Concept for a Gamera reboot

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This would be a kids cartoon that follows a brother and sister who are "friends" with Gamera. They basically get dragged into the whole thing by freak accident when the girl touches Gamera's egg and becomes linked to him. This makes her and the turtle inseparable.

No Caption Provided

Gamera

Gamera is the guardian of Gaia. Whenever he is needed most, an egg appears and Gamera is reborn to fight for Gaia once more. He first appeared to protect the world from the savage hunger of the Gyaos, after which the Atlantians worshiped him as their savior. An approaching alien invasion, the return of the Gyaos, and the coming rise of Atlantis have summoned Gamera again.

Powers:

Guardian form- When he isn't in his Guardian form, Gamera is a smaller, less threatening version of himself. He has glyphs on his shell and his signature tusks, but other than that he looks like a normal turtle. When he needs to fight, the glyphs on his shell glow red and he transforms into his Guardian form in a swirl of flames.

Pyrokinesis- Flames can heal his wounds and destroy his enemies. He can even create constructs out of fire. With this power, the sky is the limit.

Flight- He flies like he always has, I don't think I need to elaborate much. He can fly through space by surrounding himself in flames.

Mana- Gamera can draw power from Gaia itself. This can give him or his allies an incredible burst of power. He can also use the mana blast which is basically the Spirit Bomb in beam form. Few creatures are capable of surviving a direct hit from the mana blast.

Immortality- If he is killed, he can be reborn from a new egg. This may take anywhere from a year to several hundred years. He can only be killed permanently if Gaia itself is destroyed.

What do you think of this idea?

-Racob has spoken

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By _Gaff_

I would like to see him get more screen time.

The Lake Texarkana dub of Gamera 2 is the best giant monster movie ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_ said:

Ah yes, Big Ass Turtle vs Giant Skeeter!

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:
@_gaff_ said:

Ah yes, Big Ass Turtle vs Giant Skeeter!

That crap was funny. "Holy Crap!"

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'd like to see more Gamera. He only really had 3 movies do him justice, which was the Heisei trilogy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, what do you all think of the Guardian Form thing? It's the most original idea I've had so far.