Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

So I went to a concert last night at a small venue and I have to say I'm pretty unhappy with it. I've been to tons of concerts and have never had an experience such as this. The problem? I couldn't hear the band over the hundreds of singing fans. It was like a massive group karaoke. This usually doesn't matter at a amphitheater or arena, but in a small enclosed space, it makes a world of a difference. 

We all like to sing. But you can do it in your shower, home alone or in your car. The whole point of going to a concert is to see an artist you enjoy preform their work. Then why would you sing over top of it? 

So please, do the ones of us that are their to watch and listen a favor. Don't sing. When the artist holds up the mic to the crowd, that's your cue.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EdwardWindsor

the trick to avoiding that is just being closer to the front where the music is way louder lol

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I know what you mean.  I've been to see the Chili Peppers a couple of times, where the crowd were louder than the band... I didn't pay to hear a room filled with fans.  I paid for tickets to see the band!   

But on the other hand, being on stage and having a stadium full of fans singing back at you must be thrilling.  I can't imagine any performer turning around and telling the crowd to 'STFU' ;)

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Precise

I guess it depends to what kind of band you're going to as well.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@xerox-kitty: yeah, she was encouraging the singing. 

@Precise: well I know this was the wrong band. It was Paramore. I know they are generally the younger crowd, but that didn't stop the couple my age to my right and the other twenty-something year old girls to my left from singing every song. The thing is, I was pretty much all the way in the back, where I expected 'the watchers' like myself. The show was packed like sardines.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Precise
@jloneblackheart: Well it is something you could have expected to happen. But I can see that it's annoying when you're just there to hear them sing live. But if the artist is encouraging the singing you can't really blame the audience..
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

well, she encouraged it after ten or so songs of the crowd singing every song. Like xerox-kitty said, it's got to be a rush for the band.  I can understand that.

I don't really expect this blog to change anything, I'm just venting. The way I see it, I spend over $80 to listen to fans sing.

Avatar image for ravaginghamster
RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By RavagingHamster
@jloneblackheart:
Who did you see?
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@RavagingHamster: Paramore, so I should have expected this. It was a little while ago, I'm done being mad. I just needed to vent at the time.
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ARMIV
@xerox-kitty said:
" I know what you mean.  I've been to see the Chili Peppers a couple of times, where the crowd were louder than the band... I didn't pay to hear a room filled with fans.  I paid for tickets to see the band!    But on the other hand, being on stage and having a stadium full of fans singing back at you must be thrilling.  I can't imagine any performer turning around and telling the crowd to 'STFU' ;) "
That'd be so freaking hilarious.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth

it depends on the genre to be honest.