Comparing debaters to Wrestlers?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Does what it says on the Tin. A Shame if you don't really follow wrestling, but I lunno, go read Wikipedia or look at TV tropes or something. Of Course, your contributions are welcome. Feel free to compare yourself, but its even more fun when you compare others :P

This is made for you @god_spawn. Feel free to lock or switch if you don't think it should be on the Battle Forums.

I'll get this party started.

@god_spawn- I'll probably get dropped kicked if I didn't say CM Punk. His personality turns, overall variety when it comes to Street-Levelers in particular, as well as how good he is, does lend himself to that. Plus he's a self-admitted Fanboy. But I also see some John Cena. He's the current Champ, and as well as being a Mod, it doesn't lend himself to be being anti-establishment.

@cadencev2- A J Styles. Now some may say, who what, but its a high honor. The Ultimate Universe compared to the 616 Universe is kinda like TNA to WWE, that is to say underrated and somewhat unappreciated. I enjoy CadenceV2's debating style alot, and I enjoy debating against him, just like I enjoy watching A J styles compete.

@k4tzm4n- John Cena. First off, both are top tier. K4tz may not be champ, but that could be argued to be due to Staff duties. Both are faces. K4tz was Mod, Now he's Staff, he does battle of week, attracting new people to Comicvine. Plus I've never seen him do like anything heelish, like ever.

I've got some others, but I'll leave them to you...............

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

calling someone john cena is a insult in my book

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takuu said:

And so it begins lol..............

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH, Unlike Punk you didn't run off to god knows were once you won it though..

Also

@morpheus_ The Rock. The People's Champion......... The only thing we need is for him to return.

@buckshot- The Undertaker. Been around forever, and I don't think I've ever seen him do anything other than dominate a Wildstorm debate (so bears reference to the Wrestlemania streak). Also used to make me crap my pants a bit back when I first joined (in a almost literal meaning).

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@takuu said:

i wonder who is going to be the jabroni beating pie eating trail blazing eye brow raising peoples champ THE ROCK!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takuu said:

i wonder who is going to be the jabroni beating pie eating trail blazing eye brow raising peoples champ THE ROCK!

Morpheus has it IMO. He left a while back, and I think he would get a similar reaction if he came back. What do you think?

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@takuu said:

Morpheus has it IMO. He left a while back, and I think he would get a similar reaction if he came back. What do you think?

will he rock bottom k4tzm4n ?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux:

TBH, Unlike Punk you didn't run off to god knows were once you won it though..

I stayed. Why? Because...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: Oh, and I totally picture you as Santino Marella or Heath Slater.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

And @vance_astro is Mark Henry. Vance comes into any thread, eclipses the ....monitor I guess. Three 6 Mafia starts playing. Vance makes his mark "DAREDEVIL CURBSTOMP SLAUGHTERHOUSE!" and then leaves, but only walks away so far before screaming "DAS WHAT I DO!".

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had 1 debate but lost it despite thinking I was good :P now I just watch debates, so that makes me, what, Brad Maddox?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Santino Marella

He's actually more dangerous than he looks, but his goofball nature does suit me pretty well.

If this was about Off-Topics thread, I'd totally be a Wade Barrett. The threads I've ruined.......... with Pyro, Nerx, Lyko, and theacidskull. They are my Nexus.

And @vance_astro is Mark Henry. Vance comes into any thread, eclipses the ....monitor I guess. Three 6 Mafia starts playing. Vance makes his mark "DAREDEVIL CURBSTOMP SLAUGHTERHOUSE!" and then leaves, but only walks away so far before screaming "DAS WHAT I DO!".

Classic Vance was more scary than R-Truth.........

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had 1 debate but lost it despite thinking I was good :P now I just watch debates, so that makes me, what, Brad Maddox?

You could be Micheal Cole, except he has a 100 percent winning Record in Wrestlemania >:DD

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is weird, but I like it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'll be uh...some..guy...that's good at wrestling...

...right?

MadnessFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmmmmmm why is this thread in the Battle section anyway?Its not because wrestling is all about fight means its deserve to be in this section.Anyway its not my problem.Have a nice day.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This gonna be one hell of a slobber knocker

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

This gonna be one hell of a slobber knocker

You win being JR.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By xxxddd

@laflux: I see @god_spawn being more resemblant of John Cena than CM Punk.

