confirmed update on sting joining wwe

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Source: PWInsider Elite

PWInsider has confirmed reports that negotiations are ongoing between Sting and WWE. Word is that a decision must be made within the next 2 weeks on whether or not Sting is going to join the company.

Several factors are being worked out right now including scheduling and what Sting is and isn't willing to do creatively. This does not mean Sting is definitely coming to WWE and he could very well work another year with TNA but the impression has been given that Sting realizes if he's going to have a run with WWE, this is the time.

The impression was also given, within WWE, that there will not be a match against The Undertaker, at least at this year's WrestleMania event. However, the idea of Sting debuting at WrestleMania XXX with some kind of cameo or vignette has been discussed.

There's also a feeling that Sting is the face of WCW and with WWE promoting a lot of WCW content on the Network, he could be an asset there. Sting is considered a fresh, unique face when they are used to using people like Ric Flair and Diamond Dallas Page to promote their WCW projects.

While it was believed on Monday that no deal had been signed yet, RF Video's Rob Feinstein noted on Facebook this morning that he heard Sting signed a deal with WWE in the last 24 hours, for what it's worth.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I doubt it's ever going to happen. And knowing WWE, they'll mess it up like they did with Goldberg's run and Brock's return run.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Sting did come to WWE I much rather see him involved with training other stars and such like Dusty Rhodes and whoever else does for the WWE

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TazzMission

@gambit474 said:

If Sting did come to WWE I much rather see him involved with training other stars and such like Dusty Rhodes and whoever else does for the WWE

i actually wouldnt mind if sting feuded with someone like bray wyatt or dean ambrose. the shield is supposed to be splitting soon with reigns turning baby face and i just cant see ambrose as a non heel at all.

@mods. sorry for the triple post but the boards glitched up like healthcare.gov

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll believe it when I see footage of him on RAW

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sting is old and irrelevant now. He wrestles with a shirt on and he's balding like crazy. The allure of Sting joining WWE died years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care anymore. If he does it probably will not be that good anyway

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let Him Come... Sting can give us one year in the WWE at least as a Wrestler... from there... uh, IDK

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sting is still alive?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Heard its confirmed by a few sites.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sting is old and irrelevant now. He wrestles with a shirt on and he's balding like crazy. The allure of Sting joining WWE died years ago.

thats funny since wwe recently had plans to put hogan vs piper on the card for mania but luckly wwe doctors stated no to hogan being involved in any form of competition

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle

@tazzmission said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

thats funny since wwe recently had plans to put hogan vs piper on the card for mania but luckly wwe doctors stated no to hogan being involved in any form of competition

I heard they are going to use him more to promote the WCW content on their new WWE network than anything else and give him a career DVD and all that, he will still have a presence and everything but I don't think he will wrestle that much.

Frankly, I agree with the previous statement, the guy isn't geriatric or anything, but he is too old to be preforming in the ring, him and Undertaker would be like watching my two late-middle aged uncles hobble around for a half hour. I would rather see Undertaker fight a younger talent. Whenever he wrestled someone like Triple H or HBK. the match had to rely more on story and acting, because they are all too old to be exciting in the ring anymore and personally, I don't really care for it.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TazzMission

@cattlebattle said:

@tazzmission said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I heard they are going to use him more to promote the WCW content on their new WWE network than anything else and give him a career DVD and all that, he will still have a presence and everything but I don't think he will wrestle that much.

well if sting feels now is the time to do some matches ( not saying undertaker specificly) he would do it. wwe would sell ppvs hard if they book the match right if it was

sting vs punk

sting vs daniel bryan

sting vs roman reins

sting vs dolph ziggler

sting vs bray wyatt

also i wonder if he would use his classic wcw crow theme since wwe owns it.

just imagine lights go off and this plays

Loading Video...

also wwe still should try and hire this man

AJ MOTHER F*CKING STYLES!

Loading Video...

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another update

- As noted earlier, RF Video's Rob Feinstein mentioned on Facebook that Sting has signed a deal with WWE within the last 24 hours. Since then, Feinstein has posted another update on the matter on Facebook, writing:

"I got a million emails over the day and wanted to wait before I said anything more on the Sting situation. I see that my FB post has been all over websites today and I will stand by my story as the person who told me has never lied to me and is a good source. As I stated earlier today I do not think Sting will face Undertaker at Mania. I am certain that Taker is going to face Brock at mania and I know a little bit more but I don't want everyone yelling at me for spoilers. Trust me Mania is going to be really good this year if it's true what I have been told. Everything changes in this business so there is nothing that you should go out and bet your house on. I still think that Sting will not be at Mania and will be on Raw the following night and be tied into the Network. I guess we will all have to wait and see but I also think WWE will def tease Sting up until that weekend but again I think he will debut on Raw and only wrestle a certain huber of dates and maybe one MAJOR match at Mania in CA in 2015 and be part of the HOF."

PipBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got here from Wrestling Forum,this is nice to see

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay now brett Hart can preform the perfect sharpshooter on him

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TazzMission

Yay now brett Hart can preform the perfect sharpshooter on him

bret cant wrestle do to his stroke history. have you seen bret lately? he looks terrible

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kidchipotle

@tazzmission: I think the bigger news is that Punk quit WWE. Have you posted about that yet?

EDIT: I couldn't wait, I did :P

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is quite possibly the dumbest reason I see from people when they hate on Sting. Oh yes let's hate on Sting for wearing a shirt yet say nothing when someone like The Rock has done it on multiple occasions when he was in the ring. Sting's old? So's taker yet I don't see people complaining about him. If people want to diss Sting then all power too them however they need to come up with better reasons than that

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: I think the bigger news is that Punk quit WWE. Have you posted about that yet?

EDIT: I couldn't wait, I did :P

i was asleep when the news broke. i think i caught some form of flu so yea i heard . it isnt anything new since austin did the same in 2003

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: Calm down buddy, the shirt comment was pure joke. Everything else was serious though.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: Calm down buddy, the shirt comment was pure joke. Everything else was serious though.

I am calm actually..Something that's always amusing on the net is one tries to assume how one is feeling behind a computer screen

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:

I am calm actually..Something that's always amusing on the net is one tries to assume how one is feeling behind a computer screen

That's the problem with the internet, we can't tell what the emotions are of the opposing person :-\