CONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

What now Mendes supporters? As i've been saying the power would be too much and those kicks took the life (energy) out of Mendes. Mendes was doing good with his gameplan but Conor's will and chin was too much.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:
@comicstooge said:

@sheenlantern get on board the hype train, buddy.

Hardly a hype train, McGregor is far more than hype!

He's the biggest thing to come by the UFC in years.

Mcgregor haters rustled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've been a big supporter of Conor's for a long time now. I don't really talk MMA here on CV (though maybe I should). Here is a "sig" that I use on my MMA forum. You guys should like it...

No Caption Provided

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew Conors striking and reach advantage was going to be a problem for Mendes. Dude has got pin-point accuracy striking *smh* He's got a Helluva chin too, he took some shots from Chad which is not to be takin' lightly seeing as Chad has wrecked some of his opponents with his punches. Props to McGregor for backing up his mouth and walking what he's been talking. Ain't bragging when you do it and back it up

Avatar image for adriana_huntington
Adriana_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ComicStooge
SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you all understand why people were calling for McGregor to fight a wrestler now. Just a shame it had to be on such short notice, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Mendes had time to train proper and the cardio to go five full rounds like he did against Aldo. Or maybe if McGregor fought Frankie Edgar, who has just as good wreslting as Mendes but also has inexhaustible stamina.

McGregor's TDD really is shockingly bad, Mendes took him down virtually at will. He also doesn't have nearly as strong enough of a guard to justify his lack of wrestling defense, you'd think he was Romulo Barral the way he just invited Mendes into his guard.

Anyway, it's a shame we're never going to see Aldo/McGregor, not with the ban on IVs.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@sheenlantern: Yeah he needs to work on his TDD for sure if he wants to beat top wrestlers with a full camp. Frankie is a terrible match up for him.

if Mendes had time to train proper

Remember Conor wasn't training for a wrestler for almost his entire camp so with a full camp it could've been different. I'd love to see Mendes vs McGregor with a full camp... that'd be a good fight.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: John Kavanagh has gone on record stating that he and McGregor don't train for specific opponents, if that's true then his camp wouldn't have differed all that much.

It really was just a battle of cardio, who was gonna last longer, Conor with his viscious weight cut or Mendes with his 12 day long training camp? Mendes must have assumed Conor was, as he abandoned his advantageous position in an attempt to end the fight.

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What now Mendes supporters? As i've been saying the power would be too much and those kicks took the life (energy) out of Mendes. Mendes was doing good with his gameplan but Conor's will and chin was too much.

I started to bet on McGregor against Aldo.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: If Conor beats Aldo, he'd easily be the worst the grappler of any current UFC champ, by alot.

In the post fight, he admitted Chad's ground and pound was doing alot of damage to him too.

Chad's stand up was better last night than I think alot of Connor fans will give credit.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

@sheenlantern: If Conor beats Aldo, he'd easily be the worst the grappler of any current UFC champ, by alot.

In the post fight, he admitted Chad's ground and pound was doing alot of damage to him too.

Chad's stand up was better last night than I think alot of Connor fans will give credit.

Wait, what? Don't think that happened, he even said it wasn't doing anything to him... please give me the exact minute and second he said that because i'm 99 percent sure it didn't happen.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like we will be getting Aldo vs McGregor after all...

That Rory vs Robbie fight was Something Else too...

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah Muay Thai is better

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: I'm talking about the press conference and no I don't remember what minute.

It obviously did do damage, blood was streaming down his face in the second and he looked damaged in the press conference.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan

I'm talking about the press conference and no I don't remember what minute.

I know you are and I watched it as well and I specifically remember him saying it didn't do shit.

It obviously did do damage, blood was streaming down his face in the second and he looked damaged in the press conference.

Irrelevant, you're saying Conor said it did damage when IIRC he brushed it off as not doing anything to him except for the cut which he also brushed off as nothing. Chad did do some damage and made him bleed but I don't think he actually had Conor stunned, guy's chin is insane.

Looks like we will be getting Aldo vs McGregor after all...

That Rory vs Robbie fight was Something Else too...

Rory vs Robbie was by far the best fight on the card and that's insane considering the amazing fights such as Bermudez vs Stephens. Never going to root against Rory unless he's fighting Robbie, both of them have insane heart, chin and will. Robbie is probably the most exciting fight in all of MMA right now IMO.

Nah Muay Thai is better

Did you watch the fights? That was one of the best cards ever! Muay Thai is irrelevant to this thread.