Citizenbane is Goldberg(never loses anything), k4tz is Ryback(just comes in, demolishes everyone, and then leaves as if he wants there to be more competition).

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

I miss Morph.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 god_spawn  Moderator

@xxxddd said:

@laflux: I see @god_spawn being more resemblant of John Cena than CM Punk.

Citizenbane is Goldberg(never loses anything), k4tz is Ryback(just comes in, demolishes everyone, and then leaves as if he wants there to be more competition).

Those two comparisons I find way off. Goldberg was a lot of power, but he was far from technical. Bane is a lot like Chris Benoit or Dean Malenko. Just comes out, has a perfect fluid repertoire, and can make someone tap in 1000 different ways. K4tz is like a peak, face Y2J. Funny but knows his stuff and one of the best.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This is weird, but I like it.

I'm always surprised at what people do. Free will is a terrible privilege.

@god_spawn

: Bane just lays his facts down like Goldberg lays his opponents down on the map. He doesn't play around, he just gets to the point and finishes. Although unlike Goldberg he isn't threatened by those who are in his class.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@xxxddd: It's still a bad comparison. By that logic, he could be compared to any powerhouse or any big guy that ever got a monster push. Goldberg was far from a technical and mat savvy wrestling guru like Benoit or Malenko. They just picked apart their opponents and made them tap. It's what CB's style is more like by far. Baney is too technical to be a Goldberg. And I say this as a huge Goldberg fan. He's one of the reasons I'm in wrestling and I even adopted the spear because of him.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By laflux
Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 3 questions. Who would be THE AMERICAN DRAGON DANIEL BRYAN

And who's Braaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnarrrrrrrrrrrr?

And who's Kane?

Also...sup /wooo/

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist

@laflux said:

@cadencev2- A J Styles. Now some may say, who what, but its a high honor. The Ultimate Universe compared to the 616 Universe is kinda like TNA to WWE, that is to say underrated and somewhat unappreciated. I enjoy CadenceV2's debating style alot, and I enjoy debating against him, just like I enjoy watching A J styles compete.

LOL I love TNA more so than WWE at this point. My wife watches both and we bond a bit that way. Im honored.

@laflux said:

@takuu said:

I legitly have a reason to hate John Cena. No BS real reason.

When I was deployed in Italy with out my wife and child for 2 straight years, with only a month with my family in between for my sons birth. On my flight return home, I was going to be picked up at the Tampa Bay airport. Cena is from Tampa Bay, and had the shoulder injury. My wife, HUGE Cena fan. Like most broads and kids. Guess who was there at the Airport when I was about to pull up for my Homecoming? CENA!!!!!!!! I come in expecting a all about me day of kisses and loves, what did I get? "OH MY GOD< CENA WAS HERE< I MET HIM< BLAH BLAH ****EN BLAH..."

So to all you Cena fans.... **** him!

Now onto who I think is who.

@god_spawn = Undertaker, a legend, comes in with few words and hard facts, never gets pinned down in a debate.

@vance_astro = Chris Jericho, has style, insulting (god your post were mean way back then), and loads of technical skill.

@deranged_midget = Sting. Very Knowledgeable, very pleasant to get along with, beats you down with respect.

@buckshot = Mark Henry. If he do not like your argument, will tear it apart with overkill of force.

@citizenbane = Rick Flare, been around forever, I hate him, annoys the hell out of me, hard to beat in any debate tho, cocky for a reason.

@laflux = your hard... your a mix of John Cena with your people pleaser attitude, and a little bit of JR in your pleasantry like debate style. You take nothing personnel and always respectful. Also I do not see you debate as much anymore.

@boschepg = Jeff Hardy, I think he debates for the worst characters, yet he pulls it off in dare devilish fashion.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: = Shane McMahon. Do a lot of behind the scenes work, always adding to the site, always busy, not afraid to throw down in any fight.

@floopay = Bret Hart. Very technical, brings the facts, locks you in his Sharp Shooter of facts debate style, and does not let go till you concede, I conceded to him many times when I was confident in winning.

@nickzambuto = Edge, Rated R super star. Always going with unorthodox characters, in your face debating, loves to jive opponents, straight forward.

@beatboks1: = Jerry the King Lawler, Old school, knowledgeable, and when he throws down, still rocks it.

@killemall = Kane, deals in higher Tier characters, powerhouses, and has the knowledge and facts to choke slam you in a easy win.

