Conor McGregor on Ronda Rousey's grappling

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We're sure Conor would have no problem beating Ronda and Floyd. I wanted to post this show that even a fighter like McGregor had to admit that Rousey's olympic level grappling is too much for him. Apparently her grappling would be useless against Floyd but let see if McGregor's words could give us a better perspective of this Rousey and Mayweather debate.

Becoming the latest man to express his admiration for the fighting prowess of Ronda Rousey, interim men’s featherweight champion Conor McGregor told SI Now on Tuesday that he has no interest in stepping in the ring with the UFC women’s bantamweight champion.

“I certainly would not like to end up in a tie-up with Ms. Rousey,” the 27-year-old Irishman said. “I remember one time, I’d seen her and I greeted her and I said ‘what’s up champ?’ and we embraced. I swear on my life her back muscles were the solidest back muscles I’d ever felt in my life.”

McGregor won his title on July 11 by defeating No. 1 contender Chad Mendes, leading many to speculate that he is now the greatest pound-for-pound MMA athlete in the world. When asked whether he or Rousey deserved that title, McGregor dodged, instead focusing on Rousey’s unprecedented success and impact on the women’s side of the sport.

“If this lady was to get a hold of me she would throw me on my head in literally one second flat,” he said.

Later, McGregor slyly added that he would at least stand a chance against Rousey: “But make no mistake about it, I have my ways to win that fight too.”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this for the people that think Floyd is immune to a takedown from Ronda

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Honestly, I think McGregor's just jumping on the hype wagon. He knows publicity for her is good publicity for the UFC and by extension, himself too.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

I feel like Ronda she is a phenomenal athlete and an inspiration to all genders and people across the world, but most people saying they're scared of her seem to be being modest. Conor as featherweight and is naturally ectomorphic he is very skinny and Ronda is about as big as Rafael Dos Anjos, most women don't achieve that kind of athleticism even if they trained that hard so even if Conor were serious about his accusations then I wouldn't be surprised.People are really blown away by the fact that she is physically above alot of females by a wide margin most women only care about looking pretty, having fun, and and not being single their whole lives Ronda being a dominating athlete whilst also seeming feminine really throws people off.Women having their priority on other things is really off putting to alot of people but it shouldn't be her fame for being a dominate female athlete who seems attractive to alot of people is in itself kind of sexist.

On another note people keep trying to say that she can beat Floyd but a lot of people really can. Floyd fights to make money and ducks people until they get old making the person in question that he ducked more famous. Floyd is a great businessman and still a very above average boxer but hey mma fighters like Jose and Chad would put him into a vegetative state with one punch. Ronda could beat him but alot of the top level male UFC fighters would one shot him and most of the people above welterweight would literally kill him.

Of course if you put a boxer in the same ring as an MMA fighter they will definitely lose the majority but boxing is not as simplistic as people think, there is different ways to throw punches that you can't even think about in mma, more of a focus on footwork and keeping your hands up for rounds is not as simple as people think.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yeah, right.

Conor is just wanking Ronda because it's what's best for business.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, right.

Pretty much. Ronda's about as threatening as a wet noodle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: How about you fight her since she's just a wet noodle?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he really means that, he would beat Ronda.

And since this is the real point of this thread, Floyd isn't immune from a takedown, its just unlikely. She has to get close to him to take him down, and when she gets close he will strike.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: He never said Ronda could beat him. He was complimenting her grappling ability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: “If this lady was to get a hold of me she would throw me on my head in literally one second flat,” - Conor McGregor

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly, I think McGregor's just jumping on the hype wagon. He knows publicity for her is good publicity for the UFC and by extension, himself too.

This. Mcgregor would likely fracture Ronda's skull with his striking. No question that Ronda has the best ground game though.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatness respects greatness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: He suggested that if he enter a cliche with her that she could take him down. She takes guys bigger than him down in training.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@somayareece: “If this lady was to get a hold of me she would throw me on my head in literally one second flat,” - Conor McGregor

McGregor was put on his back against Mendes and still won in 2 rounds.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly just trying to hype her up, be nice to a fellow ufc fighter. He knows he'd drop her in a second

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: So because I disagree with her hype and don't find her threatening I need to fight her? lolerz

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spambot

Conor didn't actually say she would beat him. He says that he thinks he could find a way to beat her but just that in a cinch that Ronda could take him down. Its not a big deal to admit a woman could take a man down guys. Take downs and throws are her thing. She more than likely could take him down in an instant if she had him in a cinch but that doesn't mean she would beat him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol @ Bethe Correia though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: She got destroyed lol. She should quit mma after that humiliating lost.

ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ILikeBigTits

Of course McGregor is going to dick ride, he was trying to get in her pants a few years back. If you watched the fight, you have concrete proof Ronda couldn't beat Floyd or McGregor, look how wild she was standing up, Correia getting KO'd, it's just a testament to how bad WMMA is.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course McGregor is going to dick ride, he was trying to get in her pants a few years back. If you watched the fight, you have concrete proof Ronda couldn't beat Floyd or McGregor, look how wild she was standing up, Correia getting KO'd, it's just a testament to how bad WMMA is.

She wouldn't stand up with him.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not fair Floyd can't even read

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Floyd one-shots her.

He couldn't even oneshot his girlfriend.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ComicStooge

@leo-343 said:
@comicstooge said:
@leo-343 said:

Floyd one-shots her.

He couldn't even oneshot his girlfriend.

@vivide said:

Not fair Floyd can't even read

All of y'all are just mad coz he stacks paper to the ceiling and rides on 24 inch chrome.

No Caption Provided

How much does Rousey make again?

Who cares? There are people you've never heard of who make 50 times what Floyd and Ronda make combined, with nary a hater in sight and they don't need to get punched in the head every 6 months to do it. Sports are for chumps, try making a business instead.

Anyway, Floyd's a joke in his own sport who clings to cultural relevance by latching his wife beating hands onto Justin Beiber. Ronda's literally the most popular sportsperson on the planet right now bar none.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: ain't got a 24 inch d*ck though

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LAL@ Ronda being the most popular sports person today.

That title would go to someone like LeBron James.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one gives a shit about that dude out here. Think beyond 'murica.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, right.

Nah. He's doing it because he wants to feel those back muscles again.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Ehh.

You do know that Basketball is one of the most popular sports on the planet, right? Probably second ONLY behind soccer/football, right? He's not just popular in America----this isn't Gridiron footbal I'm talking about here.

Australia doesn't make the majority either.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This.

Have you guys actually seen Ronda grapple against men who are nearly not as trained as her and don't even go all out? She looses nearly 4/5 times.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ComicStooge

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@comicstooge said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Ehh.

You do know that Basketball is one of the most popular sports on the planet, right? Probably second ONLY behind soccer/football, right? He's not just popular in America----this isn't Gridiron footbal I'm talking about here.

I get what you're saying, but can't say I agree. Ronda's everywhere at the moment, considering she's been in 3 blockbuster films since 2014, is everywhere in terms of media coverage and there's literally never been an athlete like her, as both an attractive woman and an ass kicking machine. That marketability is off the charts, homie. She's taken the world by storm in about what, 2-3 years?

Sure, her sport might not be as successful as the ones you listed, but media outlets have always been more focused on Ronda's success than her fights.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll say she's the most popular sportsperson in combat sports.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@comicstooge said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Ehh.

I get what you're saying, but can't say I agree. Ronda's everywhere at the moment, considering she's been in 3 blockbuster films since 2014, is everywhere in terms of media coverage and there's literally never been an athlete like her, as both an attractive woman and an ass kicking machine. That marketability is off the charts, homie. She's taken the world by storm in about what, 2-3 years?

Sure, her sport might not be as successful as the ones you listed, but media outlets have always been more focused on Ronda's success than her fights.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll say she's the most popular sportsperson in combat sports.

Fair enough.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@comicstooge: eh, who cares, sports are for chumps anyway. Try building a space ship.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She has traps like a man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@comicstooge:

Who cares? There are people you've never heard of who make 50 times what Floyd and Ronda make combined, with nary a hater in sight and they don't need to get punched in the head every 6 months to do it. Sports are for chumps, try making a business instead.

Kind of a cop out TBH

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No CR7 is the most popular sportsperson on the planet going via facebook and twitter ;p

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Butter Bean could take her

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stormdriven

Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi would definitely be more popular than Rousey

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@laflux said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

No CR7 is the most popular sportsperson on the planet going via facebook and twitter ;p

Yeah, which is why I said someone like. I'm pretty sure Messi and CR7 are the most popular athletes worldwide. :P

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floyd would stomp if he had prep, he'd make it rain on Ronda thus crushing her under several tons of 1 dollar bills.