someone who studied this subject intensively, this one is complete BS.

#50 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

(+)

All though Lasers wasn't a great album...It did have it's moments.

All Black Everything, State Runs Radio and Words I Never Said is off the chain.

I love Love Always Shines Remember2 Smile a.k.a. L.(A).S.E.R.S.

I think it might be my favorite album from Lupe Fiasco. I personally fail to understand the negative ratings Lupe's 3rd album has received. That year, I think it was 2011, that year my favorite albums were REC(+)VERY, L.(A).S.E.R.S., and Mood Muzik IV. It is funny that those albums are considered to be bad by the majority of fans in the Hip Hop community. I loved them.

But yeah, I totally agree, Words I Never Said is off the chain. Lupe's Bars, and... what's her name?... Skylar Grey's voice is beautiful on that track.

(+)