@strider92 = Christian Cage. Your not mainstream at all in your comic reading, been in many fields with obscure indies. You do not debate often, but when you do, it is backed with technical knowledge.

@thundergodswrath = Kevin Nash. Big sexy, everyone knows of ya, and you like to go big with your character debates. You debate the least amount possible with your straight facts of why so and so wins.

@jokergeist = Doink the Clown. Need I say more? Wacky, unusual debate style that makes you laugh. Can debate with the big boys just like Doink did in WWF.

@rogues = Rey Mysterio. Unique use of characters in debates. He also reminds me of a small guy in a big guy fight. But keeps the pace going in non stop action.

There is many others to relate to, my brain hurts now however.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 vance_astro  Moderator

This thread is awesome.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 3 questions. Who would be THE AMERICAN DRAGON DANIEL BRYAN

And who's Braaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnarrrrrrrrrrrr?

And who's Kane?

Also...sup /wooo/

I was thinking who would be Brock Lesnar. At First I thought @citizenbane because obviously both are top tier, Bane left like Lesnar, then came back. But I've always seen Lesnar as a lightning bruiser powerhouse that simply overwhelms opponents. Bane is a bit too technical for that IMO. So I'll go instead with @hyper_god. His icon is a Honey Badger, he takes no guff, and his breath of Knowledge when it comes too cosmics will blow you away. Like Lesnar, he's progressed quickly (I mean I think he's one of the only guys who started out as good as he is now, and I mean that in a good way. And like Lesnar, both have taken breaks but have come back.

Who do you think should be Brock @god_spawn?

Kane is hard for me. I'd think @floopay makes a good Kane. Both are underrated IMO, and have a surprisingly large rep.

@cadencev2 If I'm a face, with good mannerisms but doesn't debate too much, wouldn't I make a decent Kofi Kingston? He has Ghanaian Heritage (I have Nigerian, so we are not too far apart lol). I'd say Ultimately I'm about that level debating wise, and I like his acrobatic wrestling style alot. I'd also say John Morrison, for similar reasons, apart from his ethnicity.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 makes a good Randy Orton, wrestling style, though personality wise, I'd say he's more of Face- A J springs too mind...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@cadencev2 If I'm a face, with good mannerisms but doesn't debate too much, wouldn't I make a decent Kofi Kingston? He has Ghanaian Heritage (I have Nigerian, so we are not too far apart lol). I'd say Ultimately I'm about that level debating wise, and I like his acrobatic wrestling style alot. I'd also say John Morrison, for similar reasons, apart from his ethnicity.

actually Koffe is perfect.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only experience I have with wrestling was watching Race To Witch Mountain.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love threads like these.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 god_spawn  Moderator

Hyper god is the lesnar of cv. He kind of comes and goes and just dominates

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@killemall: I get it, it was penis joke! lol

Just be happy I mention you.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, i consider myself as Evan Bourne. Flashy, but not necessarily "great."

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

"CAN I BE STING?"

Says me, the guy who hasn't watched wrestling in years.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wat.

uh

okay.

this is actually very clever except i know nothing about wrestling.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Just be happy I mention you.

Oh I am :P

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm so Dolph Ziggler.

I don't know why, it's just who I thought of.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 god_spawn  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Sting still wrestles. You're good.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sync1

I'm so Dolph Ziggler.

I don't know why, it's just who I thought of.

gross. Dolph Ziggler. xD

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By beautifulrevery

@laflux: I actually agree with @floopay being Kane quite a bit but for slightly different reasons. He's a mainstay. A vet. He can cross into as many different gimmicks/arguments as anyone around and still come out looking strong. He can take a loss here or there and people still respect his knowledge and power. Also he has his signature "Thanks for reading, Floopay" much like Kane's pyro(that last one's kind of weak but whatcha gonna do? lol)

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Haha it seems you have summed me up right. :-)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

actually Koffe is perfect.

Especially since he's a Spider-Man fan!!! And his fighting style has some similarities.......

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Story of Laflux and Godspawn.

No Caption Provided

laflux started it.

The teasing - the flaunting. All that yummy man-junk, day after day in the battle forums.

god_spawn tried. He tried as best he could to resist that chocolate chip, mocha, cocoa goodness...

But failed.

Being the alpha male, he made the first move.

And laflux played it cool...

.. and soon their bromance was in full swing,

...until they reached the top of the world. Together.

Ebony and Ivory.

Perfect Harmony.

Forever.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 god_spawn  Moderator